Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southern Ohio Hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carlos, Jun 27, 2012.

1. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Gettin a cruse-in going on every Sunday -nite 4 to 8 in Blanchester Ohio at the Dairy Point on state route 730 and Middleboro rd,Old creamy whip the young guy that owns it is a car guy,Good food,picnic tables,Shade,close to Cowan Lake State park,Lots of antique shops in town ,come on down nice drive from cincy or dayton,$50 door prize and a free ice cream to regierstered car.Make a day of it come on down.Got something to sell or trade bring it:DLaid back atmosphere shade and grass to park on

2. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Hey carlos, you parking in your usual spot at Goodguys Columbus??

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

does Milford still have the Friday night show?

4. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Yep ifin we can cant wait,you sell the coupe at sprinfield?I love that car.If I had the cash it would be sittin in my drive.you want to come down to the cruz-in let me know come by the house .I will see you up there.Some pic of the cruz-in and the last one is good guys

Attached Files:

5. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Sure is cars coming in from all over Huge Crowd.Been getting allota Gasser style cars,come on down you wont be dissappointed for sure and its free.My club does a split the pot and all proceeds help local kids that have been delt a tough hand.All the proceeds and I mean all goes to the kids thanks to the good people who donate there time and I am sorry that I have been slackin

6. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Are you talking about the place across from DoWop's shop? I don't remember there being a very large lot there.

7. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Yep there use to be a car wash behind the dairy point and is now gone and lots of shade the above pic is in that lot.Come on down for a Sundae drive:Dlotsa of room

8. Old Dude

Old Dude

I did a Car Show there 10 years ago, and 79 showed up in the rain. It was The 50 th. Anniversary Show. I got roped into it by my Grand Daughter, and had 5 days to get it together ! WoW ! Like Carlos said it has twice the room now, since the Car Wash was tore down. All Show Cars get FREE ICE CREME ! It starts at 5pm & ends at 8 pm. Cash is given away at 8 pm. If you # and name are pulled out. No Everyday Vechicles are allowed unless they are wildly Modified Plenty of Shade, and Picnic Tables to eat your Hi-Point on, or Banana Split on. Speaking of Banana, I am fooling around on a '49 NASH Airflyte, you know, the one that looks like a TUB ! See Ya Old Dude. Dairy Point Ph. 937-783-2131 for Food. Located at No. Broadway, in Blanchester, Oh. I won't charge ya anythg. to look at SMASH, LOL

9. Buckeyeman

Buckeyeman

Oh yea. Been really big lately

10. Buckeyeman

Buckeyeman

FREE ice cream!!?! I'll be there!! I'll try to get some other Milford guys there. Free ice cream!!???

11. Old Dude

Old Dude

I was parked by you about a month ago. That is so neat, it rocks, that would be nice at Kent. Nascar Race. I don't drink any more, but I am a Party Animal when it comes to Old Steel ! :D

12. Old Dude

Old Dude

Yes, you heard right, FREE ICE CREME, with Registration of your Show Vechicle. Starts at 5 & ends at 8 pm. Suggestion, have it put in a cup, that is what I do, in order to keep from getting it all over you. You can get a Zebra, that is when vanilla & choc. are mixed together.

Now at 8 pm if you have entered your Show Vechicle, not everyday driver, you are eligible for CASH DRAWING. GOOD LUCK OLD Tin Hambers.

Ph. Dairy Point at 937-783-2131 and put your order in, and have it ready when you get there. Better get there, or Carlos will eat it. He got a Big Hi-Point Basket, then 15 mins. later he was eating a large Banana Split. Their Food is GOOOOD, right Carlos !

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  13. Old Dude

Old Dude

Tell the other Daryl to bring Shirley, he knows what I mean. One of the Wild '41 Willys down there. They like free stuff. If you have something to sell, bring list & pictures of it.[/I]
    Hey Fast Eddie, have you got your Steering Column fixed yet ??? Man, I like the way you got it lookin. Cruise On. See ya All tonight. 5to 8 pm.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  14. Old Dude

Old Dude

Buckeyeman, Thanks for coming to Sunday Night Cruise. I have that Title I said I had. the other was a '52 Chev. Pk. Up This storm messed up my E-Mail tonight.

15. Old Dude

Old Dude

Buckeye Man; I went and got me a newer P C, something that is a little more modern than i am.Sure appreciate you coming down to Dairy Point Cruise In. Reminds me of the days when i drove my Hot rod to Softball tournaments. In between games w would find a cool place and park, and play some cards.
    Don't forget Sunday Night Dairy Point Cruise In. Ph. 937-783-2131 for your food order, and have it ready when you get there. VERY GOOOOOD.
    Old Dude, Street Rod Lane, Blanchester, Oh.

