Register now to get rid of these ads!

who watched bowling green

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aussie oldie, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Any comments on the reunion at bowling green. I saw some of it on bangshift. I liked it, but was last year's entry list a lot bigger.

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I didn't get to watch any but I heard Art Droomgoole's car with Rooman driving runner-upped in T/F. Congrats guys! Lippy:cool:

3. I thought it was great. Probably wonderful for people wanting to watch drag racin. Walking around looking at cars could be hazardous due to bikes, mopeds, golf carts, etc. they need to curtail that a bit. Can they do anything about the parking? That was pretty bad and it was the same last year. They need to utilize more exits. One of my biddies went home he was so pissed and he had only been there two hours before the rain hit.

Overall grade: Awesome to awesome plus

4. D-man313

D-man313

My dad and i just got back early this morning.
    one road side hickup on the way down.
    12 good friends at camp site.
    awesome drag racing.
    definately will go back next year.

5. storm king

storm king

It was a great event! I wore myself out a bit to early and went home before the finals and Cacklefest, which bums me out, but other than that, it's always a good time when its not raining or a bazillion degress with like humidity. Swap meet was a little weak this year, as were top fuel field and funny car.
    Getting our of there during the rush has always sucked, and I have no reason to doubt will always suck. So either leave a little early or hang around a bit longer for the traffic to die down and its cool.

6. Gator

Gator

The number one complaint I heard all weekend - and every year I've been attending the show.

Unfortunately the powers that be will probably never do anything about it - too much money to be made from renting out carts and selling 'permits' to the people who bring their own.

Still, one of my favorite shows and we'll definitely be there next year.

7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We were so happy that we got to watch it on bang shift. We couldn't be there due to my husband having surgery but getting to see freddy bear win the AA/GS class for the second year in a row was great. Next year they will be having one at the New England Dragway so i don't know if Bowling Green will be on our list or not.

8. bikes mopeds and golf carts are a cake-walk compared with Calif Hot Rod Reunion...

9. rlsteel

rlsteel

i lived throgh the golf cards and mopeds, we lost first round,We watched the night racing (some of the best racing I ever saw).Got home at 5 am.Had a good time.Beech bend is one of the best run tracks I have ever been to,If they would just upgrade the pa system. RLS

10. rooman

rooman

Sorry that I did not put on a better show in Art's car but we killed the aluminum heads on the jackstands on Thursday and had to run the old iron ones. We missed the first T/F session getting the motor back together with the new combo and then after they pushed our second qualifying session back to late in the afternoon the rain arrived before I got on the track.
    We went into round one with no idea of how the car would run ( plus I had never driven it before) and it put a bunch of cylinders out at the hit and was a total dog. I stayed in it for a while hoping that it would pick them up but it just kept waddling down there. When I saw Radar heading towards the centerline I shut it off and when he clipped a cone or two I was in the final. The guys changed some stuff before the final but it was a pooch again and I shut it off around 900 feet out.
    I agree with the golf cart situation at BG, a bunch of lookie loos drifting along in their own little world oblivious to the fact that they are in the middle of the race car pits where people are trying to get their car to or from the track. Security was supposed to keep them out of the pits but most of those guys were just sitting around playing with their cell phones or just did not care.

Roo

11. Congrats Keith, for doing as much as you did. Certainly had it all against you. I saw the first run, but just switched on as the funnys were doing 2nd runs. Must have just missed yours. Got your text, thanks, but didn't call back as I knew you would have your arse hanging out.Fuel altereds were cool. We'll be there in Oct for the CHRR, so hope you got a ride then.

12. It was my first HRR and I had a BLAST. Sadly, the cackle car that I was with had an "issue" during the push-start practice on Friday and wasn't able to run on Saturday. I'm already making plans for next year!

Jim

13. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i was there wed to sunday, car count was probably down for race cars, but some great racing. cant do anything about the weather, rained twice, but overall great time. hope nhra can keep it going. another one next year starting up at englishtown.

14. rooman

rooman

Actually the new race is at New England Dragway , Epping, New Hampshire.

Roo

15. gtx6970

gtx6970

Myself and 3 friends were there saturday. This was my 1st time, but most definitly not my last . Walking around so much history of the sport had me in awe all day.

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

they won't do anything about the golf carts. there is too much money to be made. my friend who lost a leg in a motorcycle accident about 4 years ago rented one for wed. thur fri and sat. he returned it sunday morning to the tune of 250.00

17. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

:eek: Damn.

18. petiesrods

petiesrods

I thought the it was a pretty good turnout...show, racers and hotel. I could do without the golfcarts, utvs and scooters but I thought there were some cool bikes around. My only complaint was having to yield to the golf carts when driving through the show in my old truck. Didn't seem to make sense. But no real complaints since I got to spend a couple of days walking through tons of nice cars!