Register now to get rid of these ads!

Oregon & NW blown gassers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WillysRule, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

MARK ; Got some transfered , works pretty good! Chris

2. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Mark Sent some vidios today, they are guts, feathers, and all,let me know how it turns out . We still have abunch more. Chris

3. MJB76

MJB76

Chuck jr's still around. I remember his dad's shop on Grand ave. with the 76" charger on display. If anyone is intouch with him say hi for me, john wallace.
    Chuck, Andy Wickenhieser and a few others we used to have some fun back then.
    Thanks for the memories.

4. lvlynyrd

lvlynyrd
    from Las Vegas

I remember the Nooner over Doner line. Good times back then. I was running H/Gas and later pro brackets at PIR and Woodburn, with an occasional trip to Kent for the Fallnats back in the 70's, with my '56 chev, "Renegade". Saw Garlits run the first ever 5 run at PIR. Track was so sticky, when we walked over the starting line on the way out, it pulled the sneakers right off our feet, had to lace them up tight. Had to carry the girls out, they were wearing flipflops. Good times, SO long ago.

5. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Bumping this one again. Still looking for photos of all the cars mentioned at the beginning of this thread. They ran in the 68-73 time frame. I have tried every kind of Google search imagineable, and nothing comes up but the same old few photos already in this thread. I'm hoping to find a photographer that shot this stuff, and buy some nice professional photos. I have tried many leads, including the ones suggested in this thread, and every one has panned out with next to nothing.

It's so frustrating, because I know this stuff is out there. I know a couple of photographers have what I want, but they just won't look for it. I've even offered to pay some of these guys for their time (just to look), but they just aren't motivated. I guess there must be good money in being a photographer, because none of them seem to need it.:cool:

I do want to send a big thanks to Chris Lytle and his son Sam. They came through with some stuff on their Blown Hell car, and it was much appreciated.

Mark

6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Great shot of Chuck racing Larry Kalsch in the T-bird. Larry ran an injected Hi-Riser and a Cammer in it.The Bird was destroyed at SIR in 1973.

7. palookaman

palookaman
    from lamar CO

I just caught this thread..The photo of the Green and Gold striped version of Bryson-Gibson car was done at Show Cars Unlimited in Eugene OR about 1969 or so. Mel Bryson and his cousin? ran it as Bryson and Bryson also. Paint was by Jim Carmichle and my brother and I did more custom bodywork to it and aligned body parts, etc. for a better fit..We had some drag race 8mm film of the car converted to vhs from the amazon raceway drag strip at Eugene yrs ago, but don't know if it is still around. I'll check if your interested.

8. Yes, unfortunately the Willy's had a very high speed crash, and Terry is probably lucky to be alive. Terry's retired these days and I haven't seen him for awhile. What good people, he and his family are.

9. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Yes! Very much so. PM sent.

10. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

What a great thread! I remeber watching many of these cars run Woodburn and PIR back in the 60's. I also remember when we raced at what became PIR before it was there! Used to be some old concrete strips out there when we were in hi school and we raced there every Tue. night until the cops showed up and ran us off.
    We always figured PIR started because they needed a real dragstrip so we'd stop using the area illegally. :)

11. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Here's a couple low res pics I managed to scan from an older "Gasser Wars Magazine". I'd still like to find some nice high quality pics of this car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Metal Mangler

Metal Mangler
    from Washington

My Father (Randy Waggoner) has a number of pictures taken from the SIR and bremerton? tracks from that time period maybe a little before. They ran a anglia and he ran a 32 fordwith a 409. If your interested i can post the pictures up that he has.

Matt

13. ok guys the photographers you really want to contact are, Rich Carlson Everett Wa, 425-259-4222. Rich has been around since Christ was a pup, taken millions of photographs, and has lots of stories.
    Jefferson Dykes of Kent Wa, 206-630-3420. Track Photographer for Seattle International Raceways many years.

14. ok guys the photographers you really want to contact are, Rich Carlson Everett Wa, 425-259-4222. Rich has been around since Christ was a pup, taken millions of photographs, and has lots of stories. e mail Rich , [email protected]
    Jefferson Dykes of Kent Wa, 206-630-3420. Track Photographer for Seattle International Raceways many years.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  15. I dont have a scanner right now but Ive got pics of that car from a 1968-69 autorama in Eugene Oregon,it was multishades of green......

16. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Thanks for the info, but I've tried both of those guys. Dykes said he didn't have anything from the time frame I was looking for. If I remember right, he didn't start shooting until a little later. Rich Carlson on the other hand, is impossible to deal with. I contacted him years ago, and he flat out lied about sending me some pics. I eventually gave up and quit asking. I contacted him again by e-mail about a year ago, and he never responded. Most of these guys just don't want to be bothered. They like to brag about shooting this or shooting that, but God forbid you actually want to buy a picture. Most never catalogued or organized their stuff, and you'd think you were asking them go handle nuclear waste for them to look for something. Like I mentioned before, I've offered to pay them for their time to look, but still no luck. Must be pretty good money in photography:cool:.

17. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I am looking for anything or contact for Jeff Wright that ran the Fatboys Folly Austin I have now.

18. melbryson

melbryson
    from Vida

Pics where taken a Balboa in Eugene, OR late 1968. Was the first race as a A/GS after runningi initially as the Ziegler Bryson & Bryson A/G. This was the first and only time the car ran with a 426 Chrysler wedge motor from Bob Gibson's AA/A Fiat. A late model blown 426 Chrysler Hemi was installed for the next year.

19. Grumbler

Grumbler

20. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Yes, most of those same pics are in this thread. I'm still looking for some really nice professional photos of all these cars. The couple of guys that actually have this stuff might as well be dead, becuase they refuse to help. Another guy even contacted me claiming to have photos of these cars. Here it is nearly 3 years later, and not one photo. He won't even return e-mails. So why contact someone to say you have what they're looking for, and then clam up and go away. If you wanted to keep it to yourself, just keep your mouth shut.

21. don miller

don miller

You might try to google John Dutton Photography in Cranbrook BC-he took a load of pictures back in the 60's and 70's

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I have a BB Mopar Milodon dual pick-up oil pump end-plate for the swinging pick-up deal that I got from Terry years ago, before he crashed the willys. Hell of a nice guy.

23. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Thanks! I'll give him a try.