Register now to get rid of these ads!

1957 Pontiac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am going to try to put up larger shots of my 57 Pontiac. Hopefully this will work.

Attached Files:

2. Kerry67

Kerry67

Well, now if you click on the pic you get a larger image. Now that you can see it better, what is your opinion of it and what would you do to it ? I appreciate everyones input. Thanks !

3. hotrodinstraycat

hotrodinstraycat

Scrap it and buy a Cadillac...ooh bet thats ruffled a few feathers, just kidding ;-) looks like she's got loads of potential...drop me your email address and I'll forward some pictures of the coolest 57 Pontiac I've ever set eyes on! All the best...Hotrodinstraycat

4. THIS is the coolest 1957 Pontiac ever......

Attached Files:

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

Can barely tell it is a Pontiac

6. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

Neat old car, I like it just as it is, being as it's not a HT, I think it would look at its best with just the minimum of exteriour changes, maybe a little body work and a fresh coat of paint, drop the front a couple of inches, black painted rims with a set of baby moons.....then drop in a big 'ol honking 455 Poncho and Turbo 400, and you won't be able to wipe the grin off yer kisser ;)

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

That's what makes it the coolest.

8. sir

sir

9. ponchoman

ponchoman

Kerry,
    For my 2 cents, slam it, shave the door handles, Maybe some lake pipes, and whatever kind of wheels are your favorite, as long as they ain't billet. Don't think I'd mess with a 455 in a more door, and anyhow, the ol' 347 is a good motor. Just got my '55 rollin' again this weekend, and it's a stock 287, 4 barrel motor, that's carried me over 50 thousand miles in the last 8 or 9 years, with nary a prob! Enjoy your old Poncho!! :D
    Don

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I agree, blech. Ignore that full-on custom BS. Fifties cars are practically perfect from the factory. I say I would spend some time getting the engine rebuilt and dead-nuts reliable, perhaps adapt a modern 4-speed in place of the Jetaway Hydro, and consider a disc brake conversion for the front. Add some Diamondback whitewall radials, tighten up the suspension and you've got a road car par exellance with killer styling that every yokel that walked into a dealership wishes they'd gotten with their PT Cruiser or Mustang GT. The muscle car guys have a word for this, it's called "resto mod" or "restification."

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I agree with Bigcheese, make it reliable. Pontiac's are one of the most recognized cars ever. DirtyT told me once, when I thought of chopping up my 55, he said, Why screw with perfection? Detroit KNEW what they were doing with that car, don't go fuggen it up. He's right.

xxx