Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest JustplainJ! Stand up guy!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jun 24, 2012.

1. I finally got my hands on a 39 3speed,and with no experience with changing one out, I asked Jim if he could help me out. Drove out to his shop, dropped off my 38 Pick-up, then headed to his Ranch. He put me up for the night and we got to it first thing sunday morning. We worked on it all day,being that it's still a closed drive set-up. What a chore.
    Anyways...HUGE thanks to JustplainJ,and the truck drives FANTASTIC!!!!!!

2. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

glad to hear bob! i know this has been on the to do list for some time!

3. I didn't take any pic's cause we were trying to get it done in one day. It went without a glitch. Had to change out the rear bearing cause it had some rust in it and was crunchy sytle. Other than that....smooth sailin!

4. Builds a damn fine looking coupe as well!

5. Shop? Ranch?.....hehehe. So how was putting in the trans with a bum finger.

6. I smacked the shit out of it, more than once! But, I was wrenchin....not just letting Jim do all the work.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Jim RULES.

8. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

No pics? I don't believe any of it...

9. Muttley

Muttley

This is the first time in recorded history that Bad Bob failed to record history.

10. Well....at this point, I can only take "AFTER" pic's. I took my camera with me and everything. Just tried to stay on task...

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...you thank him now, but wait'll you get his bill! :eek:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Helped you change a trans in a torque-tube setup? A true friend. Sure is a good lookin' truck, Bob. Even better, now that it's runnin' smooth again.

13. So far....Subway sandwich,Taco Bell, played Shop Bitch for a day.
    You really can't put a price on a friendship like his. Now....him on the other hand, might have a number in mind,hahaha....

14. I know Mercs, but when it comes to this, i'm humble enough to get someone who knows what they are doing to show me the ropes. I would have spent a week trying to figure it out. Pretty sure I could handle it on my own now.
    Next thing on the list....3.54 gears.

15. sololobo

sololobo

Great stuff B.B., the cool folks that help each other out is the lifeblood of our sport. I am so blessed to have my bros in the South Omaha Turds automotive brotherhood to keep my clunkers up and running. Take care of the damaged digit bro, rock on rodder! ~sololobo~

16. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I forgive the "No Pics" It's impossible to take pics with greasy hands and it's impolite when your supposed to be helping.

17. It would have been different if I was having him do it for me. I was pretty greasy anyways....

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hey, you should have told me. I would have gone to hold the camera. The pictures would have been priceless.

19. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

What trans was in it before?

20. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Well done, Jim.......

21. It was a 39 3speed,with a broken cluster gear.

22. Well....I don't know about "priceless",but they sure would have been nice to document it.

Oh ...did I forget to mention he lives in Palm Springs?

23. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Glad it went smooth Bob, after that crap with your finger you deserve it.
    60'

24. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Dang, I see him at all the local events, I thought he lived close by.

25. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

it's always cool to hang out with the HAMB rock star!!!
    glad I could help.... oh just so everyone knows Bob didn't let me down he ran out of gas on our test drive...LoL

26. hahaha! It's almost a tradition with me,running out of gas! Jim says, "you should be used to this". I told him,"nope,usually I call StudebakerDave to come help me". hahaha

27. studebakerdave

studebakerdave

ya I got a call from bob today he said did you just drive by me on lakeview? I said no I'm on the other side of town ( HE RAN OUT OF GAS AGAIN) I just don't know what to do with that kid. Get that gas gage fixed damnit. another time he was complaining about the size of MY gas can. I asked him so show me your gas can, he did'nt have one.

28. Then I wouldn't have any stories to tell.....

29. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

damn bob, at least i keep a dip stick in my merc to see how much gas i have!!!

30. It wasn't the Merc. It was the truck. Stick won"t work.....