Register now to get rid of these ads!

Way of car topic: Today I graduate from RN school!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60widewhitez, Jun 23, 2012.

1. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

It has been a struggle with two kids and three jobs but today I graduate from RN school. I have a job possibly lined up in cardiac ICU!! I am most excited that I will soon have an old car budget so I can add to my collection and buy cool stuff like neon beer signs, accessories, a juke box, gas pump, and the 57 turnpike cruiser in my avatar!!!

2. Good for you my Wife has been an RN for 17 years. Glad you hung in there see ya on the road!

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Good for you. I'm an RN in an iCU for 22 years now. It's a good way to fund an old car habit!

Brian

4. Rodders

Rodders

congrats. Thats a big step in life.

5. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Congrats. My favorite wife has been a nurse for a long time, currently a professor of nursing. This is a big step forward, huge accomplishment, and great opportunity for you. Don't forget to smile at the patients.

6. 41 C28

41 C28

Congratulation on your hard work. You may be taking care of me someday.

7. yruhot

yruhot

Way to go and congrats. you did it. YRUHOT............Doug

8. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

congratulations , my sister is a nurse. im building a 64 linc for her , she also loves old cars and hasn 3 boys. hope you love your new job . ray

9. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats, now hurry and empty my bed pan. Ha ha

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Congrats! The nurses must be doing good here. I've seen some driving new Vettes like it was nothing. A very noble profession indeed. Have fun and smile!

11. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

congrats man thats a big deal, i know cause my wife just graduated nursing school tuesday

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

13. Rattle Trap

Rattle Trap

IMHO the medical field is where it's at. Im an old truck driver. I told my 3 kids to get into the medical field a few years ago. Two of them are Pharmacy techs and the third one is a Nurses assistant. And all three are still going to school to further their careers. They are still in their early twenties.

RNs around here are making good money and are always needed. Good move!

14. slammed

slammed

Some dweeb rated this one star. Must be a Mouth breathing burger flipper. Good for you making a professional career for yourself.

15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

congrats. where did you go to school?

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

Code brown! haha

Cool man, I just got back from my chicks RN graduation yesterday so I know how tough of a program it is! Congratulations/

17. That's awesome, my wife got associates a few years back, but here in North Texas, all the Hospitals are eoither Magnat or are trying to become Magnat Hospitals (I have no idea what the really means), so she graduates with here BSN in July. can't wait.

18. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

that's awesome! congrats! i work in Radiology. i laughed out loud with the code brown comment..haha

19. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Me too about the code brown. I start my BSN in October. I also work at a magnet hospital.. This is the way to do it. Get your RN and let the hospital pay for your BSN. I work in the ER now so I am used to the blood and guts. I am also paramedic so I know enough to be dangerous.. Thanks guys for the support.

20. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

For the guy from Indy I graduated from The Christ college of Nursing and Health Sciences,

21. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I passed my boards today and I am officially an RN!

22. Congratulations, now go get that good paying job and start your RN career! My wife is an RN, she went to Raymond Walters college in Cincinnati. First RN job was a Med-Surg nurse in Cinti area at a hospital near there. We have moved several times since then to different cities and states, but that is where it all started back in 1992 (I think?, may be off a year +/-).

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Congrats...and don't stop now...keep on keepin' on...

R-

24. Congradulations also,a very noble profession.My daughter is an RN,4yrs and son a doctor for 12.

25. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

good for Bud----Let this be the FIRST step in a great career BILL

26. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

Congratulations! Nurses are the people that make a hospital stay as good as it can be. We need good nurses. They are the patients best friends.

27. Hey, great Hospital I had an unexpected visit there due to what I thought was a heart attack while on a business trip last year. Congratulations on your accomplishment, sounds like you have made some sacrifices, worked hard, and can now reap the benefits. You have set a great example for your children and those around you!

28. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Best of luck! I graduated as a Respiratory Therapist nearly 30 years ago. Did 2 years in a hospital setting and couldn't take the shift work.

29. congrats. not an easy thing to do.

30. Hot Rod Apprentice

Hot Rod Apprentice

Congrats and good luck

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad