Register now to get rid of these ads!

LA Roadster Show – a trip from Northern California down Highway 1 in a roadster!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTaulbert, Jun 19, 2012.

1. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

The scenery along the coast as well as the roadster are nothing short of spectacular ! Glad you had a safe trip.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I hit that same gas station a couple of years ago on a trip in the Plymouth... Talk about sticker shock! Just enough to get 40 miles please... Looks like you had a beautiful trip, and your car is stunning. I can't believe I missed it at the show. I have to admit, when you posted it on the "Chopped and leaned" thread a couple of weeks ago, it thoroughly changed my mind as to what color my roadster pick up will be when it grows up. It was to be orange - not any more!

3. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

Great story, great pictures, and a great roadster! By the way, congratulations on tying the knot too!

4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Cool trip and thanks for the pics.....saw some folks I know.

5. Thanks for sharing......great lookn' roadster!

6. Looks like a trip you'll remember forever, thanks for posting the pics.

7. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Was that your roadster in Sids booth? Loved it. Pretty lady cleaning the Bop Top with a stickey roller.

8. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

It was found half buried in a farmer's field . Natural corrosion/ patina

9. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

This truck was SOLD on Friday, some guy from Texas bought it.

10. endlessearth

endlessearth

Gorgeous car! What a great adventure.

11. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

No better way to break in a new interior than a trip down the California coast! You made some great stops.. I gotta get to that early Ford place one of these days.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Fantastic photos of the trip down the Coast! The top looks great, could you post some shots of that interior? Bob:)

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice roadster!---I see the curves on #1 have not straightened out yet!
    We did that trip many years ago in our roadster,(70's), were the guys still flying gliders in those windy areas?
    Thanks for sharing!---Don

14. sota

sota

Cory ,Thanks for posting !The roadster is dead on !!!

15. mcbay

mcbay

Cory, thanks for the great photos of your trip. We saw you at Hollywood Hot Rods on Wed. getting ready to leave. Sorry we did not get a chance to talk. You built a really Bitchin roadster;) Fred

16. very cool. thanks for the ride.

17. Cool roadster, great trip. Thanks for taking us along!

18. dw123

dw123

Threads like this are what the HAMB is all about!

19. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Cory.......thanks for all of the shots down the PCH........I saw all of those spots a few years ago, but.......I was riding in a Prius!!! Wonderful that you included so many shots of the scenery, and I see that the Bixby Creek Bridge is just as picturesque as ever........shades of Michael Parks on a Sportster!!

Thanks again for your efforts in posting these fine pics.....

CB

20. BCR

BCR

Great post! Love the roadster.

21. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Nice trip and great coverage! Saw your roadster at the show...went back a few times to chat with you but, you were out. Pictures don't do it justice...its one bitchen ride! Great job!! While I was looking at your car several people were out admiring it as well. Congrats!!

22. Good pics. and a great car......

23. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

Your '32 is "right on". Enjoyed the scenic shots. It was our first visit to the LARS. Impressed with the show and swap. Not impressed with the traffic, rough freeways, smog, etc. You did well if the flathead did not run hot in the traffic jam. I was concerned too about how a straight axle rod would ride with all the rough freeway cracks and potholes.Not to be critical or anything but, the Pomona area struck me as being perhaps the "armpit" of Southern California. Guess the coastline makes up for that. But it was a great show and swap.

24. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Cory, thanks for the photos of your trip. I enjoyed meeting you and seeing your roadster in person. I hope your wedding went well and you continue building cars for many years. As a retired GM executive, I know GM will be back on top with guys like you around. All the best in the future.
    Lynn

25. grandet23

grandet23

What not one wedding photo..... We really appreciate the photos and hope your marriage is blessed for many, many years...

26. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome pics! Thanks

27. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I stopped at Big Sir about 9 months ago. The same place (only place) went inside for something to eat, but $20 for a hamburger we just left:mad:

28. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I'll get some shots this week and post them on my build thread. I have some photos up on there right now, but they're cell phone photos....

Never saw any gliders, and I couldn't image trusting some stretched nylon near some of those drops!

We were told from many of the guys from California about times to drive....mainly between 10-2. Before and after, you could expect some major traffic. Once we were in Pomona, we never had any trouble. I thought the roads were a little rough there too, especially 210 that we took from Burbank to Pomona, but the car did fine on the roads.

I'm real happy with how the car runs too....just a few degrees over the thermostats whether it's idling for running down the road.

29. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks for all the great pics . Looks like a fun ride ya had . Damn nice roadster !