Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project Flatliner!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fitzee, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Looks right on Fitzee . I am still partial to the right side . It all flows in the same direction . Your car , your choice . Either way its gonna look excellant . Think I will spend some time on the Buick today !!! Later, Andy..

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with Andy on that right qtr. It's kustom, is it not? It adds to the sleek profile IMHO. Help me understand why y'all seem to definitely not like it? You're probably right, but I just don't understand what's so bad about it.

Either way, it looks great! Me like.

3. fitzee

fitzee

Thanks guys. when I look at some I dont like its because I see something funny!! What I see on the right side is a dog running with its tail between it legs!! lol.also been told it looks like a corvette quarter!! But to top it off I find the left side definds the roof line much better.. The roof has somewhere to end in the profile.The right side the roof just keeps going.

4. jhutch713

jhutch713

I second that Fitzee, it seems to never stop. Sometimes things are good in theory but until you do it and see it on the ride, you just never know. The car is looking great though, You do great work, I bet you're seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Try not to get the "finish it" fever, enjoy it as you go. Keep it up.

5. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well now, there you go. I now see what you described, and I agree with you. You can lead a horse to water . . . :)

6. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

great job on the trunk Fitzee ! ;)

7. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Awsome chop, very nice stance...

Another Canadian car saved from the crusher !

Awsome work...

8. dt50chev

dt50chev

Any updates lately?

9. fitzee

fitzee

No! it spring time here and Im too bust at the shop getting cars finshed for the summer..my stuff has to wait.. I scored a set of chrome bumpers off a 55 chevy..they are smooth with no bumper bolts and the guy with the 55 dont like them and replacing them with the 5 peice bumpers. also he never liked the rear bumper cause it was from a wagon!! that is perfect for me..

10. Devoted

Devoted
    from DFW Texas

11. sr808

sr808

The chop is looking good.

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

13. fitzee

fitzee

Might be wonder what has happen to the old girl..well been busy at my shop completing two cars.and Saturday I sent the last of the two out the door. So today I gutted the garage and blew the dust of the old girl and moved her out on the floor agian.. a month back we found a 49 Studebake in the woods in which I took the hood..Now Im running 56 Olds Fenders and find that the hood looks too far back with the fenders so I want to add another hood section from something to bring the peak up and forward to match the fenders.. I think this might just work and with the peak in the hood it will match the peak in the fenders. also got time to scrap the parts car have the quarters and roof at the shop so I can use them on flatliner.. with any luck I might get a nite or two this week at it..

Attached Files:

14. redstraw

redstraw
    from tn

huh, I think thats gonna look good I can kinda see what you talking about. I would have never thought to do that, cant wait to see the end result.

15. Lowie

Lowie

I had to join so I could follow your progress on the Flatliner (apparently NFMS and FB ain't enough for me, haha)

That hood will look good when it's all said and done. (as will the car of course)

16. fitzee

fitzee

Final getting back at the old car..first time in a while now..plan is to stick no less then a hour a night at it. got all the pass side door tops all fitted..need some ajustments and had to use some parts off the 4 door car for the back section.. going to fill in the holes in the roof tomorrow night.. Feels good to be at the car..

Attached Files:

17. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Excellent!
    We'll see you for lunch Friday!!!

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good news, looking forward to it.

19. Looking good Fitzee! Glad to see you are able to get back to your car.

20. fitzee

fitzee

night two back at the old girl. I figure I work on the section of the roof and trunk that I had chopped out.. now you can sit down and try to make new peices and not be happy with how they turned out or you can hunt for shape that will..well my parts car had what I needed.I cut the roof off the 4 door and would use this for the peices I needed. Now ever now and agian when I do this you come across that perfect peice that works so good it make your head spin! well sizing up the trunk lids and looking at the front section of the roof I figure I cut it out to see how it would fit..well it fit so good that I had it butt welded it in no time. never had to work the panel or it never popped up as I welded around it..just trim and fit it to the car.the fit was unreal.. the flow over the trunk was perfect.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  21. fitzee

fitzee

next I cut two large section out so as to have lots to chose from as I moved the panel around on the roof for best fit..had some trouble with the fit..not as nice as the truck but it worked out just fine.. with other sections of the old roof I then peiced in the other two spots on the pass side of the roof.. tonight Ill do the other side.. Ill have it all peiced togeather then and Ill go around and fine tune what I dont like then weld it all up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Wow thats unbelievable how well that roof chunk fit the trunk lid! Great to see you back at it Fitzee! Moncton next year??? :rolleyes: I would love to take mine but the more I look at it the more I see to do ,gonna give it a try anyways!!

23. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool :cool:. Nice work as usual Fitzee.

24. Thats looking good there Fitzee . I have to get my fabrication fix through you guys for now . I have no time for the Buick but winter is coming .

25. fitzee

fitzee

Not say when Ill have it done but it will be bear bones.. Just making it a driver first then get the bugs out, then tear down and finsh.. that might be years if I have fun in it.. lol Going to take it one step at a time..

26. fitzee

fitzee

Clued up the drivers side of the patches so that everthing is in place and now Ill fine tune everthing and weld it up solid as I go.. That pass quarter I chopped up a year or so ago has been bugging me.It was a bad move I think so I am using the section from the 4 door car to put it back like it should be..I was expecting it to be total different in and around the truck but no. should fit on with very little work..

Attached Files:

27. movingviolation

movingviolation

Nice to see progress! Now if i could squeek a few hours on my own dust collector!

I'll try and stop in.......

28. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ok Fitzee we are past due for an update !.....please !

29. dt50chev

dt50chev

I second that!!

30. koolkemp

koolkemp

I am gonna text him to get off his arse and update us :D