Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rare-Ass IHC Van Keeps on Truckin'!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Dan Kramer, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Dan Kramer

Dan Kramer
    from Fresno, CA

Blake in LA gave me this site to checkout, time to start digging around. I have had my 1965 Metro-Mite step van since 1972, when I bought it for college from Coke of San Jose. My older brother chose it because everything was a toasted Ford or Chevy.
    It's got half a 304 V8, known as a 4-152. Basically a Scout with a van body. However, nobody besides me saved the vans, only the Scouts. Eventually I may transplant a larger Scout engine into it, after the other stuff is done.

It's always been a runner and now I am seriously fixing it up. Last summer it got new windshields, now the outside body work is done. It now sports new windshield wipers and backup lights. Next is automotive upgrade and interior fixup. It will have an exposed beam ceiling and 110V power generator so I can haul a pinball or juke box and power it at destination without finding an outlet.

It will be equipped with both an FM 8-track and Sirius Satellite Radio capability.

I plan to paint it two-tone International colors with silver powder-coat bumpers, rims and trim. The interior will be IHC Champagne Mist Metallic.

BTW, I'm not a hippie, I'm an engineer. Stay tuned... DK

Attached Files:

2. Muttley

Muttley

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. Neat truck.

4. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

5. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Oklahoma. Nice old box van. There are hundreds of possibilities with your project. Have fun.

6. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

7. Cool van, welcome aboard the H.A.M.B.!

8. Dan Kramer

Dan Kramer
    from Fresno, CA

YOW! There is life in the H.A.M.B. Got lotsa welcomes, makes me & the van all warm & fuzzy. Bought new running lights for the top rear, all made in USA and with die-cast chrome housings. Consulted the mailman on his full-view mirrors- don't want no more ass-end collisions. Gonna snag the dead Scout engine I have socked away and get it to a machine shop. Stay tuned... DK

9. ImKnot8uP

ImKnot8uP

Welcome from Ohio...Scotty

10. Blake84

Blake84

Welcome Dan .....glad you got your profile up and running

11. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

12. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

welcome from utah

13. Dan Kramer

Dan Kramer
    from Fresno, CA

Hey-Ho!! Just got back from Eastwood Sandblasting up in the mountains near Yosemite. They stripped and powder coated my spare tire rim a dusky silver- bosso! Gonna have them do the bumpers too, plus renovate the interior finish, in the original IHC color 'Champagne Mist'. Plus the script plates and letters.
    Got the sunvisors back from restoration last week, just like new! The mounting arms are coming back from Eastwood soon so I can drive without being blinded.
    Received from O'Reilly a Tomco- a rebuilt Holly 1908 carb with a new feature- automatic choke!
    Gonna keep working on performance improvements this summer so I can drive it up the hill to Eastwood for more finish work this fall.

DK

14. Blake84

Blake84

Awsome Dan. Glad to hear your moving ahead. When its all done and painted you should road trip it down to Ivy's so I can check it out!!!

15. Welcome--your Metro is cool!

16. welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga