Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects NEED ideas for building a wild kustom 56 ford hard top

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ltorch, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Ltorch

Ltorch

delete

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  2. thesupersized

thesupersized

some ideas

for the front:
    57 desoto grill
    56 meteor grill
    doubled studebaker pans

headlights:
    canted quad headlights of some sort
    peaked
    55 olds

for the back:
    studebaker pans, like the victorian,
    backwards edsel wagon taillights, seen it somewhere looked cool.. like this < >
    extended quarters with conti kit in the middle, packards or 60 chryslers pretty common though..

Attached Files:

3. 'Mo

'Mo

These cars are pretty well proportioned in stock form. The "A"brothers-built "Victorian" (pictured in the above post) would be hard to beat.

The Cushenbery-built "Marquis' is the only sectioned one that I can think of...
    lots of custom fabrication with a real '60's vibe.
    [​IMG]

4. 'Mo

'Mo

This one really knocks me out! It was posted on another board, and was known as "The Green Trash".:D

[​IMG]

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

That body style doesn't need a lot of changes to make it "radical"..

Instead of Packard, use '54/'55/'56 Cadillac and sink them so the top is level with the top of the fin...keep the back up light in them to confuse people, plenty of them around.

Extend the rear quarters for the Connie Kit...and extend the stainless trim as well, confound Ford experts. Yes, stainless can be welded and made to look correct.

I wouldn't chop it, the roof line is perfect the way it is...if you can find Crown Vic trim, use it as well.

French the headlights using '54 Ford rims (see Ed Banes' '56 Ford in Kustoms Illustrated...or use '57 Chevy doors or '56 Olds doors...

For the grille, keep it simple...use a tube type all the way across the opening and hide the park lites behind it.

Bumpers - use '55 Chevy on the front, or find some '56 Pontiac split bumpers and use them front and rear. Also, '58 Edsel used a split bumper on the front as well...perhaps use the Edsel rear.

R-

6. john walker

john walker

why don't you find a beater to fully customize? i hate to see a nice stocker go that way. they're pretty awesome the way they are.

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

8. It's an old sweden built custom! A friend of mine own it in the 70's i it was repainted a couple of times under a short time and also got name changed to red trash and golden trash and finally marlon trash. Might get some pics if u want?

9. Showrail

Showrail
    from Sweden

Still around but rebuilt to original now, really sad.

10. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Ltorch, You would be better off selling your car and buying an unrestored car and start from scratch. You could end up with your dream car and money in the pocket.

Ps, whats up with Australia? Did you have an unfriendly relationship with a kangroo?

11. Ltorch

Ltorch

I did sell that 56 ford hard top way to good to cut up its now in australia and I am searching for a new project maybe i will fine one from a junk yard and save it..And about australia it just sucks bec there are no car stuff ware iam at everything is real far to go see..and parts cars are priced like our driver cars ......