Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old cars, my wedding, and the rush to make the big day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sparkydeluxe, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Ok I know this isn't facebook and we're here to look at and talk about traditional cars, not babies, weddings, and life events that have nothing to do with them, so hopefully it's clear that this is not a "hey look I got married" post, but instead an outward decleration of the joy and pride I feel not only for the obvious event of marrying my best friend and having an amazing time with family and friends doing that, but just a few photos of the cars that made it there, and how proud I am they made the trip.

This was a destination wedding in the middle of the Colorado rocky mountains, so although I do a lot of life with plenty of great people that own and drive their old cars, the bottom line is that it is a BRUTAL drive to get here, especially for old tin. So for the cars that did make it, I'm so extremely appreciate.

Those especially being the 59 Chevy truck, 55 Oldsmobile, and the 50 shoebox. All of these cars mean so much to me, my wife, and our families, but two out of three were so completely far off from functional machinery that it's a miracle any of them made it to the day. To put it in perspective, at the time of my bachelor party one month prior to the wedding, my shoebox was a shell with a bare block sitting in the bay needing EVERYTHING to be road worthy, her dad's 59 had been sitting without life for over 17 years, and THE DAY BEFORE the wedding, her 55 oldsmobile was without brakes of any kind, but through the help of my father, her father, my wife, our family and friends, and a hell of a lot of work, all the cars made it to the day without issue. We couldn't be happier!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Awe Mannnn that's awesome!!! I would love and hope for the same for myself within the next couple years!!! Congrats brother!! Enjoy

3. this picture is awsome dude using the bumper to apply some LIPSTICK! congrats!:D

4. Rob68

Rob68

Congratulations man!!!!!!

5. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

6. Thanks. That's her daily driver. She loves that damn car.