Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help me decide before my head explodes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Apr 22, 2012.

?
  1. Stick them harvesters on there

89 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Leave it alone numb nuts

80 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Some people call Internations Corn Binders, I'd put them on, they look good to me. Nice truck! Bob

2. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Update time!

I finally got the harvest mirrors painted and polished and looking like I wanted them, and mounted them in such a way so that I can revert to my originals. Next thing is to try for a while and see if they do actually improve visibility. What do you guys think of the look?

Comparison shots;

before;
    [​IMG]
    after;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. robber

robber

Very cool!:cool: In April, I was really leaning towards the binders and knew that I would have put them on... these babies look even better than what I had invisioned. Very unique and functional too. Great choice!;)

4. Wish I had a set,they look great and would look just as great on my 51 coupe.

5. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I voted to put the Harvester mirrors on, I really like them.

6. rcoffey

rcoffey

send them to me and Ill put them where they belong,on my binder thanx. sweet ride anyway

7. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

"Next thing is to try for a while and see if they do actually improve visibility. What do you guys think of the look?"

I like 'em. It looks like the mirror head is a little higher, better maybe for visiblity. Now go for a drive to see if they are better.

8. been over two months, poll is real close, i'm guessing your head exploded.

9. forty1fordpickup

forty1fordpickup

Well, did your head explode??? How did she like them??

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Well, I'm pleased to report that my head is still on my shoulders and in one piece.
    The jury is still out on the mirrors, Jane wants to put a few more miles on the truck to see if she can get used to them. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll end up putting the old mirrors back on as I think she misses the slight convex on the glass that they have. It would be a shame as I really like the new ones but I have to accept that her comfort and confidence whilst chauffeuring me around is the most important factor here. Fortunately I don't particularly dislike the old mirrors and no extra visible holes were made in the swap so no harm has been done in the experiment. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread.
    Paul

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I still like them. But I'm having a hard time with the gold. Gary

12. thunderplex

thunderplex

If you like the mirrors, put em on. Why do you care what everybody else thinks. Waaayyy, too many wishy-washy questions on the HAMB.

13. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

thunderplex,Thank you for that invaluable contribution to my really dumb thread. It is pearls of wisdom such as yours that make this such a wonderful community. I shall treasure them until I die.
    Paul

14. thunderplex

thunderplex

I am so glad I could help. But sorry if I offended you. It's just that I'm amazed at the number of guys on the hamb that put stuff on their cars because someone else thinks it is or isn't cool. I personally could care less what everybody else thinks about my cars. At least I know what I like.

Again, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.

15. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

You haven't hurt my feelings. And you can bet your ass that's the final decision will be mine. But it's a tricky choice and I value the opinions of my peers, they may be useful to me when making my final decision. If that makes me a wimp, so be it.
    Paul

16. thunderplex

thunderplex

It's your choice to build a ride based on public opinion, If you've built your truck on other peoples likes/dislikes you've lucked out. For your sake, I hope the next round of voting makes you smile.

Yours truly,

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  17. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Just taken her out for a run, and the wife feel safer driving with the original convex mirrors so I've decided to stick with them. Goes against the consensus of opinion which should keep certain people happy.:rolleyes:
    Many thanks to all those who contributed in a positive manner.
    Paul

18. Squablow

Squablow

Could the convex mirror heads be adapted to the IH mirror bases? Looks like the head of the IH one would unscrew anyway. I like the IH stalks better but the painted back side didn't do it for me, if you could mix the two you'd have the best of both worlds.

But driveability is more important than looks in the end.