Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features **1941-1946 Chevy Truck Picture Thread**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 23, 2010.

1. 41OUTKAST

41OUTKAST
    from illinois

41 chevy cab with 46 ford doghouse

Attached Files:

• rat.jpg
      rat.jpg
      File size:
      19.1 KB
      Views:
  2. We found this old girl retired on a wheat farm in 1993. Her previous life was a fuel tanker, never in the rain and always barn kept. The engine was freshly rebuilt on the farm but the body had seen some rough usage. Took the fuel tank off and built a bed from parts. It still has fiberglass rear fenders because i couldnt find decent metal ones.
    Scrounged parts for 3 years then blew it apart for sandblasting paint and final assembly.
    Everybody loves the old truck and gives it a thumbs up. It is also a chick salt lick. Its all stock except for 12v conversion, electric wipers and changed the rear gear ratio from Patricks.
    We use it for the business and parades. The 4 speed granny trans will pull float trailers at the perfect parade speed.

Attached Files:

3. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

4. Stu55

Stu55
    from Dallas Tx

What truck!!!!

5. Finally getting parts and pieces back from the paint shop. Picked up the cab yesterday and had to install the drivers door and the driver's side of the hood to see what it will look like. Here is a before and after shot.
    The plan is to assemble the truck, wire it up, and get it on the road by Sept 1. There's a huge car show here in town Labor Day Weekend and it'd be a wonderful time to debut the truck.

Attached Files:

6. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

What kind of training,,, AARMY Training,, lol,,
    What Kind of Truck,,, AAARMy truck,, lol

7. UPDATE JULY 4TH 2012
    Spent the day reassembling cab & box, got them bolted down to the frame. Column and pedals along with seats back into the cab. Still waiting on the grille and hood extentsions. Wiring is the next big job.

Attached Files:

8. Motivated the paint shop by showing them the pictures of the cab and box without the grille assembly. Low and behold, they called, I stopped by at 4:30 and picked up grille parts as well as the back bumper. By 7:30 we (granddaughter's help) got the grille and back bumper on and photographs of progress done.
    Today will be spent wiring. Goal is to drive it around the neighborhood by dark.

Attached Files:

9. 46luke

46luke
    from Iowa

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm the new guy here and this is my new truck that brought me out to this site. I am not a motor head, but grew-up looking at these beauties with my dad and fell in love w/ 46's along the way. I finally decided to stop thinking about them and get one. Fortunately I didn't have to look too far, as this was in the town I work for at fantastic price. The guy I bought it from had bought it this past winter from a widow who had bought it in 1946 and it got parked in the barn with water in the block and there it sat all these years. Only 5300 miles on it and she was still upset! He took the body and put it on an S-10 and put a 350 from a Monte Carlo in along with the rest of the drive train. It runs great. He dropped it two inches, shortened the box a couple to get the rear tires to center up, and put 50's all around. I decided to let him finish the project off to my color and taste and that is where it's at now.

I have a pair of bumpers on order, A Fulton Visor coming in from Mother Trucker,a wiper kit from New Port Eng, will be putting heat and air in and a few other minor things. For color, I have chosen black fenders and British Race Green. I wanted a dark green similar to what was on it, but darker.

I hope to post some pics in August of the progress. Thanks for all the others that I have seen out here!

Luke

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  10. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Gary it looks a little naked without fenders,,

11. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Nice truck Luke, do you have any pics showing the side view, I was interested to see how it looks with a shortened bed.

12. 46luke

46luke
    from Iowa

This is about the only side view pic I have. The length of the bed is 6'5" (I think). It's in the shop right now.

[​IMG]

13. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Yeah ! Love those Big Fat Fenders, are those stock rear fenders? they look like they came from an advanced design, 47-54.

14. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Been messing with mine trying to get it ready for the show here. I have 9 more days......:eek:.....and a ton load left.

Attached Files:

15. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I definitely know that feeling, went thru the same thing getting my truck ready for Eagle Field Drags,, but I made it!:cool:
    Thanks to hard work and N.O.S. energy drinks :eek:

16. 46luke

46luke
    from Iowa

You know, they don't look stock, do they? I am going to have to investigate. The the guy I got it from and who is going to be painting it, is on vacation.

17. Not only did I get it running by dark, I cleaned it up, loaded on the trailer and took it to it's first car show. The all Chevy Show was happening at the XXX RootBeer on Sunday. The truck is no trailer queen, it wasn't legal to drive yet on the public hiways. It was well received by the crowd and a fun time was had by all.

Attached Files:

18. Nice looking truck. You're going to have some fun with it.

19. IMG_7201.jpg

IMG_7202.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg

IMG_7228.jpg Rod Run to Roslyn was a fun time. Put some miles on the Army truck. Met some nice people. The little 350 ran flawless, and the transmission worked great after dumping 3 qts of ATF in it.

20. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

You are right, I do believe...A.D. fenders..Mine wears the same fenders, and they are off of a '53.

Sweet looking truck!
    I actually threw some paint on mine this weekend. Not a show job by far, I sprayed over alot of dings and dents. Just some satin black to protect the metal a bit. First time I've ever picked up a spray gun. I was told it wasn't too bad a job. No matter, I use and drive mine, so looks weren't a huge priority.
    Sorry the pic is a bit blurry- it's the only one I have, I'll replace it as soon as I can with a clearer one..

Attached Files:

• tn.jpg
      tn.jpg
      File size:
      2.9 KB
      Views:
  21. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

22. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

Here's my '46. I believe it was originally a half ton flatbed, the running boards end at the cab and are finished on the back. It has a '47-'53 bed on it. The usual 350/350, Mustang II, etc. It's for sale if you look in the ads, only $5,450. I like these trucks, too many projects now!

Attached Files:

23. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

24. danieljamesw

danieljamesw
    from Chico, CA

Hey Guys, I am working on my own 46 and had a quick question for any one willing to answer!

What is the length of your 1/2 to bed? I am looking for the measurement for the entire bed side panel.

BEFORE you get on my case and tell me to search, I have and I have found answers. I would just like to check with someone who can verify from original parts.

Thanks, Daniel

25. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Hey danieljames,
    I will make a deal with you,
    my truck is a stock 41, with a stock bed,
    tell me what you want me to measure, not sure what you meant by what you said,,
    "What is the length of your 1/2 to bed? "
    First go to the Intro section and post your intro,, here is the link,,
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18
    then after you do your intro, i will measure whatever you want and post it back for ya,,
    deal?

26. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Eagle Field May 18th,, fun day
    [​IMG]

27. Hey Novadude, that is one cool shot in the burn out box.

28. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Why Tank U, :D
    It was a blast, and a good time had by all,
    ever heard of a movie named after a car called the Deuce of Spades? check it out,, http://www.deuceofspadesmovie.com/

They showed the film in the hangar at Eagle Field friday night,
    and the woman who created the movie was there to sign autographs and
    sell copies of the film,, cool deal, I highly recomend the movie.

29. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic taken of Rusty and me posed next to a '49 Alabatross plane yesterday. I'm currently enjoying backwoods two lane cruising in Oklahoma and Arkansas this week, and man are we having a ball!:D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Okie46chevy likes this.
  30. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

sounds like fun, cool shot, too bad u didnt get another shot from a little further away, cant see the plane,, lol:D