Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm a Member of the Long Roof Club Now!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Mar 31, 2012.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

EXCEPT I can't wait till the first weekend of June to obtain a plate. I need one NOW so I can get the car registered and DRIVE it. Anyone else you might know that might have this dudes number??

When are you coming home?? I'm having a Pig Roast here at the house on Friday June 1st. Hope you and your lovely wife can make it.

2. fms427

fms427

We will be home April 17th or 18th. I'll look for that card and give you a PM if no one else knows him. Thanks for the invite.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

AWESOME! Thanks sweetie!

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

5. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I LOVE wagons and you would still be kool driving a Pacer........ Love the longroof!

6. Monroe Swap Meet in a couplw weeks. Always a plate guy there. Cool ride, should be a fun road tripper

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's because '60 and '61 were some kind of "stand pat" year in Michigan where most people just got metal tags to put on their '59 plate.

Edit: I got so hung up on plates, I forgot to mention: Cool car, Denise!

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i guess now you need a little mexican poolboy to keep that thing washed. you will love the ride the wagon has. sort of floats .

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Thanks bud! I called the guy and left him a voicemail. Hopefully he still has it and calls me back. If not I'll certainly attend the Monroe swap meet and hopefully find one there.

You'd better be careful or your cute little Mexican is gonna wanna move north and be my wagon washer. ;)

11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

wagon washer! lol

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He texted me back, it's sold already. Monroe swap meet April 22nd as a last resort I guess. I was kinda hoping to get a plate before that so I could drive the wagon to the swap meet. I guess I could run with a 59 plate I've got till I got the 1960. I don't think the cops would know right??:eek::D

Any other license plate leads would be great appreciated.

13. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have spaces at Monroe. Plan to hang out for a spell this time. In the mean time I'll keep an eye out.

14. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

16. To be little or no help :).....................
    http://www.mlpca.com/

According to this site, the 1960 water wonderland is for commercial use and the '59 with the '60 tab is for car.

Info:
    http://www.whitworthfamily.org/index1.htm

more info:
    http://www.hal.state.mi.us/mhc/autoshow/l_plates/1959-61.html

Here you can run a wagon or suburban with commercial plates but you pay more every year. You CAN'T run a pickup without a shell or panel truck with passenger car plates.

If you still want it:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-MICHIGAN-COMMERCIAL-LICENSE-PLATE-4877-CX-/230766552381?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bac2253d

17. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey hun, just a thought here. Since YOM plates are sorta like antique plates, in that they're meant to limit the use of the car to shows and events or maintainence drives. Your part of MOTOWN is hungry for ticket money. Some dickhead cop sees you drive to work a couple days in a row...

Maybe a vanity plate for the back bumper and a single 60 commercial for the front? Just thinkin out loud...

18. slammed

slammed

Nice wagon girl! Here is a suggestion for the cargo area:[​IMG]

19. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Sure I was planning on getting to the swap meet anyway.

Martyn:D

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've never been messed with yet and I've been running a YOM plate on Big Olds for 10 years now. I'm cheap, I wanna run that YOM plate for the rest of my life on this wagon for $35.00. Kinda makes me feel like I'm getting something for nothing every year.... you know, cuz I won't have to register it every single year like our real daily drivers.

That would be cool and we could play it nakeed at car events.;)

Cool, I'll call Larry when I get back from Austin, TX and we'll come up with a meeting place and time.

21. 35.00 for antique yom plates? damb here in ohio we pay 50.00 for the same deal

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

It's very cool Denise! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Great ( as always) seeing you in Austin.

23. Brandi

Brandi

How did I miss this excitement? I've really gotta quit working so hard. LOVE that longroof, Denise!

24. ls7gto

ls7gto

Nice long roof ! Im loving my 61 safari. if i would start a wagon group, it would be the WAGoons!

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

After this past weekend my wagon is now called "Cookie Pusher".:cool:
    Photos and story to follow shortly

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Bring it to the Jalopy Showdown Invitational July 28th and we can compare notes. :cool:

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IT was good seeing you in Bowling Green again. I was really liking the wagon. I am doing a thread and there will be some pics of your wagon in it.

28. Do tell this story!!

29. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Sell Big Olds??? pfffft... no way anyone would believe that...

Wagon looks good. It's going to be a ton easier to haul people from the gate at Kzoo now. You can get everyone in one trip!