Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

Haha, same with ours. Honestly i kinda hope she doesn't get tattooed but the decision is hers when she reaches that age. Check out "The other F word" documentary if you get a chance and Six Bunnies clothes.

2. riseabove_xxx

riseabove_xxx
    from Michigan

i found the other f word complete on youtube. watching it now. thanks for looking out.

3. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I had a really hard fathers day, my boys didnt call and they didnt answer my calls, they are 18 and 16 so they pretty much have their own lives but it was still a hard one, this is the first one that I didnt hear from them at all. I love them very much and I hope they know it , I am sure they do, but its still really hard not getting to talk to them, they live in indiana and I am in missouri so I cant just drop by and visit them. anyways great pics on the thread, dont mean to bring anyone down....Jim

4. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

We go in to the hospital tonight and they are inducing (sp) my wife in the morning for my first sone to be born. I hadn't been on here in a while and seen the thread and clicked on it, reading what others had wrote and looking at the pics put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. We have a yours, mine and soon to be ours family. I have a 10 year old daighter and my wife has a 7 year old daughter and a 5 year old son. I have taken her kids as my own from the begining BC they have a POS father who jumps in and out of their lives when he feels like it. He hasn't had them overnight since Christmas and calls about every 2 weeks if he feels like it. I don't know how anybody could have kids and walk away from them. It breaks my heart when they cry bc their dad won't call them and won't spend any time with them. Anybody can be a father but it takes a REAL man to be a DAD!!! I love my kids with all my heart and can't wait to meet out son tomorrow. He will be a "Junior" and I hope to live up to being the "Senior". I have about a million emotions running thru me today and can't wait to meet him and hold him!

5. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Keep trying brother.

I once thought the same thing- it was never going to happen (and the doctors more or less agreed with me). And then it did.

6. WortRod

WortRod
    from california

I recently became a father to my awesome daughter Aubree,got to deliever her may 13th,best thing in the world. she is still keeping us up most nights so since its too hot in this damn valley to take her in the garage we have coffee time where we read the news and the HAMB every morning and let her mom get some sleep.Its awesome,Im putting seatbelts in the A today to be able to strap her car seat in there until I get the bones to upholster the back seat of the deuce,cant wait to take her in the car(s). I had a great dad that included me in everything.he was my best friend .he always said that i wouldnt know the love he had for me until i had my own and he was right!!!! wish he was here to meet her.

7. mattraff

mattraff

Being a dad - the most joyful and at the same time, most difficult thing in my life.
    WP_000266.jpg WP_000270.jpg WP_000719.jpg

8. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

My son Lincoln is 2. He loves cars and bikes, and going to the shop.he likes "hot wods" and choppos"....it's really too awesome for a jerk like me...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Being a dad and grandad has been such a blessing in my life. I'm 58, the father of two boys and one girl, grandfather of three boys and two girls and just celebrated my 39th wedding anniversary. I lost my dad when i was sixteen and to this day I miss his influence in my life. My sons grew up out in the garage with me messing with cars and dirt bikes. Even my daughter would hop on one of the dirt bikes now and then. My house was kind of the hang out for my kids friends that were into cars or jeeps or anything with an engine. One day I got a call from my youngest son (13 at the time) who had been helping my oldest sons (17 year old) buddy work on his jeep in the driveway. The call went something like this --"Dad, you know how I don't know how to drive a standard very well, right? Well, if you'll buy a new garage door, I'll paint it for you for free." I, at first, thought he was just kidding around, because my 65 Corvette roadster was parked right behind the garage door that the jeep had been in front of when I left that morning. I calmly said " that's pretty funny. What's up?" still thinking it was a prank he was pulling on me. Then he told me the story-- seems that they had the jeep backed in the driveway and were working under the hood when Gary told my son, Zach, to hop in and fire it up while he set the timing. Gary had recently purchased this vehicle that the previous owner had made all kinds of modifications including wiring around the clutch safety switch, so, when he turned the key with the tranny in reverse, the jeep went crashing into my garage. Fortunately, no one was hurt and the door missed the nose of the Vette by 1/2 inch. This is but one of the exciting times of raising kids. There were plenty more harrowing incidents and trying times but I wouldn't trade them for anything. I just wish my dad could have been around to enjoy his grandkids like I am enjoying mine. Tell them you love them every time you talk to them and hugs when you see them. You'll never regret it.

