Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some old car finds at u pull it!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, Jun 16, 2012.

1. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

get that ford truck flatty and column! shock mounts too?

2. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

All of them used to be someone's "dream cars"..... ahhhhh the stories they could tell if they could talk.

3. I saw a guy trying to sell a set of '52 Chevy front fenders yesterday for $175... I'd sure as crap pull that set on that 49-50 if they're as solid as they look. The deluxe steering wheel is worth $200 or so too if the center isn't too chipped up from pulling the button out of it - I sold one for that much on eBay a while back. Yes, the half horn ring is correct, one year it's a circle, one year it's just like that. If the wheel is busted, just get the horn ring.. I might get the wheel even if it is cracked up some and try bondoing it up.

Now, if they'll let you bring in a sawzall, cut every body mount out of that car, especially the ones at the base of the front door hinge posts. If they're good you should be able to sell them because the repop ones, you could spend $1200 replacing every one in a car - and some they don't make yet. I did that myself here last year when a fairly solid '52 turned up in a yard - and I grabbed that set of fenders while I was at it because they were almost perfect. The lower quarters including 3" or 4" over the wheel arch would be a good cut too. Repop ones are in sections and no one makes a full quarter.

4. thebrisbanebennetts

thebrisbanebennetts
    from Australia

We would pay big dollars for those down under.

5. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

As far as I know Harry Hansen is a Harley nut. His son Thomas runs the U-Pull-It's and I've never heard of him being in to old stuff either. These will sit for awhile and get crushed the same as anything newer in the yard.

6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Some of that stuff just breaks my heart. I saw a 56 Packard Patrition in the U pullit here in Tucson a few years back. Looked like they didnt even bother to sell the poor thing. COMPLETE. I got the lighted scrip compass off of it.

7. davidh73750

davidh73750

save buick grille, save luggage rack from falcon save save save and resell on hamb

8. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is the engine still in that Thunderbird Turbo Coupe? I'd be interested if it is.........

9. indianhead74

indianhead74

Wow, My retirement years will be spent at U-PuLL-IT. No Social Security. and worth less paper money. LOL I'l have to go back to my high school days part'in out cars. Indy

10. The truck is a '40, not '41. '41 has the wide center chrome on the hood, '40 has the narrow. Doors fit '40-'47.

11. Pickup and big truck doors are the same. Big truck transmission cover is different, otherwise the whole cab is pretty much the same.