Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 63 falcon 4 door .. door-window crome trim

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scanddinc, May 9, 2012.

1. scanddinc

scanddinc
    from florida

Hi all, I am working on a 1963 4door falcon and need to find out some information on a few parts. I had to replace my drivers side door and the door has crome pices around the window. I have serched hi and low on the internet but have not found any info on them.
    I dont know what option thay may have been or on that models they where stock.
    I have seen 63's with it but again I don't know if this was stock or savaged from an diffrent year.

any help would be awsome
    thanks CKA

Attached Files:

• 186.jpg
      186.jpg
      File size:
      301.6 KB
      Views:
    • 088.jpg
      088.jpg
      File size:
      277.1 KB
      Views:
    • 089.jpg
      089.jpg
      File size:
      280.3 KB
      Views:
  2. The chrome pieces are hard to find. I'm not sure what kind of door panels you have, the plainer kind didn't have much chrome. I'd say a 4 door probably just had the pot metal chrome that goes around the dash and continues around the door and surrounds the window. Your best bet would be a Ford swap meet. If you can give me a picture of what the chrome on the other side looks like, I will look for it at the Falcon show coming to Louisville in a couple of weeks. I am parting out a four door and have great body panels and doors all the way around. The dash is perfect. Let me know. The only body part I've sold is the hood.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I think your refering to the ones on the outside that go around the window frames. They were used on all the high trimline cars in '61, '62, '63, Futuras and such. Four door stuff is only going to fit four doors.

4. scanddinc

scanddinc
    from florida

Yes it is the chrome on the outside of the window that I'm looking for. The door I bought had the chrome on it but it was off a station wagon and the guy had sold the passenger side door already and the back doors are different. I would like to find it for the other 3 doors. But it look like I my just have to take the chrome off the one door.

You can see the chrome in this picture. Thank for the help it is appreciated.

Attached Files:

5. fca2572

fca2572
    from Texas

These trim pieces are the same for 60-65 Falcons and Comets with some of the deluxe trim options. PM me I may have it all on parts cars out back