Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urban legend # 1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotweel, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

As teenagers,my buddies and I hung out at Ray Farhner's Custom shop in Kansas City. We'd sweep the floor, go get him coffee and he'd allow us to use his pearl and candies to spray our model cars.

So one day one of us said, "Hey Ray, a kid at school told us that there was a Corvette that you can buy for only a hundred bucks. The catch is that there was a decomposed corpse in it for a long time". Of course we believed it.

So Ray tells us naive little punks, "Boys, I've been hearing that same story for years. The only thing that changes is the kind of car; it's always a 50 Merc or a '53 Ford, or a '55 Chevy, a '59 Impala, now a new Stingray. It's always whatever the latest, most desirable car is".

We learned a lot from that old guy (who was almost as old as our dads, but way cooler).

2. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

this subject was just as uninteresting as the first 10 times it was posted

4. chopped

chopped

Saw her at Big Boys on Telegraph.

5. Hotweel

Hotweel

Re. 49ratfink, I'm sure all of your 11,422 posts were just fascinating!

6. don v.

don v.

eccchhhh, probably had a yeast infection if all she did was ride around the fricken world in a hot sweaty Corvette,

7. She is no longer racing, but now working for Homeland Security..................

Attached Files:

8. jaymann

jaymann

I actually met her!
    Back in the 80's in my muscle car days, a chick in an '81 Corvette pulled into the local hangout and had a license plate frame that said "if you can beat me, you can eat me"
    Me and some buddies went to check her and her car out. she popped the hood and went on about having a 355 small block with a cam! wow. Looked like a bone stock Barbie Corvette to me.
    I never saw her race, and I never heard anyone brag about eating her.

9. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Beat her last night. Beat her like she owed me money.
    Too bad I had to get home before the ice cream melted.
    Tucson in the summer and all, doncha know.

10. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I finally got to eat her she never raced again :)

11. 19vegas56

19vegas56

I heard exactly the same story in the early/mid 70's where she supposedly cruised Main st. in the Islips on LI.
    The twist was that when she got beat she disappeared for a while & was next seen w/out the bumper sticker.

12. abodyjoe

abodyjoe

Heard that story about the chick in the Bette being around jersey. I guess it's just an urban legend across the states.

13. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

1961 - SE Penna; she prowled up and down US 611 in the Willow Grove area.

......................never could find her.........:confused::confused::confused:

14. prpmmp

prpmmp

Heard the story in 1973 in Philadelphia Pa.,But did see an interesting bumper sticker on a bimmer with a blond at the wheel,YES I,M A BITCH,JUST NOT YOUR BITCH!! Put a smile on my face even though she stuck her nose up at me!! Pete

15. In the early 70's on Rt 1 goin' south of Alexandria, VA it wuz a brunette chick in a bad-ass blue Pantera.

These days I'm hearin' 'bout another hottie on I95 in one'a them late model Caddie SUV's....

[​IMG]

16. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She was on Lake Street in Minneapolis in the late '60's. By that time she had graduated to a Hemi Charger, the way I heard it.

Also, during this time period, there was a rumor that if you saw a girl walking along Lake Street wearing black socks (or no socks; I've heard it both ways), it meant that she was looking for ..... (what all of us guys were looking for back in those days). :D

17. Gromit

Gromit

so if SHe wins, does she have to.... ?

18. aaggie

aaggie

Probably still out there and looks like a cross between Hillary Clinton, Phyllis Diller and Joan Rivers and she drives real slow. Traded the Vette for a Cougar?

19. Dammit Doug, we all just KNEW she was still running around somewhere. Thanks for the balloon pop... ;)

20. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

It was my neighbor...she bought a '66 vette new at 18. I wonder if her husband is the guy that finally beat her?

21. When I first heard it, about 30 years ago, she was driving a 427 Cobra roadster, and she had a picture of a cherry painted on the fender and underneath it said " if you can beat it, you can break it"

22. ironpile

ironpile

I think someone with a great imagination put this one out there.Seems to me that the perp might lose on purpose,after all don`t they enjoy it more than a man!!!!

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

She was just a whore in a slow car, ha ha

24. I heard the stories about the Corvette chick too,when I cruised Whittier Blvd in the 70's.
    The TRUE story I remember was "Sally $10" who drove a black Trans Am,who would slarve your dode for $10. She and her car were on the cover of Car Craft in '78. Still have the magazine....and wallet short $10,hahaha....

25. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

"slarve your dode"??!?!?

hahahahahahhahah

26. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

There was a chick with a black Monaro and she got engaged to a buddy of mine. It did not last, the relationship that is. She was from Springvale and yes it was a tough car.

27. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

Back in the 80's There was a young good looking girl who drove a dark brown 930 slant nose Porsche in the South Hills of Pittsburgh..... license plate read "JalBait"

NO myth .... actually saw the car myself.

Heard her father was a State Cop???? That could be the myth part.

28. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

I can tell you I did see a very hot girl in some sort of nameless car that had a bumpoer sticker that said "You can't be first....but you could be next".

I'll take that any day over the corvette chick.

29. spiders web

spiders web

I'd do her!!!!!!!!

30. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I remember one Saturday night in the mid 70's, when my buddy chased a blonde in an MGB all over town. John could never pull up beside for a lap or two of the cruise circuit. Captivated by her long, flowing blonde tresses, he was hell bent to see her face and hopefully make a move. We finally managed to pull up along side her. When we did, I burst out laughing, because it was a dude with long hair and a matching beard. We had to give him shit over that for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.