Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's attending the KKOA Leadsled Spectacular in Salina, Kansas (July 27, 28 & 29)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RattyChick99, Jun 22, 2012.

1. So.. i'm pretty darn excited about this car show this year! There are soooo many cool car celebs there (just to name a few i've met: VooDoo Larry, Gene Winfield, Linda Vaughn and a few others.. i'm sure!) Just wondernig WHO ALL is goin to attend--hope to meet some fellow H.A.M.B'ers out there as well!
    If you can make it out that way, please do! This car show is ALOT OF FUN!!!
    Hope to see you guys and gals there!!!:)

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yup, we'll be there. God willing so will the 46 haha

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I hope it's a little cooler this year. The drags were nice but the next day was a scorcher! Great deal though. Lots of great cars. Lippy

4. Made it last year, but this year, other things are happening that I am pretty much stuck with. Looking forward to '13.

5. sololobo

sololobo

It may be easier to ask who isn't going, this is the coolest, hotter than hell show in the Midwest. Come one, come all, free pie at Poverty Flats tent!! ~sololobo~

6. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I'll be there for sure. I will be shooting hot rods, kustoms, and models. If anyone wants some shots of their car or if you are a model message me. Hope to have my 34 Pickup there this year.

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me there are two "have to attend" events in the MidWest. The Lone Star Round up
    and Kustom Kemps of America's Spectacular in Salina. We will all be there this year the
    plan is too drive up early Thursday morning. I can't wait to get up there....

8. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

Be there with bells on. Will leave very early in the morning as not to get broiled on the way.

9. tjmercury

tjmercury

I've gotta go! or else the So. Omaha Turds will hunt me down:eek::eek::eek:

10. I will be there for sure. One of the best shows anywhere. Left & right coast boys don't have anything like this one.

11. wizzard23

wizzard23

Hav'nt missed one in Salina yet, was also at the first one in Wichita. It's like a big family reunion, only better!

12. 5fiver

5fiver

Salina and the Stay Kat 500 are my two favorite shows. Will be looking for the cookies for sale at the Poverty Flats tent. Showed up too late in Dewey.

13. Buford

Buford

I really want to be there if it isn't going to be a cooker like last year. I can't tolerate the high heat due to a medical condition. It's a super show at a great location, but I wish they'd change the date...that area in late July can be an oven. It has been 100 degrees plus this week. We'll see. Buford

14. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Will be there again this year with at least two other friends bringing their cars. Love the hand drop drags on Friday night. Doesn't matter if you win, lose or draw, just smoke em and get back in line again. Both George Barris and Gene Winfield have been down the track in my 40 the last couple of years and they have fun and really enjoy the crowds that show up for the drags and car show. Great location in the new park with cruising and lots of spectators. Doesn't get any more fun than this. Be there................

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I will be there. I love that old strip, my father took me there in the 70's to watch sunday afternoon racing. I hope all the PRO cars that come can keep them under control, with no safety tech or inspection if someone gets hurt, they will close that thing down in a hearbeat. It is all for fun ya know, if you want bragging rights, take it to a real drag strip.

16. I've been known to show up there >>>>.

17. Somebody needs to!!! :eek:

29, Westward Hoooooooo!

18. sololobo

sololobo

T.J./Timmer, be there or we will be at your ranch leaving you alone with the darling children and the lovely Kelli will be going down the road with us!! You have been warned! for the S.O.T.'s~sololobo~

19. Get em "sololobo"

Ranch???? last time I saw a place like that it was on one of those "My Redneck" such and such TV shows:eek::eek::D

Your turn Tim.

20. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I'll be driving up Saturday with the '31 coupe.

21. Harvey29

Harvey29
    from kansas

I'll be there don't know if my falcon will be KKOA kool or not though:confused:

22. tjmercury

tjmercury

Wow! I've never felt so "loved"! As for the kidnapping of my family by the Turds, I bet they would like that!
    As for the "Ranch", Thats why we call it the "Redneck Ranch", "The place where big kids go to have fun!!!!!":D:D:D

23. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

Hey Hey TJ
    The Nelson family will be there you and yours can hang with us.:D

24. tjmercury

tjmercury

Thanks Eric! at least somebody will let me hang out!

25. Butch M

Butch M

can't wait be there fri and sat

26. mongo51

mongo51

Im sure ill be there its my home town.lol just kidding im already entered and have vac.

27. ill be there with my 55 f-100 for the first time

28. sixpack_2_go

sixpack_2_go

I just went to the kkoa show in eureka springs, ar and loved it. I will be at salina for sure. It was hell finding a hotel room on short notice but I got one! I will be trailer my turdbucket 54 up there since its a long way from being drivable. If any fellow hambers see me up there feel free to come up and say hey

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  29. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

My mind is already there. I cant wait till my body catches up !