Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado springs residents that need a place for their cars/tents

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Jun 27, 2012.

1. B.Sharp

B.Sharp

Thoughts and prayers go out to all in the fires path. Be safe and get out while you can.

As for offering your space, that's what the rodder in us all is all about. Glad to see someone step up to the plate and offer assistance. I would hate to see someone loose a cool ride due to not having a safe place to take it.

BTT

2. hippy killer

hippy killer

3. choptvan

choptvan

and up again....

4. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone out there. Choptvan, you are a great person to offer up help like that.

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

man... bump to the top

6. metalman

metalman

Thoughts go out to you guys, thats a bad one. Just got off the phone with my brother in Canon City, said he went thru the Spring Monday and it was bad and now it's worst! 100+ temps and wind makes it hard to fight. He said they already have folks evacuated pulling into his RV park to stay, got to feel for them.

7. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

8. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Over 30,000 residents have had to evacuate their homes, its a mess.

9. squirrel

squirrel

hang in there guys....we went thru this last year....but not anywhere near as bad.

A place to stay is a real big help when you're evacuated

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

11. choptvan

choptvan

and up again...

12. HouldenCaulfield

HouldenCaulfield
    from Tulsa, OK

13. what great thing pulling together helping out your neighbors. i lost my home back in the 80's to a fire and it really is hard to get over losing everything.

14. Terrence

Terrence

My house and 32 pickup are just behind the stadium. I got the family and important docs out last night I will just have to wait and see what happens I guess. If anyone needs any help packing and getting out give me a shout. I consider myself to be lucky compared to a lot of the people affected. My wife is out at the Academy now and said the hill on the southwest side of the Academy is burning.

15. Abomb

Abomb

From the Rockies to the Missouri river is a tender box right now. We had 3 wildfires around our town last night and early morning, fire fighters from 3 or 4 counties managed to beat it, but not before over 7,000 acres burned, and some stucture losses. 6 volunteer fire fighters went to the hospital. For those of you who pray, please pray for rain on the mountains and plains of the central US.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  16. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

I got to thinking that some of you may have horsepower of the equine variety. There is space at my place for large animals (horses, llamas, etc) if you need it.

Norm 719 250 9668

17. choptvan

choptvan

We are at over 15,500 acres burned now. They still can't get in to count the number of homes lost...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  18. Choptophudson

Choptophudson

19. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

20. choptvan

choptvan

and another bump

21. Champscotty58

Champscotty58

23. You guys are great.
    I lived just east of the springs/peyton line for several years. Sad to see this, thank God for those willing to help and I will keep you guys in my prayers.

Back up for ya.

24. kooldaddy-o

kooldaddy-o

Bumping this back up as I grew up there and my family still has rental homes there. I left in 1981 for California. My town, Fallbrook Cal. suffered similar a few years ago where 40,000 people were evacuated for over a week, many lost cars etc. I was lucky but still feel I understand what they are going through.
    Wish there was something I could do from here. Have a life long fiend who lives there and owns a transmission shop called Trans Tech transmissions, looks like fire is heading right to his shop. Wont call him as I am sure he has more to do right now then listen to me worry about him and the area.
    Just a bump and hope this gets better ASAP !!!!!!

25. kooldaddy-o

kooldaddy-o

And not to be a pessimist about this but next spring is going to be a real problem for them as well with mud slides etc due to no ground cover and snow melt.
    Ask me how I know !!
    God this sucks !!

26. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

thats my fav city in CO. hope everyone gets out ok....

27. Shannon Waltz, Thank you for caring about the people of Colorado. I look forward to being at your shops open house .

Steve (Salmiya, Kuwait)(Khandahar, AFG)

28. Awesome choptvan.... I have a friend that they are under voluntary evac now but supposedly going to mandatory soon... he wasn't sure what to do with his stuff, but finally just figured he would leave it and hope for the best. I will pass along your phone number in case he changes his mind and wants to move some stuff over.... thanks

29. I was in Parker and went to Salida Colorado recently and said to my girl how all the old growth trees amazed me, in California where i live most of the old growth trees are less than 25 years old. I am pretty used to seeing the grapevine burning yearly from Bakersfield. Hope they can get it under control soon and ya'll return to your homes intact as you left them.