10. awesome story rustednutz, thanks for sharing..

11. John 79

John 79
    from Sweden

My sisters son trying out my old bucket.

[​IMG]

12. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

This is down at Big oak Garage!

[​IMG]

13. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

My sons are so deep into this crap with me they will be in there 30s before the realize how cool it was.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  14. Gromit

Gromit

My eldest (12) doesn't care a tiffle about cars at this point, but my 8 yr old loves every car I bring home. If I put a For Sale sign in one he trots out and removes it. :) That's m'boy!

15. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Amen to that!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

my 3 1/2 yr old daughter loves T's, and figures the first version of Grabowskis car is about THE coolest thing on four wheels. She has good taste.

17. grazy

grazy

Growing up my dad was the cool dad all my buddies always hung out around our garage. My dad heard all the stories knew everything we did knew what buddies of mine he could trust but most important he gave us his time and attention he treated us as equals not little kids bothering him. I remember when he would come home from work to find us in the garage working on our bikes he would get the biggest grin no matter what kinda day he had. We were always making choppers or repainting a friends bike or fixing a neighbors flat on a bike .Today I try to be the same dad some of my sons friends have single moms so we work on everything in our garage bikes , go-carts , R/C cars, you name it I try to imagine growing up with out my dad and can't imagine . We always have extra kids at every car show or race we go to my kids go with grandpa to a local charity Toy Time we fix toys and bikes for local kids who would not have anything for Christmas without them I think they enjoy that more than getting gifts themselves. My kids are my biggest success !

18. wsdad

wsdad

"One of my daughters is my biological daughter and the other is adopted. I don't remember which." A quote from Dr. Laura, who was quoting someone else. It always stuck with me.

kiwijeff likes this.
  19. Thrasher32

Thrasher32
    from Fresno

[​IMG]
    My pride and joy helping me work on a tractor in the shop. I grew up without a father and I always told myself I never want that for my kids. Now I have my little helper : D

20. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

My son at the Rebel Run. I tried getting his pic with Winfield but he kept moving on me. This merc was ten foot from where Gene was. Maybe this year.

[​IMG]

21. My oldest son, Thomas, he's 2 and a half. Riding in my model A pick up and loving every minute of it.

Attached Files:

22. Hot Rod Dan

Hot Rod Dan
    from Texas

[​IMG] The kids were sitting in the "back seat" waiting for Dad to take them on the first ride.

23. Colville

Colville

Man, I cant wait to be a Dad. October 19th my first son will be born. I think then my life will really begin. I am very lucky to have a wonderful wife and a son on the way, thanks for all the stories and photos guys.

24. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Its about the first thing Ive been good at. :cool: My son is my life.

25. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

I just had my first kid Friday! He is doing great! I can't wait to take him out and do father son stuff!

26. Congratulations to Colville and big bird 007!

27. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

Yes being a dad is cool. I got lucky and scored a hot wife that is a really good person. That's why my kids are cute. Tyler is already rodding

Attached Files:

28. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

You're STILL an Eagle Scout. :)

29. big daddy Raleigh

big daddy Raleigh
    from Denver CO

Thanks for all the posts about being a Dad... I'm excited, we just found out our 5 month old is a big brother to twins today! Totally epic and surreal!!!

30. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

My daughter doesn't know a time without the truck,got it about two weeks after she was born, my grandson loves cars and wears you out at shows has to see inside and under hood of everything (seems to love 61 Chevys) pic of them in the truck ImageUploadedByTJJ1344577795.755074.jpg