Register now to get rid of these ads!

resurection IHC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pugs, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Man i just realized that you live in Hamburg PA! I bought my wife's 1950 IH L-121 in Hanover PA.
    It looks great what you're doing:)

2. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

thanx klaus. i knew by looking at the thread of the wifes IH that you picked it up in Pa just wasnt sure where.

3. I bought it from Junior in Hanover. I'd also like to see your truck next time I'm in the area. I see you're not far from Reading PA. I think we'll be going there in the beginning of August. When will you be back from vacation?

4. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

we will be back on the 1st, only going down to ocean city maryland for the weekend. let me know for sure if ya think you will be in the area

5. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

cool build I dig that truck

6. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

thanx mcnally, im slowly getting there.
    so i wasnt happy with the front cab mounts. after looking around the garage and thu my parts i found one of my 6cyl. motor mount brackets and looked it over and said this will work. first thing i did was drill a hole thu the cab floor and brace at one of the holes the the stock mounts bolted to. marked the motor bracket and drilled the 1.25" hole for the cab mount. i then welded a plate to the bracket as a backing that i could atleast bolt it up to the frame till i get the cab off to weld it to the frame.
    pics will show what i did.

100_0395.JPG

100_0396.JPG

100_0398.JPG

100_0394.JPG

7. That's perfect! Once again it proves my theory, never toss anything cuz there might be a need for it later! No wonder my garage seem so small:p

8. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

been busy the past couple of days working on the truck. 1st thing i did was the passenger side cab mount. i cleaned up the floor of the heavy rust, gave it a coat of rusty metal primer and then a coat of bed liner. then i needed to figure out something at the firewall to slip the column thu, so i took a piece of 18g metal and put a 2.75 hole in it and then split in 2 pieces. took a gas filler rubber gasket and split that to fit around the column i flanged the one piece to fit over the other correctly. i will be cutting out a rubber gasket to put behind the plate when im ready to install for the last time.

100_0403.JPG

100_0404.JPG

100_0407.JPG

100_0410.JPG

9. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

i also snagged a gas pedal out od a mid 80's monte carlo. i did have to do some tweakin to it and some kind of mount if it. will get mount pics later.
    i did make sure the stock fuel tank was gonna fit in place right with using a different fame and it does, but not sure if i want to run the stock tank or go with a jeep cj tank i have here and mount it in the rear of the frame.
    either way its looking like the running boards will be about 8" off the ground at this point.

100_0401.JPG

100_0400.JPG

10. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

well i took the cab off the frame the other day and after two days of scraping the bottom it and primering i finally got it bedlinered.
    i hit the yard today to pick up new door stops, i got a set off of a hyundia as the bolt to the door and the jam. after checking over both of my grill the do need work around the head/park lite area and been thinking of a good way to fix them. i came upon this dodge grill at the yard and figured i could cut the areas off this and fix one of my grills up. then i stood it up against a fender and thought well maybe i could split down the middle and stretch it 2-3" and trim the bottom a few inches and graft in the top section of one of the IH grills to match the hood. anyway a few pics of the progress.

100_0418.JPG

100_0427.JPG

100_0423.JPG

100_0425.JPG

11. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

Looks good pug's...ur makin' progress..

12. So if I understand you correctly you wanna use the headlight area for your ihc grille and use round parking lights instead? I like it a lot! I did something similar on the wife's truck, since the whole bottom of the grille was completely gone too. I kept the recessed area though but shaped it somewhat like a Buick '53 headlight.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

Attached Files:

13. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

well back at it again today. sanded, primered and alittle filler here and there on the the firewall. also capped off the floor brace where i cut it out.
    klaus, thats the plan is to use the headlite areas of the dodge grill to fix the IH grill.

100_0567.JPG

100_0569.JPG

14. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

well slowed down abit with having lower back pain this past week. i did start cleaning and primering on the frame, sanded, primed and bedlinered the passenger side cowl area, and also had to do alittle cut and welding on the toe board section i had done for alittle extra clearence for the trans so it would sit flat against the new floor brace piece i welded in. hope to get the firewall all done and painted this week and start on getting the interior panels sanded, primed and painted along with the dash.

100_0572.JPG

100_0573.JPG

15. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

looks good pug's...

16. Will you be around the last week of August so we, my wife and I can visit you after speed week?

17. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

thanx chuck, its slowly getting there. klaus, let me when and ill make sure to be around here

18. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

he pug's,let me know when klaus will be commin'..ill stop by your shop also..chuck

19. 47kb1

47kb1
    from TN

Cool build man, I like it. I dumped my green diamond for an LS1 and a 700r4. How like those apples boys!

20. 47kb1

47kb1
    from TN

Here it is, I think you wanting to update your Ih with something a little more common is a great idea, Love the headlight treatment, that is gonna be a killer truck!

25075810003_large.jpg

21. Sure thing! Maybe we can have a HAMB truck get together, some obviously without the truck present. Too hard to bring on the plane!!

22. Nothing wrong with the GM 6 or the IH 6. Given they are both in similar condition. I do know you can go into about any place the sells IH tractors and get most of what you would need on the road so if you broke down in some little farm town your luck parts wise on the chebby or the Ih would just about be the same.

One thing that will make it more drivable out on the open road is taller rear gears or an over drive. Just a thought.

23. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

i managed to get the toe board in for the last time i hope. removed everything from the dash and just about hait all sanded to bare metal, not sure what color im gonna paint it yet. well i went and bedlined the firewall also, i like the look of it. over the weekend i plan on pulling the m/t out, bolt the cab back on the frame so i can get the running board brackets on bolted up in position.

100_0577.JPG

100_0576.JPG

24. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

hey pug's looks good..i like the bedlined firewall.looks good..

25. Looks great buddy. We painted the dash insert yuma cream to go with the Arizona blue truck. The wheels and emblems is cream also. Eventually the bumpers and the lettering on the tailgate will get the same cream treatment.

26. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

nothing really pic worthy but did get the dash totally sanded down and primed, bedlined the inner firewall/cowl areas, also cleaned and primed the running board brackets. its slow going but every little bit is one step further.

27. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

well i finally got the dash painted and all but together. need to get the cowl vent pieces cleand and painted this week and also cover/insutate in the inside of the firewall, so i can then get the heater box and such in and hang the wiring harness and column.

100_0594.JPG

28. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

looks really good ,pugs.....!

29. Looks great! Your glovebox door fits very nice! Not very common on these trucks.

30. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

hey pugs...were u be?? hope things are ok with ya ..!