Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my Jalopy Journal book today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

fingers crossed that I have a copy waiting for me when I get home....

2. Colville

Colville

I was late on my order but Ryan said it should ship out next week. Cant wait, really hope I get it while im over here in Afghanistan. I'll be heading back to the states in August so I will have great reading material for the ride home :) Cant wait!!

3. If you don't even know what you sent money for, makes it kinda hard to know when you get it in!

Got mine btw, and it looks awesome!
    Thanks, Ryan.

4. 35desoto

35desoto

Thanks Ryan - I was getting worried here "down Under" (New Zealand) that there would be no envelope left by the time the book reaches us given some of the comments - LOL
    I'll leave some feedback later as to how it arrives
    Now just to wait patiently!!!!

Thanks

5. pumpman

pumpman

GOT IT TODAY! Outstanding.

6. TesTed

TesTed
    from alabama

Just recieved my 2 issues of the The Jalopy Journal #2 today and I'm very upset considering these were purchased as collectable gifts. All 4 corners of the package are damaged 2 of them being ripped open exposing the books and damage to the spine of one can be seen I haven't opened the package yet because I will also be contacting my local Post Office over this issue also.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  7. TesTed

TesTed
    from alabama

As I expected Ryan Cochran is handling the issue for TYVM Ryan however I still have a few words to share with the local Post Office. Was thinking just me I also had UPS deliver a gasket set here once that the driver had ever so neatly fold in half and slide between some other boxes. Some people.

8. What is the USPS sorting these things with....a hay rake?

9. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

I just got mine. Wow what a book! Thanks for all the effort Ryan.

-Mitch

10. robleticia

robleticia

Got mine yestersday!! Very nice!!! Thank you Ryan!

11. Kramer

Kramer

Haven't seen mine yet, but its barely afternoon here on the left coast. Hopefully it is there when I get home. And in decent condition, with the apparent postal service issues.

12. jdubbya

jdubbya

Mine has yet to arrive, hopefully soon though. My carrier has been know to forget larger envelopes at times.

13. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got mine damaged in mail but who cares this is BADASS thanks Ryan!!!

14. My package was also ripped and torn,,the corners of the book were crimped but that gives the book character,,heavy damage like the one posted would get my feathers ruffled too. HRP

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine showed up yesterday, burned up some nighttime hours looking through it.

16. ...can't wait for my copy; fingers crossed it gets here ok.

17. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Oh yea, Thanks for signing my book.

The book looks GREAT & looking forward to reading it and getting some grease stains on it. Heck with the USPS, if I would have paid 3 figures plus (which is what was thinking that it would have been priced at) I would have caused a stink with the USPS.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ.

18. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got mine today and it is spectacular!

I thought Doug's road trip story was the best but I felt a little sad when I read that he had hurt his coccyx......:eek:

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I was really thankful that the tailbone didn't start hurting until I flew home. There was virtually no rear suspension and straddling the roll bar and our belongings, I was wedged in that one position for, what? ...1800 miles.
    But, remember, I was 16......dumb, limber, and dumb.
    There was one position that I couldn't sit in for about ten years....but move just a 1/4" and, no pain, so it wasn't more than some getting used to.
    Fun trip...I am soooo thankful my Dad got me hooked on photography when I was a kid. I was looking at some photos of mine yesterday and the date on the margin says, 1957...so I was 6....lucky guy I am....in so many ways....

Here's a shot that didn't make the book...this was my "office" for the week...and this doesn't show all the camera bags and clothes, etc. that was stuff around my feet.
    We couldn't put anything in the pickup bed...it was two gas tanks and the battery.

Doug

[​IMG]

20. Master of None

Master of None

Got mine today! love the FED ordering off the dollar menu.

21. junquewerkz

junquewerkz

Got mine today, too. Envelope damaged but the Journal's OK. More than OK - it's beautiful. I just like touching the cover. Nice work, Ryan. This one's going on my coffee table now to help spread the gospel. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

22. Got mine yesterday, envelope was trashed but the Journal was spared. Awesome read. Congrats to all involved, except to my mailperson(a real bitch).

23. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

...i was hoping mine would arrive today to give me an excuse to not work in the garage tonight as the temps were over 100 today,(it is getting hotter here than today for the next several days, but the humidity is low, so it doesnt really bother me, but like i said i was hoping for the excuse),,well it did arrive to day.... undamaged ,i did manage to get an hour of work in before i couldnt wait to tear into the Jalopy Journal.(mostly planning and measuring)....after that ive spent the past hour and a half reading from front to back....i hadnt planned doing that, i just figured i'd flip thru the pics, which i did, but flipping thru every story keep making me more and more hungry to read...so i did...i havent done that with any type of publication since the first time i picked up the rodders journal for the very first time......

..every story is above par written and the pics are amazing,,, i enjoyed every part of it....
    ..and is it any coincidence that the Jalopy Journal reminds me so much of the Bible??? :D

EXCELLENT JOB FELLAS!!!!!

24. Kramer

Kramer

Mine did arrive today, :) relatively unscathed. Some minor tearing of the envelope, and a couple of dents on the edges, but overall in excellent condition. Much better than my last pilots magazine which looked like someone dropped it in a toilet. :D. Now I will have to find a quiet place an take my time going thru it.

25. EBW

EBW

Received mine today. I ordered two along with a shirt. Mine had extra packaging and came through greatly. Thanks Ryan !!

As a new guy to this, I can see and appreciate how special this is.

26. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

got mine yesterday. its killer!

27. TRuss

TRuss

I hope mine gets here okay. I'm so weird about my stuff looking nice. You should see me at the book store examining every TRJ on the shelf trying to figure out which is the best looking one.

28. Muttley

Muttley

HAHA, I do the same thing.........then I stick the nice one in the back, grab a beat up one, pay for it and on my way out walk back by the rack and switch them.

29. dw123

dw123

Not made it over here yet but nice to know that they're on their way!

30. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

That article conjured up the same feeling that I got when I was a kid seeing the photo of the McMullen roadster with the ribbon chute out on the street....every kid's fantasy

There were several variations to this...taken at different times..

[​IMG]