Register now to get rid of these ads!

Henry Gregor Felsen “Rag Top” Need Car for Cover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hjfelsen, Jun 27, 2012.

1. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

I bet you all thought I had curled up and was hiding in some air conditioned building all this time! Big News!
    1. Street Rod is ready for sale!! I have not received the first shipment yet, but am pre selling. Contact me if you are interested. Ricky Madison is still at it!!

2. Looking for a 1936-1938 Chevy convertible for Link’s car in Rag Top. I’ve been doing the covers myself, as my dad never liked the ones the book publishers put on his books! I also put a small ink drawing at the beginning of each chapter. If you live in the midwest, that is best for me, but if you live in some beautiful place, I’m sure a road trip could be arranged!

3.I will be at Good Guys Heartland Nationals in Des Moines this weekend, with books and my car art on metal. Stop and say hi!

4. I will be at KKOA in Salina, Kansas in July. We are giving a $500 Henry Gregor Felsen award, sponsored by Victory Performance.

5. We have a Henry Gregor Felsen Tribute in September in West Des Moines, Iowa, honoring my dad’s contribution to the hot rod/street rod culture. You can see a little more at www.HenryGregorFelsenTribute.org
    All proceeds go to DMACC for scholarships for students in the automotive program, and to Drake University (where he taught writing) for scholarships for students in journalism.

6.Also, big news, I am joining the ranks! I am the proud owner of a ’32 Ford 3 window coupe!! It is being built by Bill Wineland and Gary Toney in Leon, Iowa. I do have to make trips quite often to check on their progress!!

So all this interest in republishing my dad’s books has led me to become my own publisher, so I could control the project, and added a new hobby! Can’t wait til I’m cruisin’!

Please contact me if you have a car for Rag Top, or if you have any comments on the books. Street Rod is available through me right now, but in a couple of weeks, it will be on Amazon and Barnes and Noble Online. By fall, the books should also be available as a complete set. Finally!

Holly

2. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Bump for Holly

Congrats on the 32! An pictures of the progress? We love pics!

Great to hear you have Street Rod out. I did the pre order for Hot Rod thru you a while back, and will definitely pick the new one up.

Somebody on here has to have a great Chevy convert for you. Step up guys to help Holly out.

3. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

Good For You!!!

susribed

4. Good luck on the search for the cover car. Look forward to seeing the car coming together. Saw it in person the other night, good start but can't wait to see you driving it!!

5. So your Dad wrote "Crash Club"? Great book. Read it over & over in High school.

6. cruisin30

cruisin30
    from Katy, TX

Bought the boxed set on Ebay last year. Almost unused condition and just finished the set last week, again! I am 69 and read and reread your Dad's books when I was 13 or so I think. Funny how some parts of the books you remember and other parts are like a totally new read. Is there a web site or do you have a link to the books you are re-releasing?

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Honestly, I always pictured a 46-48 chevy convert in my mind when reading the book......

8. alchemy

alchemy

See you in Des Moines!

9. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

It is good to see you having sucess geting these books in print again. I read some of the boxed set that I have again. They are always good reading

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Too cool news all around!!

11. That's funny;I always pictured it as a 49-52 Chevy convertible.And I know the exact car that would make an ideal cover car if that were the case:Bob Klessigs ragtop.How about it guys? I vote Bob K.

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Good to hear your doing the books Holly....have a signed set so I'm good! Love that your doing a '32....pics would be great!

13. daddio211

daddio211

Very cool news!

14. Cool. See you in Salina.

15. NAS Backyard

NAS Backyard
    from Lodi CA

WOW! that's great, I will have to get the books.

16. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

I was afraid you would have given up on me!! Sets will be ready by end of August!
    Holly

17. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

I’m glad you enjoyed them over and over! I’m amazed that although I never read them until now, they are extremely familiar to me. Like I totally knew the stories. Osmosis!

I don’t have Street Rod on the site, yet, but it is www.HenryGregorFelsen.com

18. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

just ordered the 2nd book in your series

once the set is available will we be able to order the remaining books&recieve the box t o use with the books we have?.............

19. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

I know this has taken me forever, but I am so close to having them all done!! Yes, they will all be the same, to be a set. I am working on finding someone to print the box for the set, and I'll have those available.

You were so important in getting me started on this project, I'm glad you have hung in there!! I had planned to have them ALL done by August 31st, but I got really sick, had 3 surgeries, and just haven't finished them...but so close. I might even get them done by the end of the year. I'm kind of waiting now til the 22nd. I don't want to do all the work, and then have the world end, so I'll get back to them on Saturday, if we are still here!!

Holly

20. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Hi Holly, I've got a question re Rag Top:

(SPOILER ALERT!)

Is it true that the book under its original title Cup of Fury had a different ending in which Link Aller was killed? If so, why did Mr. Felsen change the ending and title?

21. Hey Holly,

Put me down for the new set of books.....with your signature! I have the original set with your Dad's signature.

We have birthdays coming up....hope we're still here..LOL

Murph:cool:

22. JLeather

JLeather

Man, Street Rod was the book that really got me into all this stuff. My older brother left a copy behind in a bunch of his stuff when he moved out. The one with the orange cover and the picture of a bunch of guys sliding a nice roadster around a dirt road turn. I loved that book, glad to see you're keeping it alive.

Maybe I missed something but are you re-releasing the books, changing them, adding some?

23. Do you offer posters of the covers of the books? Just wondering. I like the one with the 34- 3 window coupe on the cover.