16. Old Dude

Old Dude

Buckeye Man; I went and got me a newer P C, something that is a little more modern than i am.Sure appreciate you coming down to Dairy Point Cruise In. Reminds me of the days when i drove my Hot rod to Softball tournaments. In between games we would find a cool place and park, and play some cards.
    Don't forget Sunday Night Dairy Point Cruise In. Ph. 937-783-2131 for your food order, and have it ready when you get there. VERY GOOOOOD.
    Old Dude, Street Rod Lane, Blanchester, Oh.

17. Old Dude

Old Dude

Cryobug, this is for you. This is Carlos '55 Ford. He used to have a very nice '40 Ford, Yellow in Color. i can't keep tract of him, everything is FOR Sale, but he likes this '55 Ford, just as long as he is HAPPY !

Attached Files:

• 1167.jpg
      1167.jpg
      File size:
      494.8 KB
      Views:
  18. cryobug

cryobug

Yellow is a good color on a Forty. I totaly understand the everything is For Sale thing. I have history of the same thing. Thats why I have built so many cars.

19. Old Dude

Old Dude

Cryobug, Now I know you helped Tom a lot on his '39 Chevy. Pk. up. Now did you count it. :)
    Have a Cruise In at Blanchester Dairy Point this Evening, 5 to 8 pm. All i have to do is drive one of my hot Rods out, and I get a FREE ICE Cone. Well I put mine in a Cup, melts to fast otherwise. Then at 8 pm they give away $$$ CASH $$$. Last week a T-storm came in, and it was canceled.
    Sending a picture of Johnny, Arlene, and my son Jimmy. Jimmy is a big Time Gear Head. He told tom that left front Fender on '33 Ply. was junk, and for him to get anothewr one. Well you know Tom, Jimmy sent it to him with unfinished fender. He said it was junk! They had welded u bolts in and filled with silly putty.

20. Old Dude

Old Dude

Cryobug, I have had my '39 Chevy. for 34 years, it is not for sale. It runs very strong. On the other hand I have always sold old cars since the early 70's when i went into Service Station Business. I was always buying and selling something. Sold quite a few old motorcycles, didn't require so much space.
    I like the forty Fords very well, but one of my favorites is The '38 Ford Cpe. Not as many around.
    If you get a chance, you need to come up for Pumpkin Run Nats. You have a place to stay, I'll put tom in the Dog House, lol. They have huge 50/50 Drawings, one small one on Sat. your half is around $10 to 12 Thousand $$, & Sun. is your share is aound 14 to 15000.00 dollars $ Then if your number is pulled out, you win a Hot Rod of some sort. This year it will be a '34 Chevy. 3 window cpe. It is on Oct. 5th. 5th. &7th. 2012. I think the NSRA has their show in Tampa the next week !
    "39 Chev. picture at 2009 Goodguys Nats. in columbus.

21. cryobug

cryobug

I have always loved a nice 39 Chevy coupe. I built a 39 sedan for the guy that built tom’s transmission. Nice car.
    Thanks for the invitation but I don’t think I can make it up. My wife just started another job and can’t take any time off for nearly a year. She hasn’t been on any kind of vacation in six years and I have been to Columbus and Knoxville a few time in those six years. I am thinking that if I go anywhere for fun again I should bring her along or I will feel so guilty.
    Well on tom’s 39 Chevy P.U. I installed the front and rear suspension,steering column and universals to the rack, reworked the transmission mount, made [SIZE=+0] [/SIZE]the motor mounts that I had dug out of someone's trash work, installed the ZZ4 engine, 700r4 Trans and 9” Ford, welded up the aluminum fuel tank and extra holes in the trucks cab, set up the brakes and made up all of the fuel and brake lines, Installed the A/C and helped him wire the truck. So I think I can count that one. I tried to talk him into letting me take the cab and bed off since we had the nose off anyways and do the body and frame the way it should have been done but he said he just wanted something to drive so that’s what he has got, “A DRIVER” That has an all new drivetrain and suspension. Tom did do allot of work on his truck, He was helping me most of the time I spent on it. I know he learned allot of things, one of them being how much work and time goes into building a car.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  22. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Hey old dude you still have your neck brace?If so strap it on and come on up and let me take you a ride in the elcamino:D

23. Old Dude

Old Dude

Carlos; You don't have a windshield in yet, not alone Seat Belts ! Call Johnny, and let him drive you 1