Register now to get rid of these ads!

Krylon Rattle Can Flake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3spd, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Ive read FRed Meyers in the craft section. Or Hobby Lobby. Some Wal-Marts carry it

2. gas50

gas50

Im painting my minibike i just built so should i prime, spray paint , glitter blast, then clear or sometin? Thank you thank you very much

3. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

i got my cans at Hobby Lobby.

4. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

I just finished a fresh 200 CI thriftpower ford six, and i used KGB golden sun on the sheetmetal and such.

Ignore the Insane mess that is my garage currently. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VHT primer, then Brass VHT Metallic, then a heavy coat of Krylon's Glitterblast golden sun, then seven or eight coats of Duplicolor engine clear.

5. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

looking pretty sharp. still havent picked any cans up myself. tried to, but the local fred meyers didnt have any.

6. I'll take the ROTH flake,anytime! The trick is to heat up the cans before spraying. I have a project i'm starting and it will be all painted with ROTH spray flake. I'll do a thread when I get everything ready to spray. Silver base,green flake,lots of clear....

7. madscience

madscience
    from Caro, MI

I boiled a spaghetti pot full of water and let the cans of KGB simmer in there for 5-10 just before i applied it.

8. salf100

salf100

Can you use this flake on its own? Or do you need a base coat? I was thinking about using the gold flake for some scallops on my sons pedal car:)

9. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

It is more effective with a base in my opinion. You will get more coverage out of a can.

10. salf100

salf100

Love the engine and the toilet!!

11. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I did my steeringwheel for my 1960 F100 in glitter blast and I think it looks pretty good I didn't use there clear I ended up using some krylon glossey glase

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

12. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

I beileve you get what you pay for. Plus theres gotta be zero uv protection and very limited shine.

13. Beau

Beau

ABOUT HEATING CANS

I always heat cans of spray bomb before painting. However, when I have done this to sparkly paint, I ALWAYS have issues. It's almost like the glitter/flake dries before it hits the surface of the piece being painted. About 65-70 degrees seem to be the best. As mentioned, they do dry in a matte finish, no matter how thick you spray it on.

Also, thanks to the little fuckers that like to spray graffiti, you can find one of their little head shops and you can purchase many different pattern and sized nozzles that would work for what you want.

Or just buy the right thing.