Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NHRA Junior Stock

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by colesy, Aug 12, 2007.

1. CDXXVII

CDXXVII
    from Vermont

Did anybody get the DVD he was selling on there?..I guess I missed out.

Even if there were dwindling posts it would be good to have access to the archives.

2. I did not purchase the DVD but I have almost all of the threads from Colesy's site including this (H.A.M.B) NHRA Junior Stock thread, right up to page 511. :)

I download everything that I find interesting. Altogether I have over 500,000 documents and files. 60,000 pics, not including those that I scanned from my own mags and books. In this way, I never lose anything. In summary I just copy everything. Sort it out later.

What I do with all of this info is separate the BS (myths, hype, innuendo, outrights lies, and misinformation, etc.,) into a factual and readable document of my own. Then, I archive them all for future reference. Thing is it's become a full-time job. That's ok though because I am retired. :cool:

Terry

3. 65deluxe

65deluxe

4. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

Hi Iam looking for info and pictures of my 1957 chevy sedan delivery.It was raced as a JrStocker in the south east by Jimmy Overstreet and was called the Iron Horse.I have been told it was Red,White and Blue any help well be nice Thank You Keith

5. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

6. NJ1956

NJ1956
    from Jersey

Does anyone know who's L34 68" Chevy II that is? It is a VERY rare car!!! Only 234 built!!!

7. biscaynes

biscaynes

?? which chevy II are you referring to?
    jenkins chevy II was run as a 396/375hp L78, was an original 327/325hp L79 car.

8. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

That was the first time I had ever seen the car run and had heard it was a brand new car that was just built. Again this is my memory, others may vary. Funny I can recall stuff that long ago but not what I did 10 minutes ago. Those were great times ! Its strange that a 12 second car was a rocket back then but is a joke today. We ran tires like Casler recaps or Atlas Bucrons which were state of the art then

9. wbulick76

wbulick76

Nothing like reviving an old thread with bad news. My Dad, Bob Bulick and a friend of his purchased the "Budget Breaker" '59 Chevy. It was repainted and raced under the name "Kablooie" for a short time. It then became a very impractical daily driver for a short time, and eventually ended up being crushed shortly thereafter. I'm planning on a trip to my Dads this summer and know he has pictures of it in Kablooie paint.

10. Grabber1

Grabber1

Super Chevy, Gateway

Attached Files:

11. Grabber1

Grabber1

Hot Rod Reunion, Bowling Green

Attached Files:

12. 270283

Was it ever prepared for competition as a L79 car or was it changed to a L78 right away? Thanks.

13. Joe Buono

Joe Buono

Does anyone out there remember a 1967z28 that raced at peterson dragway in 1967. It was called stockers shocker from stocker chevrolet in state college Pa. I own the car and I am trying to get information and pictures to reletter the car. Bob thomas was the driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you . e-mail me or phone 610-334-5190

14. biscaynes

biscaynes

was picked up right from chevrolet, only ran as an L78

15. 67 W-30

67 W-30
    from N.E. Ohio

CB3961 has to have some pix of the "Kablooie" car. Ive seen some but didnt download and save them. Maybe send him a PM.

16. ken brady

ken brady
    from south

raced old bridge & e'town in late '60s with my '50 olds. looking for pic's. also worked top end at e'town. [EMAIL [email protected] thanks

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

here were a few from bowling green that gave me the junior stock vibe

Attached Files:

18. kjcroker

kjcroker
    from Pittsburgh

Hi I am still looking for history and pictures of 57 delivery raced by Jimmy Overstreet in K&L Stock at Jackson Dragway in South Carolina any help would be great Thank You Keith

19. Wonder if I could get some assistance from you stocker gurus. Can anyone tell us more about Ms. Zelda Grunch? Obviously this is a clipping from an old racing paper and that's the extent of what I know about it.

[​IMG]

Story about Zelda here

It seems the car ran out of Reading Ford, which apparently ran a number of Ford Super Stockers at York and elsewhere. And there is also the name Luther Mickel (?) on the door.

There is an awesome amount of knowledge here in this forum and I am hoping someone can help me out. Any morsels of info will be appreciated. I just sort of fell in love with this item. Thanks in advance for your help!

20. rlsteel

rlsteel

bracket racing saved drag racing .It would be dead and gone by now If the little guy had lost the only race option he really had. RLS

21. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

There were several there. Some were even ex Junior Stockers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. hotrodtrucker

hotrodtrucker

All of you old Jr. stockers, do any of you remember my friend Forrest Shropshire. Forrest dragraced from around 1955 until h died suddenly of a heart attack in 2002. He ran strictly GM motors, cams, intakes etc. He had a white 56 Chevy and a gold with white stripes on the roof 56 Chevy station wagon and he ran the sedan and a 56 Corvette every year at Bonneville. He was good friends with and may have related to Linda Vaughn.
    When Forrest pased away he had five 57 150 Chevy two door sedans in prety good shape, over a hundred Duntov .097 cams, forty 56 Chevy 2-4 barrell intakes and carbs and a beautiful 56 Chevy cab over ramp truck .
    Oh, he raced the 56 station wagon under the name The little Milk Wagon he at different times raced the Litle Milk Wagon 1 and then 11 and then 111 and used yo run at the U.S. Nationals.

Garrell Patterson

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I love Bowling Green

24. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

I was lucky enough to befriend Forest, but only after his Jr Stocker days. I met him in the 80's and visited his dairy farm and his 'barns' filled with cars and parts. He was a good one!

25. Thanks... At about 2:37 , you'll see the Barkley /Ripes 57 Junior Stocker, so you're safe here!

Love the 68 Pontiac tow car. huh, Jerry?

26. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Sounds like Forrest was sitting on a bit of a goldmine when he passed. What became of it all?
    Here's a couple Richard McFalls photos of the Little Milk Wagon II. I don't see Forrest's name on this one.
    milk wgn 2.jpg
    mlk wgn2.jpg

27. Tom 57 150

Tom 57 150

I remember he had a fast black and white 57 chevy 150, maybe "The fastest stock 57 Chevy" lettered on the side.

28. partsrivet

partsrivet

Hello again, I have a few views to post for you're entertainment along with some questions. This first one is of the Griffith Bros. 55 wagon at La Place, LA in May of 1967. Got a couple of pictures of them that day as this seemed typical of the Div 1 cars like Alex Jarrell's Farm Wagon that I followed. Anyone recall these guys? The car is named "Rarity". [​IMG]

29. partsrivet

partsrivet

I've already posted this one over on Drag cars in Motion, but thought there might be some here that don't follow that thread. Anyway, that's Jim Hayter in a 57 wagon trying to run down a 55 car. Does anyone remember the 55? Seems like there was a guy up in the San Fernando valley that had a car like this which when I saw it, reminded me of Bill Spanakos' Monster Mash. I or J/stock do you suppose?[​IMG]

30. partsrivet

partsrivet

Junior Stock was telling me about a picture of Bobby Langley's AA/FD I posted at the opening of Willow Run Raceway in Oklahoma City in August of 1966. Here's another picture from that meet. The place is still raw with that famous red Oklahoma dirt. The SS/A is Joe Smith in Fenner Tubbs car, and behind him is Mike Schmitt, stopping over on his way to Indy. I believe that's Mike beside the car. The yellow car is Parham, Payne and McDaniels F/SA blown 57 Ford. This one stood out in the sea of Chevy's of the day. Quite a lineup. [​IMG]