Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado springs residents that need a place for their cars/tents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Abomb

Abomb

No question, it's much worse all over the front range, but out here on the rural plains we are dealing with this stuff with a handful of volunteers and just a few trucks, so any fire in this heat (a couple of evenings back, our welcome to Oberlin sign said 117 degrees at 5:30 in the evening) and wind is a very big deal. On the other hand, we have less structures in the way to get burned, but some of those structure have millions of dollars worth of farm machinery in them.

Way to step up, and I hope we all get some moisture SOON....it's the only way they'll get a handle on the CO. fires.

2. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Prayers, and to the top

3. RAY With

RAY With

Bump for those who need it

4. choptvan

choptvan

To straighten this out. I AM NOT saying that we should only be worried about the springs or that it is worse than others or whatever. Just sayin I can help out here. SO I am offering it up to anyone FROM THE SPRINGS AREA that needs it. Willing to do whatever I can to help. Call if needed.

This site is helpful as well. All sorts of help through here. If you have space and want to help, let it be known.

http://waldofire.com/

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

When Cali burned in 03 they were calling on the radio for anyone with a trailer, horse or otherwise to air the tires and go help. We did and I was stuck there because they closed I-8. What a time. Youse guys are doin the Lord's work there.

6. Abomb

Abomb

Nothing to straighten out at all...I applaud you for your offer of help. I was just mentioning how bad the fire conditions are all over the front range and out on the plains. People out here need to use some common sense, especially when it's so close to the 4th of July, or things will get even worse.

7. kscarguy

kscarguy

Kudo's for the efforts. My sister lives in Crown King AZ and just missed being burned out by the Gladiator fire about a month ago. Stay safe.

8. EBW

EBW

Keeping this at the top..

We sent a bunch of folks and resources to help out in the past days and weeks.

Something to think about if you have to evacuate. Most things can be replaced with insurance. The key is to get your documents and Photos !! Those can never be replaced. (unless you have them on a digital format setup )

Also, if you can, take VIDEO and pictures of all your property ahead of time. That info can be used with the insurance folks if the unfortunate happens and you lose your belongings to verify what you have and aquire a better payout.

Hoping for a change in the weather and fire behavior so the folks on the ground working can get the upper hand, and prayers for those that are being impacted by the fires.

9. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

bump , i got a ton of friers out there I hope they are all going to be ok . Im preying for rain!

10. I know it is a little far but I have 11 acres east of Trinidad. but I'm limited on water ( I haul my water).
    719-680-0654
    Lee

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  11. talked to my brother today and he said there is a fire going now between leadville and climax. hope you guys get a good rain shortly

12. choptvan

choptvan

we are all hoping for that.

13. Moderator, CAN WE MAKE THIS STICKY for a while??

I can store a car or 2 (or anything that doesn't have a heartbeat for that matter) inside near Berthoud. I moved some stuff around to make room today. I have a flatbed and pickup too. I'll come get you and your stuff. Just say thanks and we're even.

PM or email me. My phone will tell me you emailed...

14. Terrence

Terrence

Choptvan can you give me a call 717-773-2300 I was able to get onto USAFA and get my 32 I wanted to see if I could bring it putting your place
    Thanks Terrence

15. Thoughts and Prayers are with you. To the top.

16. ken bogren

ken bogren

The evening news here in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota is talking about the smoke that is blowing in here now from these Colorado fires. Looking at the TV pictures it's hard to imagine what people are going through there. Best wishes for all in the fire area.

17. Cooder2

Cooder2
    from tejas

This is terrible, but not all that surprising. We were in Colorado last week for our annual cruise http://home.comcast.net/~bobcowan035/site/?/blog/&PHPSESSID=f88841ee4abfb4a1904709f87244bcca. There are an incredible number of dead pine trees killed by beetles (bugs, not the British invasion). Our route went near Fort Collins and we could see the smoke in the distance. The CS fire hadn't started yet. What a bad deal for people to lose their property, but people are more important than stuff. Be safe.

18. Cortney

Cortney

Hey Shannon! Great idea! I can get about 6-7 cars in my back yard! Im down by S. Academy And Hancock. Out of harms way for the most part but still close. Maybe some of you guys and gals can get your cars to my place in a pinch so you can have a little more time to clear out your house! Let Me Know!! 909-234-1941

19. choptvan

choptvan

I have terrence in route now. Again guys, I will do WHATEVER I CAN to help. Just say the word. Again the number is 719-358-6981. Lets keep it at the top please!?

20. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hope you all stay safe! And choptvan and others who are helping out I think that is awesome, you guys are great! Stay safe!

21. I heard also from some friends in the Springs that the fires along US24 near Manitou Springs were intentionally set. They've evac'd to Denver, with basically what they could load up in their two cars. Her Dad lives in the Denver area, so they should be good.

I hope that, if indeed they find that ANY of the fires were set on purpose, that the arsonist(s) suffers as much pain as he has inflicted.

It's great that you guys are opening up your properties to those that need your assisstance, great on ya!!! Karma is good with you.

22. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rodders helping rodders. BTT.

23. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

choptvan and everyone else making space to store peoples stuff,you guys are fucking AWESOME!!!I still have the Anglia I bought down there haven't had the time to go and get yet,so I'm a little worried but it's just a car there are people in way worse shape then me right now.

24. c57heaven

c57heaven

25. spiders web

spiders web

Would love to help but we are in a tinder box and holding our breath. Springs is alittle far but if there are HAMBers in the mountains that are threatened I'll try to help. I'm on the west side of the continental divide due west of the united republic of Boulder. Again praying for rain.

26. choptvan

choptvan

another shameless bump...

27. choptvan

choptvan

Where is it? Can I get to it OK? OR is it in an evac zone?

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

God Bless You, for that offer, I hope it starts to rain out there real soon. Bob

29. choptvan

choptvan

Thank you. And you and I BOTH hope for that. We all do. Supposed to have some rain in tomorrow. Problem is, it isn't going to bring much with it, and they predict a bunch of lightning. That sux

30. spiders web

spiders web