Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado springs residents that need a place for their cars/tents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I wish there was something I could do besides putting this back on the top

2. choptvan

choptvan

I had terrence arrive with his kick ass truck! Glad I was able to put a smile on someon's face during all of this BS. Now I feel like I am getting somewhere ...

3. Jagman

Jagman

My brother lives just across I-25 from the academy, so they have a front row seat for the horrible show. We're supposed to be there Monday for a family reunion.
    Best wishes for all who are in harms way. It's encouraging to see that a lot of homes have managed to weather the storm. Here's to all the brave people who are desperately trying to save homes and property.

4. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Bumped to the top again for a good cause. You folks stay safe out there, and God bless. I can't believe some of the pictures I've seen today. :(

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow, I guess I have been oblivious to the seriousness of this situation. Good on you guys for offering help close by!!!!!!!!!!

6. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

Yep, this thing is BAD...

7. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Awesome you could help, I had a 30 minute window to get my sons bagged Olds out of a garage in Pleasent Valley tonight, So I aired up the bags and drove it!!! I am in the process of rubbing out the new paint.No doors , bumper taillights plates etc.. police at every intersection just shaking there heads!!!! Thanks again for the offer on storage, I actuallly have a hanger at Meadowlake and am taking them there.... Your Awesome.... NIck PS had to leave the newly aquired Buick behind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hippy killer

hippy killer

Don't know how this fire will go yet I known in 2 hours away butt given the need ill be with a truck and trailer maybe we can not leave some of the no running cars behind hope the olds makes along with you home my name is Forrest cell (970)531-0292 call if i can be of some help

9. EBW

EBW

10. Terrence

Terrence

I have to give a huge thanks to Shannon for letting me drop off the yard art. I will sleep a lot better tonight knowing it's safe.
    Thanks Again
    Terrence

11. choptvan

choptvan

Awesome. You are most welcome. No need for the thanks but I appreciate it very much. Again, glad I could help someone out at least. Again, if anyone needs anything, I DO NOT care if it is 4 am, 719-358-6981 CALL ME!

12. Pimpin37zephyr

Pimpin37zephyr

Choptvan you the man! Thank for helping those in need . My son there now attending some classes but reports out of harms way. Nice to know there are good people around him thanks for all you do.

13. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Bump up again. I can lend any kind of hand up north! Maybe us north people can rally up some donations and bring em in.

14. hippy killer

hippy killer

Hope all goes well through the night back top the top

15. SOHC427

SOHC427

Got the next 2 days off ftom work, and a 24 ft trailer If you need help!!

Eric 720-272-9149
    5 acers, and real cool neighbors.
    Let me know

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Back to the Top

17. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

TTT, Thanks Guys!

18. TTT,We have the same worries every summer in the hills above Perth but hopefully never to this scale.
    Good luck to all involved and this world needs more humans like Choptvan and the others offering help,Thinking of ya's over here also.Take care.

19. 30 min bump

Poverty leaves an impression

20. metalman

metalman

Any reports on how everyone made it thru the night, fire status? Guess it's old news now, nothing much being reported thru the news.

21. choptvan

choptvan

no more structures lost. Today is supposed to be a bit easier. Cooler weather and not as much wind. They hope to gain some ground today. Also, the fire bearly grew at all.

Another bump for the morning guys.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  22. Merc cruzer

Merc cruzer
    from Colorado

Working on a custom tow bar for my 53' Merc, that I can leave the mounts on year round. That way on short notice it is ony two pins and you are ready to go. So many times if you leave once you can not get back in to get the other cars. We have been evacuated 2 times in the past years so I will be ready this time. We got an hour of rain yesterday so hopefully it will come back again today and stay longer in Colorado Springs, Bolder and Ft. Collins....this is way too earley for this many fires. Great what you guys are doing.

Conifer, CO

23. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

24. ONCE AGAIN, WHY CAN"T THIS BE STICKY instead of bumping it???????????????????????

25. Terrence

Terrence

At the press conference tis morning they said the homes destroyed were in the hundreds in the Mountain Shadows area. A lot of these people were at work when the evac order came in and only had a few minutes to get out. My heart goes out to these people. We suspect several of my wifes coworkers houses were lost.

26. colorado51

colorado51

Yes me too. I grew up here and this is just crazy! There are sooo many fires in Colorado right now....

27. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

28. choptvan

choptvan

29. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

To the top.
    And THANKS again.