Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know how to get hold of jamco suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zips50olds, Mar 29, 2012.

1. zips50olds

zips50olds
    from wny

Been trying to get hold them for a awhile and no answer and I seen that you guys know who he is.Just trying to see if they shipped.I don't mind waiting from what everyone said there worth waiting.

2. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Send a PM to Hottweelz.

3. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

HEy Zips50olds, PM me your name and PH #. I will look up your order and give you a call

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just curious, but why do people have to come here to get answers from Jamco? Yes, I've read (with much amusement) the other threads. I'm just curious.

5. jonly

jonly

ordered the 3" drop kit for a 64 riv on March 20th, have received responses on PM here. nothing of substance though, just 'will call manufacturer and find out' so far. not stressed about getting it, just wish there was a better explanation up front as the site says 2 week lead time for springs. hope they're a home run on installation.

6. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

Im in the same boat Jonly i recived the coils sooner than i thought i would no complaints there i was told i would get the shocks and bump stops before the coils ive called a few times to make sure they werent lost in the mail. im not pissed like you a better explanation would be nice

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

8. 5window

5window

Seems you either get them right away,or you never do. Did you get yours?

9. lowbuckers

lowbuckers

Yeah ordered my lowering kit on April 2nd and getting the same answers as everyone else called Ecklers and they are on back order too but I talk to someone each time I call them it's sad because I heard its a good product and worth the wait just a bunch of hoops to Jump through

10. jonly

jonly

I currently have half of my order, it's been a painful experience.

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I've heard a LOT of companies in the industry don't have stock sitting on the shelves. One guy I know can't get cranks and rods for his reciprocating assemblies.

It's a sign of the times, and not limited to Jamco.

There are only a few companies that have fully-stocked warehouses. The rest are waiting for their manufacturers to kick out product--everything is back-ordered.

-Brad

12. themaninblac

themaninblac
    from boise

I will never order from Jamco again. I waited over a month for my lowering kit to show up a when I would call to ask about it nobody ever answered the phone. I left several messages and sent lots of emails. It finally showed up and was missing the shocks. I called several more times and after letting the phone ring for what seemed like an eternity somebody finally picked up and told me they were out of stock on my shocks and that I should receive them in a week or so. Im still waiting and the guy on the phone could care less. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER, DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE JERKS

13. cederholm

cederholm

Hotweelz PLEASE get an office manager!!! Just someone who can answer the phone/emails/messages. Even if it's some part-time collage kid - preferably someone interested in business, not auto parts.

Why do I care? Because I am a fan of Jamco. Over a year ago I ordered a lowering kit for my '53. Someone at Jamco (perhaps yourself) questioned my choice of blocks and CALLED ME!!! I had ordered the wrong part. This 30 second phone call saved me a bunch of headaches. The parts came and fit and worked perfectly and I couldn't be happier.

But the sad truth is poor customer service is killing your business and you most likely will go under if it's not corrected soon. Sounds like the FNG above is not going to order from you again (understandably), even worse, he'll advocate to all his friends NOT to use Jamco.

Just some friendly advice from a small business owner who knows the pain.

~ Carl

14. HamD

HamD

While I think there will always be great parts available from less than perfect companies, I appreciate you putting it into words.

15. Paul B

Paul B

Brad 54 is right, I work in the parts dept at our shop. I call for parts everyday, all the dealers have cut back on stock. the bean counters say not to keep stock as it's $$$ sitting on the shelves.

16. 5window

5window

True, but that is NOT the problem. The problem seems to be JAMCO's lack of customer service and response. No one answers the phones or e-mails to start with, though they seem eager to receive payment. Then promises are made that have no apparent data to back them up.Then the customers are left hoping and projects are delayed because there is a significant lack of understanding,caring and honest replies.

You'd have to be insane,desperate, or both to place an order with a company that neglects it's customers to the degree this one seems to do.

17. BadFishKustoms

BadFishKustoms

well my "daily driver" olds has seen the road 3 times in the past 2 months due to no front shocks. just got home from a ride with the ole lady and now i remember why i havent been driving the olds NO SHOCKS !!!!!!! my last post on this thred was 30 days ago i made my order to jamco over 30 days before that! countless phone calls. no answer. countless emails. no answer........ i tried to be positive and ignore all the bad reviews i have read but now im left being a sucker.

18. jonly

jonly

I'm with you. I placed my order on March 20th, received coils but no shocks. I've not received bad service at this point, I've just been ripped off.
    no phone, no email, no PM on the hamb replies.