Register now to get rid of these ads!

“What joy have I in June's return?" The June 2012 Banger Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Well some of you/us still have babbit bearings and so the rule of thumb is that if the block is out plastigage works great on mains.I would assume the clearance would be checked with the flywheel off. It can be used accurately in checking the rod clearance with the engine in or out of the car. With the engine in the car the aluminum foil seems to be the best way. This is because of the weight of the flywheel. Hope you have a friend with a 1" micromter. You have to know the thickness of the foil before measuring clearance with it. It reportedly varies. Just keep adding foil 1 thickness at a time until the crank binds. I suppose the best would be free with 1 layer binds with 2 IMO.

I really don't care!

2. I like the saying, "If an old Ford is not dripping oil- it is out of oil".

3. Thanks Norm- I'd all but ruled out looking for a Fordson tractor crank, and your pics solidify my doubts :)!

4. CA 31 Victoria

CA 31 Victoria
    from California

Can anyone shed more information on this head? Did a search and did not turn up any information.

Attached Files:

5. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

6. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

Somewhere i saw someone selling new aluminum flaywheels for bangers, does anybody know what shop that is? I cant seem to remember Any experience with these?
    I'm in the marked for a lightened and balanced assembly. Thanks.

7. One source is http://www.specialtymotorcams.com/

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Belly tanks with bangers are cool !!!!!
    It's not every day you get to see one in CT

Attached Files:

9. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

10. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo