Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Pedal Car Strollers/Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nert, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bballjones

bballjones

Good eye!! It is a pulley from a serpentine belt! Its from a Volvo. I had used idler pulleys on some of my other wagons and they work really well. I normally tried to find metal ones but this one looked cool having the fan like look. Thanks man! And those mini wagons are a ton of fun!! I have built three of them and have one waiting for me to get to!! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!! Oh and I have figured out that Radio Controlled car wheels work awesome for those wagons! I'll attach the pic of them, the back one is the same size as yours I believe. Maybe yours is a size bigger not 100% sure. I have since changed the wheels on the smaller red one. But obiviously I am obsessed. Haha Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. quickbms

quickbms
    from largo,fl.

Built this one for my granddaughter. Thanks for all the great ideas. The top was the hardest to figure out.works awesome though.

Attached Files:

3. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

[​IMG]

Just started this about a week ago. Am hoping to finish it up in the next week or 2 for my daughter. White/pink soon!

4. 53inSD

53inSD

Almost Finished. Just have to mount the body. frame is all metal I had lying around. 13 bucks for the hardware, used for steering and to mount wheels. Ill be on the lookout for some sweet wheels. I like the little spoked ones.

Attached Files:

5. RamJet1

RamJet1

After lurking for some time, I finally joined. This was one of the inspiring threads that attracted me, and also inspired me and my son to build our swapmeet wagon.

Years ago I was trying to make a '50 Fleetline ride-on for myself, and had almost completed the chassis and running gear. It was my first attempt at making a fiberglass body and it didn't quite come out right, but I learned a lot. My son wanted to use the chassis under the wagon, but it was an old riding mower frame and very heavy. So I welded up a ladder frame and bolted the gokart axle bearings to that, and another old riding mower front crossmember and it's steering set-up flipped around. Here's what we came up with.

Attached Files:

6. bballjones

bballjones

Here is a wagon I just finished. I donated it to a benefit here to be auctioned off for charity. It is nearly finished, just need to finish the handle and cut off the axles. Hopefully this will be my last themed one for a while. The Buckeye leaf stickers are the actual stickers they use on their helmets. Any other questions just let me know.

Attached Files:

7. redzula

redzula

very nice bballjones except IMO it should be White and Red with an N on it but nonetheless looks real good

8. bballjones

bballjones

Haha thanks. But since we are in the same division now, I doubt there will be too many "N" wagons built. Someone already wanted a U of Mich. wagon and I told them I was allergic to Blue and Yellow paint!! Some lines I just can't cross! haha

9. bballjones

bballjones

i don't want to bore everyone with similar pictures that I already posted, but I got the handle done and on today. Let me know what you think. My daughter also got to take the first ride it in before it is off to the auction block. Enjoy!! <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

10. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I picked up my 1960 Plymouth 1/4 scale from the paint shop tonight. I still have a lot of detail work to do and emblems. I also need to make the taillight and head light lenses. This was a NOS body that was made in 1960 but never mounted on a frame even the lighting holes and steering shaft notch were cut. I have a set of 1/4 scale Firestone wide whites for it but still need to build the frame. Initial plans are for a stroller but I will make sure the electric motor can still be mounted in the trunk like the originals

Attached Files:

11. Hotrodtravis

Hotrodtravis
    from Mn

Just finished one.

Attached Files:

12. Grimmis

Grimmis
    from New Mexico

My son's pedal car.

[​IMG]

05snopro440 likes this.
  13. barnbikes

barnbikes
    from MN

Old body I had about 15 years ago. Dad said it was in the way and I sold it.

anybody know what make it is?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Saw this on Facebook today thought it was to damn kool
    [​IMG]

15. 57den

57den

16. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

17. speedbump

speedbump

Heres one made from an sears lawn tractor Mike

Attached Files:

18. redzula

redzula

Those using turning front wheels what did you use to make the steering mech. Pics would also be helpful

19. bballjones

bballjones

I use either Idler Pulley's from cars. Or the center hub from pnuematic wheels from Harbor Freight. Here are a couple of pics. The one with copper is an idler pulley, the white one is pnuematic. hope this helps

Attached Files:

20. redzula

redzula

I was looking more for info on wagons that have turnable wheels using a tie rod style similar to a car but thanks for responding and sweet wagons

21. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Hahahahahaha AWESOME STUFF!

22. radardog

radardog

After starting this for my son, I remembered that I never had a wagon and this one might have to make up for it. Here's a mock up. Yes, that's a Harbor Freight trailer axle that was just taking up space. The seat cushions were acquired in the dark of night because I didn't want my neighbor to see me going through his trash. He's putting a new interior in his boat ...

I guessed at the steering and it works fine. The handle is spring loaded so I won't trip over it.

More to come ...

Attached Files:

23. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

Here is a Radio Super I picked up a few months back for my grandaughter. My bro Lloyd his son and I made this one. I set up the stance & length he & his boy did the mill work, his boy sandblasted the tin and I did a little metal, finish, paint, upholstery, bed side woodwork, and final assembly.
    craigslist score!
    [​IMG]
    1st mock up
    [​IMG]
    rearend
    [​IMG]
    frontend
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    in the grass
    [​IMG]
    floor padding with 1 inch foam and flanel material
    [​IMG]
    happy birthday!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and Grandma Hoptup Jalop tugging her around!!
    [​IMG]

24. radardog

radardog

Here's the fully operational wagon minus a few planned upgrades. I still need rear fenders/arm rests, umbrella holder and beer smuggler. I'm going to add an oil pan that will double as a beer cooler for those hot days at swap meets w/o the kid of course.

I'll add a few more pics now that I figured out how to shrink 'em.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  25. redzula

redzula

26. salf100

salf100

Still need to make a seat. He just slides around with every turn!!

Attached Files:

27. Went up to Columbus North Carolina today for a car show. Thirteen cars showed up but I saw this little guy having one grand time with his wheels.
    He was dressed for the day with his 4th of July t shirt and all. Check out the NOS unit. Your looking at a future HAMB member.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Sgt._Grumpy

Sgt._Grumpy

My "Lil Gasser", alongside my Nova Gasser. Both still need to be finished, maybe this winter. My Nephew Brian is the Designated Driver!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. motobilt

motobilt
    from okc

Gendron racer, between 1928 and 1934

30. broey

broey

here is a pic of my wagon.

[​IMG]

im also in the middle of a gasser conversion for my son to be strolled around in.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.