Register now to get rid of these ads!

whats the best thing you got for free

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cayager, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Jim Stabe

Jim Stabe

I helped a friend pull several large machine tools out of a basement shop and up a very steep slope along side of the house. I bought the mill, got the bandsaw thrown in for free.

Mill 002.jpg

Band Saw 004.jpg

2. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

My wife... ;)

Wait a minute.. maybe not..

3. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

I was just thinkin the same (not wife but girlfriend) but then i realised that nothing is for free ;)

4. Nice Model A frame, with front axle, hood, and some other pieces;

Model A front axle with '40 brakes and '40 rear on an A spring;

Put that stuff together with an A cab and bed I had about $700 into between two donor cars/trucks and sold the works for $3500.

Of course, now I need another frame, but... couldn't turn down that kind of deal.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Had my first good laugh of the day.... Thanks Beaner.. :D:D:D

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I got a nice BMW R 75/5 (or is it 6). black, clip on bars, Dunstall fairing and hard BMW saddlebags.

my buddy bought it from our good friends Mom after he passed in 93, he rode it for a year or so then put it storage, then he put it in storage at my shop, then he gave it to me so his wife wouldn't get it in the divorce. then he never got divorced.

the same guy comes by in a Ford Ranger he just bought, then asks me "where can I throw away this camper?" nice fiberglass shell nothing wrong with it. told him he could throw it away right here.

he's one of those people who would rather throw something away than try to sell it.

7. Oh soooooooo many years ago I started building my Ranchero. My buddy calls me up and says he has something I need for it but won't tell me what it is. It was a factory 3-2 set up for a small block Ford!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. My 1931 Dodge coupe from my dad when I was 15....still got it.

Attached Files:

9. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Wow, that's really inspirational! I'm fighting cancer, again and I'm trying to get my dad's F100 up and running again. Been bummed out all this week, but your post has given me hope.

I really like how the car turned out, it's beautiful!

Thanks,
    BDL

10. springer99

springer99

Complete 351w engine !!!

11. LZ

LZ

My Brother taking me to Niagara Dragway and My Dad taking me for rides in his Model A Doodlebug. Life is beautiful:)
    Luke