Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes dragster crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jon being Jon, Jun 25, 2012.

1. I guess the only thing that makes it a little easier to handle is it is NOT the original car, but a replica or clone if you will. In fact it is the second one as Shige wrecked the first clone in Japan in 2003 (IIRC). Still sucks, but at least the original is safely tucked away in the Garlits museum in Fl.

2. Raitsa

Raitsa
    from Finland

3. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

It is a street. The track is part of a road/race circuit, its part of the local road network. Loads of camber, not ideal for drag racing, but they do. Euro Bug In is at the same venue, plenty of fast cars run down the track then

4. One Finger John

One Finger John

I have watched the 4:36 long version and I have to say that on the first run the driver came THIS close to nailing the tree. The second run looks like he essentially never pulled his foot out of it. There was one regular speed continuous shot, one slow motion shot, and one stop action sequence. Watch where the run goes bad. Right at the tree. Like the first run. Watch the drivers head and see how much correction in the front wheels vs steering wheel movement.

Unless there are plenty of replacement frames available I would get a new driver.

5. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

It is easy to become a "Monday Morning Quarterback" in a deal like this. "the driver should have done this" , or "the driver should have done that" .

Well guess what. If that is the way you feel. Build yourself a per -period front motor car. WITH A CLUTCH, AND LOCK IT UP!!

Stay away from the water, take it to the line and let the mother fucker rip!!!

You'll be singing a different song after a few attempts. It's not easy. Tracks are sticky bitches these days, with a "groove". Get out of it ,(the groove) you will know it.

An un prepared surface will be the perfect condition for a "smoker dragster".

I can see in the video this is some sort of a road course. That they turned the straight away into the starting line.

But it had some rubber down,. And there was something missing here. And trouble followed.

The only thing I can say the driver did wrong was not liftin soon enuff. I have been in the same spot a few times. Once it is headed the wrong way,,, well your just in for the ride after that.

I am friends with a well known professional dragracer. And he says that the problem with todays tracks is they dont leave you enuff room for your to save your car. Now it is just smackin a wall. And this video proves this correct.

It always surprises me that people go to a "nostalgia race" or what ever. And see a dragster smokin the tires. And there sayin "man he couldnt get it hooked up" or "he only did a burnout".

Are you fuckin kiddin me??? Did you look at the flyer that got you to come here>? They always have a dragster smokin the tires. Then you get in there and you see sit up diggers with radiators, electric fans and a fuckin dragster that has been "raped" for years by some bracket race bandit. That has no fuckin clue what a nostalgia draster is. Just because the motor is in the front dont mean you know what is the right way to go nostalgia racing.

Frankly Im embarsed by most of these "diggers". Remember that on a dragster. LESS IS MORE. Some of these fuckin things look like rat rods.

This rant was fueled by the negative responce about this Moon Eyes dragster crash. This dude is trying to give some livin history of the way it was. Smokin the tires and carrying the wheels.
    His balls on the line.

I applaude this man for lettin the clutch out.

Or he could just sit on the starting line and let it idle. So ya'all can talk about how good it sounded.

Fuck that!!!

Swap pedals, dodge parts and bathe in oil.

Front Motor Dragsters Forever!!!!!!

6. Preach it Brian.

7. metalman

metalman

Guess we know how you feel Brian! FWIW I agree with you 100%. I hate to see them bang up the car but that launch, front tires in the air and back tires smoking, damn, that's what I like to see.
    I don't understand "cackel" cars either.

8. Right on Brian!!!

9. David Kipling

David Kipling
    from canada

Naughty! I saw Dante Duce wreck the beautiful "22Jr" rail in England in 1964. Tony Nancy was driving the Wedge and did not crash. Duce I think talked himself into the ride, and did a bulls-eye hit on the markers at the 1/4 mile end. The markers were 40-gallon steel oil drums filed with sand ---- can you way "WHUMMPP"!

10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

This is the type of thing I hope does not happen at our kkoa leadsled even in july. It brings faster and faster cars each year to the drags, with no safety inspections. The track is an old airport runway, and is no way at all prepped for racing. Last year there were concrete baracades between the cars and the public, years before there was nothing. A car with enough speed would go right over those baracades. Be careful guys.