Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my Jalopy Journal book today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

I'd say Ryan's PO needs some ass whupin'. Mine will get some for leaving it out in the RAIN with the corners torn off. DMF

2. aaggie

aaggie

I received mine on Thursday. The Shipping envelope was all torn up and patched with tape and looked like the Post Office drug it behind the mail truck but the book was OK.

3. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

agreed! I've read it 5 times so far .... love it

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

As you might imagine, I've got some planned words for my local USPS office. They've been so great in the past - I'm not sure what happened here.

We've gone to different packaging.

5. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thats some funny shit there, done that to many times,

6. moefuzz

moefuzz

Give em hell Ryan, in today's day and age this is not acceptable.
    -They should be responsible for all costs involved in fixing things.

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

My envelope was torn up also and one book has a damaged edge..but not to worry that will be the one I will wear out.

8. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Not to be a gloaty SOB but, I got mine and the package looked like it had been hand delivered to my mailbox. I don't know if they were shipped over a period of days or alphabetically but if they were you could pin it down to a certain shift.

The book is very addictive. I've put away more beer reading in the AC this last week than I can remember.

9. Paul B

Paul B

I got a torn envelope nothing inside sent Ryan a pm

10. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I received mine in excellent condition. A big thanks to those involved in producing it!

11. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

i went out to the mail box today, giddy with anticipation, only to walk back home like a sad kid at christmas who got clothes instead of a bb gun.

12. Just got home ... carefully opened the mail box ... Nada. Hopefully by Monday =)

13. TRuss

TRuss

Yeah. It looks like the PNW might be the last to get them. Mine was ordered first thing Sunday morning (I spent Saturday in airports and airplanes) and still no book. Oh well. I'll be super stoked when it does get here.

14. rodncustom

rodncustom

I received both of mine...in a torn envelope as well and one with water damage...like RoyalShifter said, that'll be the one that gets worn out.

15. TRuss

TRuss

This sucks. I couldn't imagine putting so much work into something just to have the post office tear it up. Their work ethic clearly doesn't match Ryan's which is what pisses me off about people. 1 out of god knows how many actually care about doing a good job. Why don't people take pride in what they are doing? I don't care if they don't like their job, that doesn't matter. The job is the job, you still do it the best you can. Especially if you have to put your name on it.

16. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

I got my book last week and felt really bad after reading these posts when mine showed up in perfect condition so I bent and tore the corners and read it with greasy hands (it's not like it's the Bible or anything). The writing is Hunter S. Cochran, the Jeff "Rex Burnett" illustration is cool and most of the book is like looking at the brilliant Tim Sutton's portfolio (the Continental Kid digger rail shots are genius).
    Mazooma1 is Doug Hayes? Thanks for opening and sharing that time capsule Mazooma1. It took me awhile to appreciate that your excellent photos were not re-creations but actually taken back in the day. And I loved your road trip story. Your story is 1000 times way cooler than mine but it reminded me of my own "let's-drive-another 1,000-miles-after-all-what-could-happen?" adventure when I was 19. I once had the job of delivering a trade show booth to CES in Las Vegas with a friend in a plain white all-metal '74 Econoline van with aluminum slot wheels, a Craig cassette player, Pioneer box speakers mounted on the doors and a box of Rush, Journey, Foreigner and J. Giles band tapes. After the job was done we decided on a whim to drive to the Grand Canyon since neither one of us had been there before. It was January and we were prepared for the 70-degree Las Vegas winter with our overnight backpacks of extra T-shirts and white socks but not for the 28-degree overnight temps which met us at the south rim of the Grand Canyon. We slept in the back of the empty van wrapped in furniture pads in the parking lot of the Grand Canyon Lodge. The next morning we couldn't afford the lodge breakfast prices so we wandered over to the edge of the canyon wall, looked over the edge, said "wow" and immediately drove home to warmer weather.

17. tejas34

tejas34

Got mine on 6/30/2012. Great pics and stories!! Does anyone know of a JJ#1 that is for sale?

tejas34:cool:

18. zoomma

zoomma

Just got mine today.
    It must be right what they say about New Hampshire.
    People are nicer. My book was in like new shape.

19. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

is it even real? or more of myth handed down from generation to generation...

20. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Got mine today and its awesome. It was in mighty fine shape too.

21. Still waiting. I hate you all!!!

22. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

still waiting...

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm still here... packing... And will be until the early morning hours all week fellas. Working as fast and as hard as I can - PROMISE!

24. Got mine in Georgia today. Nice heavy envelope, everything in fine shape! THANKS to everyone involved in getting this project to the finish line!

25. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I got mine today:D
    Very nice job guys now I just have to find time to read it...

26. AeroCraftsman

AeroCraftsman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last Thursday I got a mangled envelope. No contents.
    Today the replacement arrived, perfect condition.
    Totally worth the wait.
    Thanks Ryan

27. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I got mine in the mail...probably arrived in the mail Saturday. Thankfully it was in great shape though the envelope was a little rough! The book is fantastic! Well worth the wait, and definitely worth the money!Great job, fellas!!!!

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

Aw man, got the confirmation that my book (and other stuff) is on its way. Ryan, have you changed up the packaging at all to try to avoid the damage from the USPS's smackdowns?

29. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

got it, great shape.....envelope looked like it was hand carried from TX....thanks

30. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Well I guess the usps hates me, got the journal package open and torn but the book was ok, Then after waiting for my topper to show up, the door bell rings and a stranger is standing there and said They delivered this to my address. My address is 4791 and his is 4971.. Thanks to a good neighbor I got my topper. So much for the good old un- reliable usps.