Register now to get rid of these ads!

I got scammed caution. andyw383

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VANDENPLAS, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Hi all I messed up and got scammed I put a want add in the wanted section for a set of matched carbs for my chevy 261 build

So I get an email from andyw383 saying he has 12 rochester 1 barrel carbs all clean and with tags he will sell for 300 us dollar shipped, reason for the low price is he needs cash.

Ok sounds like a good deal i ask him for his info and he gives it to me as

Andrew Wilton
    3 beech close
    London sw15
    4hw uk

Andywilton@ gmail.com

Says he needs western union as it's closer to him to ship the stuff out
    I send out the money and then he asks that I send an extra $85 us dollars to the shipper in Nigeria !!!!!!

Well I tell him no and to send my cash back he tells me his wife is dying of cancer yadda yadd same fucking Nigerian scam you always hear about

Now he won't return my emails,
    Western union said they will look into it but he most likey used a false name and account etc so it will be hard to trace but they are taking it as serious as they can

This really pisses me off as I have bought a ton of stuff off the HAMB and have never been scammed and I am usually
    Smarter then this

So keep your wits about you and be carefull

Now I am going to second guess every one!!

Fucking scmers

2. 117harv

117harv

Where have you been lately? There have been 4 or 5 threads on this guy, he gets banned and starts a new account...sorry you got taken.

3. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Is this andyw383 on the Hamb?

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you ask for pictures of the carbs?

5. tbird37821

tbird37821

6. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Well that's a $1,000,000 plus house in London! Anyone living there has plenty of money. Best security check is to get them to go outside and photograph their house, then compare to Google Earth. Also don't send money to people who've only been on the HAMB 10 minutes.

7. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Well spotted, might be one of his "maturing" usernames.

8. James Boys

James Boys
    from London ONT

sorry you got taken....as soon as Western Union gets brought up, I think instant scam

9. The little attatchment is not meant to piss you off, but maybe a little chuckle in light of this crap that unfortunately plaques all of us here. The good news is that the powers to be here on the HAMB get right on it and they don't take no prisoners, and for that we are all grateful.

Best of luck in the future, one of lifes sad lessons learned, TR

Attached Files:

10. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I only buy from Alliance members that have been here for awhile. I always use PayPal or a postal money order ONLY!! Sorry you take taken

11. plan9

plan9

paypal or postal money orders will be a bit more reassuring. there is always a 50% chance you will get ripped off with internet transactions.

first rule to live by, Trust No One... and, if its too good to be true - IT IS. 12 (clean) Rochester 1 barrels with tags for $300.00 is too good to be true.

12. Muttley

Muttley

13. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

make sure you always get a phone number and call it.
    That weeds out 95% of the out of country scammers

14. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes the scammer gets scammed:
    http://www.419eater.com/

Not much consolation if you've lost money, but some of it's a funny read.

15. nutajunka

nutajunka

His name might as well been santa claus, you got to check them out or pass. I get those spam e-mails on my e-mail account from time to time and just delete them, because in my ads I clearly state if you see it I still have it and my phone number. If they can't call then they are not serious, delete, done.

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

BE VERY CAUTIOUS with anyone with a gmail account. if they have one; ask for a phone number and talk to the person on the phone before sending funds.

17. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

damn, lol been seeing that uk guy scamming folks and even got an email that he'd sell me a 235 chevy engine from LONDON, wtf??? consider your $$ adios amigo.

18. Yup all words to live by

Guess I slipped up as all the other transactions I have done on the HAMB have been faultless and smooth

Oh well live and learn

I hope this guy gets cancer of the dick, but the doctors find it in time and amputating his cock and balls let's him live!!!

Worthless ass chunk

19. BEAR

BEAR

the same guy tryed to take me last month for bumpers he said he was parting out a really nice 56 olds b/c the motor stopped working alway ALWAYS ASK THE GUYS ON here most of us know whats real and whats not here is a link to what i posted on it http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700285

sorry for your loss man

20. BEAR

BEAR

I hope this guy gets cancer of the dick, but the doctors find it in time and amputating his cock and balls let's him live!!!

Worthless ass chunk

lol

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like this place is easy pickins for scammers. hope the word doesn't get out. seems like I read one of these once a week.

22. cederholm

cederholm

Crap Van! Sorry to hear that bro.

~ Carl

23. I was once scammed...

I then went and found the person in the real world....

24. Before this goes too far,,there are hundreds of good hambers here that are from the UK,,please don't let a bad experience made by a scammer reflect on the honest folks over seas,,they have a hard enough time acquiring parts. ,,remember,we have had our fair share of scammers right here in the good ol' U.S.A.

Do your homework and check them out before you send your hard earned money,,if you are unsure ask the Hamb membership HRP

25. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

What does a Gmail account have to do with it?

26. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

i agree. i've sold & bought on this website and other websites and always use my gmail account.

27. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Yeah. I use gmail, and I have since Google was only saying "Goo". Just like I had a hotmail account before microsoft bought them. Does that make me a scammer too?

How about saying "Don't trust anyone from england"? Shall we go even a step further and say "Don't buy parts! They're all scams!"

Van, I'm really sorry this crap happened to you. I imagine it would only happen once, eh?

28. I'm sending someone to investigate.

Attached Files: