Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1948 f1 build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynodan77, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dynodan77

Dynodan77
    from Downey

Hello everyone well this is the canvas i am starting with.

[​IMG]
    I started with rear, I found this heavy duty spring setup installed. i'm getting rid of everything, going with a 4link set up. this is my frist time installing a 4link so here goes nothing.
    [​IMG]
    well here's the before and after of the rear end. I have some question on how the coilovers are attached. when I first installed them I followed the plans but ths springs rubbed the frame. The kit came with shock relocator bolt kit which i didn't use the first time because they weren't in the plans. Well I installed them the way I think they go and now they don't rub? If anyone run across this problem, some feedback would help?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Just found your build. Rear looks good. Any more progress?

3. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Looks good will watch for more pics later.

4. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Awesome...Very Clean rearend job...I needed the perspective of a mutual 48 F1 owner. Looks like your using a 9" rearend. I am installing an 8.8 Explorer with disc brakes. If you don't mind me asking. What 4-link setup did you purchase? Also is your ride height going to be any Lower? Thanks, Scot

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

5. Dynodan77

Dynodan77
    from Downey

The 4link is form TCI which gave me 3.5 inch drop in back and I have a 4" drop in front. If you want it lower you would have to notch it and tunnel it which I wanted because of the look, but in the end I went with ride quality and comfort.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!