Register now to get rid of these ads!

Patina Aguilera

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooch, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. ok first pauls (kripfink) panel has the whole early 60's custom show thing going on it belongs here its a great looking truck

the one this thread is about would be cool with at least some primer on it and maybe alittle highth taken out of the roof the way it looks now ,looks like someone walked into ajunkyard and threw some wheels and tires on it to drag it home and start working on it , the way it looks in the photoshop looks like they put the wheels on it in a junk yard then decided it it would be too much work and just left it in the yard to sink into the ground

back in the 30's -early 60's appearence was everything on a car people didnt want to be seen in rusty primerd or beat to death hacked to hell cars (unless they were serious about going fast in either a straight line or roundy round)

where guys today get the notion that rusty cars with no paint on them was ever cool .......i have NO idea

2. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

so if I static drop it with a 46 Plymouth front suspension and run the 325 Hemi theres fewer complaints?
    a different photochop
    [​IMG]

3. I like that.. Now my 9 yo son wants to build one...

Also its your truck you do what ever you like.. Just keep us updated.

4. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

btw im not either an old dude or young dude i am 48. I spent the 1980s and what seems like a million dollars building muscle car after muscle car got burnt out ....married ....divorced and am now back into the hobby

5. Isn't it our role to impart our history to those of the younger generation that are interested? Not drive them away with the rattling of sabres. :p

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I thought this thread was about a truck...

7. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

Kinda what I thought

8. im not one for lowered cars unless they are full customs but, the second photoshop pic looks better id still take about 3 inches out of the roof and put it in primer

9. badshifter

badshifter

Done!
    I'm all for tradition. But if you can't afford paint, there is not a thing wrong with driving it the way it is.
    This version looks great to me.

10. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

As bad shifter says, that photo shop is a different ball game. And I actually really like the front end of that truck, I've never seen one before.
    Paul

11. That is how it was done then. Where is the confusion?

Sorry for trashing the thread. Personally I think tina would look great scooting along on her belly at 70mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I like the last pic of the truck, and you dont have to change the suspension, if the motor runs drive it!
    Then go to your local cheapo depot pick up a dual action sander and a spray gun= $75, and a roll of 180 grit discs(those will be the most money!) and a gallon of rustoleum gray primer=$35 (might be more) and some thinner

All asuming you have a decent compressor...go to town!
    In a weekend you can TRY body work and save the sheet metal.

If you really want the patina I dont know what to tell you. but if your reason for keeping it is no money Im a little confused about the several thousand dollar chassis mods...

either way Good Luck!

13. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Not to shit on this thread anymore, but smurftastic you need to find a different message forum.

I'm only 26 and will tell you to go read the rules of this site. Rusty pickups "laying frame" are not what the HAMB is about. Quit trying to argue what your altered perception of what this website should be about, because, get ready for this, it is WRONG.

Back to the truck... I dig the idea for a static drop with a Chrysler mill in it. I'm a painter so I hate rust, but that's up to you.

14. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

any more pics of the truck? or updates?

15. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

The Patina is great don't paint it , it would cost a ton of money to do a nice paint job ,guys are spending a g-note just for supplies. Just take it through the car wash and drive it. No maybe skip the the car wash part! Just drive it

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

Our definition of Traditional doesnt change just because the Rat Rodders and the Mini Truckers got involved in it.

And BTW, if you see 20" wheels or stuff like that anywhere on the HAMB, please Report it.

We'll get rid of the pics ( often with the whole post its in, sometimes with the entire thread its in)

This is the HAMB.

We concentrate on Traditional Hot Rods and Traditional Customs.

People should know better than to post that kind of stuff here.

17. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Sir you are talking utter bollocks and on the wrong site. Read the sticky and understand why folks here get arsey about FNG's telling them how it was. You say you respect the older guys here but you don't. From what your intro says , it seems you've never owned a hot rod or custom, always been into mini trucks, and now fancy something older. Then you have the bare faced cheek to start preaching to everyone like your the next Bo Huff and going to carry hot rodding into the future, your way, because you know whats traditional:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I quote

" Without us you might as well not have been either".

" It's stupid to see all these posts about don't put modern suspension under an old car, don't run transmissions that work properly"

Fella pull your head in or go somewhere else.

OP Nice truck, don't fuck it up with the whole layin frame thing

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  18. Welcome back! I love your truck! Looks great! Drive the hell out of. It

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

19. jmh

jmh

YEP!!! John

20. what makes me laugh the most is the guys shoving the "neo-traditional" garbage, telling everyone to buzz off if they don't like it, well most of them don't even have a fucking car........

21. or a regular car either :D

22. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Never, and if you really think that you are on the wrong site. There were cars that ran in primer, but it was temporary while they did what they needed to get to the shiny.

Thank you.

This is the poster child for not getting what this place is about.

If it doesn't look like it could have been from sometime mid 60's or before.

Someone who definitely gets it ^^^

Thank you sir.

24. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

25. ...I know this ^ ain't "traditional" but how bout some info on this lil red wagon?

26. Lol, isn't there another site that is all about rust bucket ratrod traditional barn finds?

27. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

28. Hooch

Hooch
    from Iowa

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.