Register now to get rid of these ads!

Patina Aguilera

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooch, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

You again and again just show you don't get it.

2. This is actually quite an entertaining thread and even though one might interpret all the brow beating as overreaction by the hardcore HAMB force, its really a necessary part of the education around here. No different than going to public school and having to abide by certain rules and being forced to learn if you expect to graduate. Theres always a fair amount of reluctance to this sort of thing but if you want to succeed in life you do it. And guess what, years down the road most everyone looks back on it favorably and is thankful for those who were devoted enough to want to teach them and put forth the effort necessary to drum it into their heads.
    The HAMB is higher education.
    You just got to decide if you want to sign on, buy into it and learn.
    Or...drop out.

3. There's a hell of a lot more wrong there than just the Air Cleaner :eek:

4. Gromit

Gromit

Teach me big daddy

5. ts,tsts,ts ts,tsts,ts,tsts,tsts,tsts......

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

A very good friend of mine, who has a great sense of humor...:D

7. Ah hell I'll help ya out. We are a dying breed and if we don't do a thing to keep the "traditional" torch lit when we are gone we will have no legacy.

That is not the kind of help you wanted is it.

No I was giving you options. If I were going to equate anyone to child molesters I guess it would the van crowd. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  8. Gromit

Gromit

LOL... my neighbour at the stripmall just started building boogievans.. I better keep an eye on him lol.

9. You don't have a thing to worry about until one rolls out with free candy or free pupies lettered on it.

10. PJF

PJF

Hooch - I love the ridiculous name and the whole "patina'd and laying frame" look.

Hope all the very "passionate opinions" doesn't keep you from doing a proper build thread on it, looking forward to seeing how this thing ends up when it's finished.

11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Jeez guys the thread is here unless the mods decide otherwise ! If you dont dig what he's doing then move to the next thread. If you feel it doesnt belong report it, Or if you like inform him on how it might have been done traditionally while still being respectful about it. All this arguing back and forth about whats trad whats not, mini trucks, 4 doors, who's pecker's longer etc.. is just pissing all over the OP's thread and is just rude as hell !

12. Mine isn't very long but I got girth.

I think that the reason that threads like this one stay is because if you pick through the fooforah there is an education to be had. But if you are not ambitious enough to pick through it maybe you don't need the education.

Here is is in the nut shell, there is a very large chasm between rust and patina. More than 2 jumps I am afraid.

Laying frame is a mini truckers trend and not a traditional practice.

if we don't stay the course and try and show what the difference is between traditional and what the 21st century idea of traditional is we will have no legacy.

I am sure I missed some of it but that pretty much sums it up I believe.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Well said by the birthday boy. :D:D:D

14. Mines the longest, and its not even my Birthday, TR

15. shadams

shadams

Either way that is a really cool looking truck. Dont think there is too many of those around. I also definetly like the second chop, I am a fan of static drops myself but would certainly drive it either way.

I also like the look it has. I have always wanted an old truck that looked old, but was dependable. I am all for tradional builds, but I am certain that not everybody back in the day had the skill or cash to paint their cars.

Keep us posted....

16. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

17. You got that right! Oh and Happy B-Day. Now if we could just get you to use Traditional Vacuum advance :D

(sorry, couldn't help myself)

18. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I've been married five years and have a three year old son... Anymore, I just look forward to "morning wood" so I can scrub the grease out of the wrinkles. :(

19. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

ahaaa grasshoppa...Confruse us say, man wif tuna can pee pee arso have beeg brian.

20. photofink

photofink

When it comes to true traditional hot rods and customs, some people just dont "get" it, and it will always be like that. A lot of young guys dont "get" it, a lot of old guys dont "get" it. Its a shame that I have to specify TRUE traditional hot rods and customs.
    The HAMB is a place for those who "get" it to share stuff with like-minded people. Those who get "it" dont have to ask what "it" is.

21. metalshapes

metalshapes

Nice...

Hopefully the HAMB can be a educational tool, to show people the difference between the various styles.

With that knowledge, people can choose to reject or embrace it.
    ( that part is up to them...)

On Threads like this, the different ways of thinking will collide.

As long as the educational part outweighs the dramatic part, I see no harm in that...

22. 117harv

117harv

X2...well said.

23. deto

deto

Dude those vertical head lights make me think mild custom... Pearl paint blue/green/purple with white interior and chrome reverse wheels. My .02

24. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

I said from the start I was going to build this traditionally inspired. maybe i went a bit low with my photoshop. but it wasnt real life..
    I can post elsewhere instead of here. the only reason i did is that i have seen many many other cars and trucks here like it ....... while I havent posted much here I have been a lurker and member atleast 4 years
    sorry my old binder blew shit up
    and BTW patina isnt about the paint. its also about the oxidation of the metal (rust)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patina

I will go away now :)
    have a great day

25. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

love the truck, hate the word. puh-tina.

26. slammed

slammed

Yes, your correct on seeing what was accepted the last few years/similar to what you wish to do to your truck. The positive from this thread is that there WILL be a house cleaning/redefining of this boards criteria. And that goes for those huge 'mag wheeled' rides as well. A raked 4-5 drop of your truck would rule. Keep your head up!

27. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

Isn't it a little late closing the gate after the cows have already gotten out?

28. slammed

slammed

No, the there was a GAIN here. The weeding has begun of big mag wheeled old cars for one. Do you understand this boards list of requirements. Yes, by now you do. Build your truck to suit you sounds obvious and redundant, but it's finished look must fit here to be here.

29. A new trend... 'Rusty minitruckin'

30. Drea

Drea

Cool truck but geez I would be scared to use it as a daily driver. Imagine that getting rained on. I would cry if it happened. I can't stand taking my own car out in the rain. I bitch and moan every time it happens.

Hence why I am getting some badass looking paint happening as soon as I can feasibly afford it, despite the fact that I will have every patina loving/rat rodder crying murder when I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.