Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone around lafeyette in. know this 55 chevy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50mercfan, Jun 23, 2012.

1. guy in lafeyette in. is supposed to have this car for sale. sounds awful scamy. anyone know martin moore or this car? thanks

Attached Files:

2. lolife

lolife

Have him send you a picture of the title and the VIN tag.

3. thats a good idea

4. nutajunka

nutajunka

That car was on the bay about a month ago. I watched it for awhile and could'nt talk the wife into it. I thought it sold for a buy it now.

5. it did. the guy couldnt get a loan. heres what happend. sent him several emails saying i would take the car. never heard back. well, today i checked my spam box and, damn it, he did answer. on may 29th. i just sent him a reply. the reason im asking is because his response sounded just a hair fishy not obviuosly a scam but just enough.

6. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

7. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Ditto.

8. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

maybe he's just as leery of you.see if you can get a ph.#talking usually gives off different insight. good luck

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I live in the area. Never heard of the guy and have never seen the car. Send me some info and I would be happy to look at it for you...

PS: Ironically, this is my car. I think I would have heard of the guy, but you never know what is tucked away I guess...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  10. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I would take redlinetoys offer and see whats what........

11. thanks bob, the story is, it was his dads car for many years until recently it had a strait axle under the front. they recently changed it back to stock. thats seems to be true looking at the pics. it may have been put away for a long time. had it listed for a $7500 buy it now. thats why id like to see if he still had it. it's my fault, i didnt know to look at my spam emails. its close enough id like to look at it if he still has it. thanks for the help everyone.

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Good luck. Sounds like some cool history Let us know either way!

13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

I think I might know that car - ran into im and the car at a gas station a couple years ago. He keeps it in a "U stor it" places and pulls it out once a year in the summer. Sure looks like the same car - real sweet too.