Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 ford tudor build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LBCD, Mar 5, 2011.

1. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

hows it going with the bodyman? looks like you were off to a great start, hope you can resume your project soon! good luck man

2. LBCD

LBCD

It's been a while since I updated this thread. I have been working at the painters shop and have been working on the car myself along with one of his workers. I have no other choice to do this knowing I won't get a dime out of him if I sue him. I will be going there this week to finish the body work and help block it out for paint. I should have done this a long time ago.

3. LBCD

LBCD

Trying to post pics with phone app...let's see if this works!

Attached Files:

4. LBCD

LBCD

More pics from yesterday,

Attached Files:

5. redzula

redzula

Cool looks pretty straight nice work

6. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks! Doors are on and deck lid and pan messaged. Fender trim holes welded and hopefully paint goes on next week.

Attached Files:

7. LBCD

LBCD

Getting close to paint going on...I picked up some painted grills and stripped them and fitted them into the fenders....a little grinding and messaging and they will do just fine.

Attached Files:

8. LBCD

LBCD

Ready to color sand and mount on chassis in the next few days! Then it's fenders a and hood, but in the meantime my work is cut out for me...love it

Attached Files:

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Boooiiiiinnnngggg!!!! Nice job! great color choice!!

10. looks great! I dig the color, it is going to look nice with the bone colored dash. Bet you are ready to cruise it finally, huh?

11. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

12. Model T1

Model T1

Until I joined the HAMB forum I didn't think anyone else liked 39 and 41 Fords ! Great to see all the compliments and work on these body styles. Our 41 2-door is just fair but we bought it pretty much as is over 12 years ago and love it with the Chevy running gear and Nova subframe. Yea the owner called it Camaro like that makes it go faster!

Good luck on the final paint and assembly. Wish we had chrome grilles. Have two extra side grilles but they are painted silver chrome. Because of money missed a complete three piece chrome or stainless set at a swap meet. New tail lights, handles, and other things are still available. I have the original front fender lites.
    Love the color. What are the interior color plans? Tan or brown looks nice with that color.

Did you guys start a 1941 owners thread??

13. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks everyone! We tweaked the color just a bit from the original Ford Mayfair maroon....interior will be a mix between the bone white dash and garnish trim with tan/taupe...I don't have that planned out yet.

14. Wow! I’m looking forward for a pick on the road, keep up the good work!

15. LBCD

LBCD

Chipping away...I painted under the body black as the painter just primed it. I fabbed a couple of access doors to install in the trunk to access the gas tank fittings and started installing sound deadening mat. Started color sanding too.

Attached Files:

16. LBCD

LBCD

More pics

Attached Files:

17. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks guys! Got the body mounted and bolted on today. It took a little time lining the bolts up being the body is a 46 and the frame is a 41 but it's straight and sits perfect! It's miller time!

Attached Files:

18. cmbrucew

cmbrucew
    from Socal

IBCD
    Looking good.
    Wish my 41 deluxe coupe was at that stage.

Bruce

Works good
    Lasts long time

19. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks Bruce! The paint isn't perfect but it's good enough at this point...here are 2 more pics. I will be on vacation for a week so nothing else will be done till I get back....fun times!

Attached Files:

20. LBCD

LBCD

Getting closer to that first drive!

Attached Files:

21. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Your Ford is beginning to take shape. I love the chassis work you did and I am looking forward to seeing more pics in the near future.

22. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks for the nice words...I'm getting closer, still waiting for fenders and hood...same story again with the painter. Other than that I just need to install the front seat and I will be mobile...just around the block till I get tags and lights....my 11 year old cant wait to drive....

Attached Files:

23. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Love the color, and so glad you went with bias plies, makes a world of diference.

lbcd likes this.
  24. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks! Took her around the block tonight! I'm Very happy and so are my wife and kids!

Attached Files:

25. LBCD

LBCD

Started installing the glass. The 2 quarters went in easy and work nice and smooth. The front doors are a little more intricate....I think I need to mock them up first before putting the glass into the track and just throwing it together.

Attached Files:

26. DenK

DenK

Might have a pro do the windshield. Took two guys to put
    them in my sedan coupe. They put them in together with
    the gasket from the inside. Tough job.

27. LBCD

LBCD

Well.....my painter didn't finish fenders and hood...needless to say I need the whole car redone due to issues with the front and back window openings, doors and just trying to match the paint. Yes I'm pissed but it is what it is and we will settle it in small claims. Moving on..... I'm talking to a very reputable painter not far from me as he is in Long Beach too. I Talked to him the other night and hopefully i should have the car to him very soon. So interior will have to wait...

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  28. 1941Ford_Luke

1941Ford_Luke

29. LBCD

LBCD

The car is in with a painter/upholster and hopefully will be done in a couple of months. Basically the whole car is getting repainted...except for the firewall. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378318078.066563.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. LBCD

LBCD

Thanks!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!