Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 Roadster junker...A dream come true!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choppa Hanee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Looks solid ,Very nice

2. draggler

draggler

Digging the amish motor mounts!
    29 roadster allways give the widdles!

3. Oldhenry1

Oldhenry1

A score indeed. Gooten luck, ya!

4. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Yeah Buddy!!, I know the feeling well! Great score and have a ton of fun!!
    (Don't ya just love the looks ya get towin' it home?)

5. I had to stop to get gas towing it home and the attendant at the gas station closed the register just so he could come outside to take a closer look. His comment was great "is that a '32?"......I just giggled and said "Nope, it's a 29"......to funny

6. Dude, that is friggon funny...even my somewhat none hot rod wife laughed at that one!!

7. Any updates on your project.

Frenchy

8. yeah, any progress on that beauty?

9. Thanks for all of the inquiries. I do have a couple of updates for you guys. I have separated from my wife. I had to downsize a little. I sold all my cars except the the FBomb and the roadster. It will be at the new home shortly and hopefully progress will continue.....(in a much smaller area....;) I am going to use a '58 caddy engine which is getting rebuilt as we speak. I am going to run a 5 speed and I have purchased a ASC '32 frame for it as well. It should be underway soon and I promise to keep you guys updated!

10. 1ton

1ton

Move over. vroom vrooom vrooooom vrooooooooom vroom. That is fun.

11. I love the motor mounts. ;)

I think that making vroom vroom noises would have to wait until I changed my pants. Something like that would just make me so giddy I would pee myself.

Good solid start to a slick project. I'm happy for you.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Clearly we have different ideas on what a "junker" is.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. I don't know what you thought about the car you sold to get this baby but I think you will forget all about it (if you haven't already) once driving your new ride - vrrooom vroooommmmm - you live in the perfect place for that car - keep us all posted on your build .... congrats!

14. That's alot better than my '30 tudor! that is some strange looking front 4 link supension rear mount.

15. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Hang in there ... you'll get it done eventually. And when you do you'll have something truly special.

I bought my `28 roadster as a stalled project. Flathead had been rebuilt and the chassis/suspension had been set up (kinda), so I thought I could probably be driving it in less than a year. It's been 18 months and I'm not there yet... but I'm getting closer all the time. Body is currently being painted, but here's a photo of my chassis and drive train today, and another photo of what it looked like when I started. I'm just queer for Model A's and this gennie `28 roadster is one I've always wanted.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. It's awesome and I love your color choice. You guys are starting to motivate me to dive head on and get started on it.

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I was wondering what had happened to your project. Sorry to hear about your life changes, been there, done that. It can put a dent in your life for a while, but it goes away and then you settle back down and start over fresh. :)

Love the idea about the Caddy mill, and I agree with everyone that your body is not bad at all, a lot of people start out with a lot less.

Don

18. [​IMG]

Traded the roadster body for something with a roof,
    Saving it for a retirement project in the next 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 and scotts52 like this.
  19. [​IMG]

Thank you Steadfastmfg for offering the wheels up!!!! Getting closer each day

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. Squablow

Squablow

What is that coupe body? I don't recognize it. Looks solid, whatever it is.

21. It’s a 1934 Chevy 5 window coupe

kidcampbell71 and Squablow like this.
  22. esrbuilders

esrbuilders

Awesome, good luck, have fun building!

Choppa Hanee likes this.