Register now to get rid of these ads!

I never win anything..... until today 41 ford sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gearhead Graphics, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

So a friends car club was raffling a 41 Ford Sedan project car, with title at their show. I thought I'd help out the club and throw 10 bucks in the till for a ticket. A bit later they call and tell me I won...

So now I've got to figure out what to do with it, VERY complete, has some rust, but nothing too severe.

Flathead is there but frozen pretty good, heads were in trunk,cylinders had water in them. dumped in some atf and put the heads back on to keep out more water.

Maybe upgrade the suspension, throw in an inline 6 and do a mild chop?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Oh yeah, and the chick likes it allready, so thats a win

3. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

She's a bit rusty but I'd get it running and go from there.

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome! Lucky!

5. the girl or the car??? :D

6. I wouldn't chop it. I don't think they look right. Besides it's already getting the cute girls. Drop it down ,and get it running.

7. I will give you $11 for it.

8. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

wow, seems like a lot of work ahead of you, but for $10.00, who gives a shit?

congrats on your win -- enjoy!

9. Nice fender cover.:)

10. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

11. I would just make a mild custom out of it. those are hard to chop and have it look good. a clean low cruiser would be super cool though and room for fam and freinds...keep the flat head or put in something easy now and play with the flatty as time and funds allow if you really want it....
    congrats, Hans

12. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

best 10 dollars you spent in a while ah ?

13. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you. So get started already!

Clean it up, put in the drivetrain of your liking (I'd vote Flattie, or maybe Nailhead), do an altitude adjustment on steelies, and cruise, cruise, cruise...

14. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Finishing the 57, and a motor for the unibody, then onto this one, yes, drop it down some, make it run then run it a while. Its got some pretty rusty areas, but how rusty are most 10 dollar cars?
    Pretty cool win i have to say.
    Not so jazzed on the chop idea anymore, looked at a few and it gives it a turd look for sure .

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

One of my favorite styles! Like Forty in any style, but there's just not enough 41's around.............

Looks like a good base to work with to me.

Have fun with it!

16. 41 is the best lookng early V8 car built, that grill and front end are way cool. Mild custom dropped and driven is the way to have a great car..

17. Sell it to me for $50 and you have won $40.:rolleyes: Oh, leave the girl on the fender:cool:

18. metalix_421

metalix_421

Lucky dog. Good for you.

19. 41fordor

41fordor

Looks like the original color on the firewall. Lochaven Green is a Super Deluxe color only. I kinda like it. I think these look good in stock form. The rocker rust is fixable, how is the frame?

[​IMG]

20. I was going to say if you didn't already have her it looks like you won more than the car. :D

They both look like keepers from where I sit.

21. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Don't know if anyone told you, but 41"s are chick magnets. And it seems this one still works.

22. spiders web

spiders web

Lucky Duck! Still waiting at 53 to win a lottery or raffle. Oh well the money usually goes to a good cause. Have fun. Should make a nice cruiser.

23. what ever you decide keep the rare factory Air

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Dan was at the event yesterday and said you'd won it...congrats...but remember, NOT EVERYTHING needs to be chopped...and chopping a sedan like that is one of the tougher ones to get to look correct...most times they look like someone stepped on the top and then walked away...don't start chopping and then decide you don't like it...you'll have a tuff time selling it that way...

Personally, get it running, driving and see if you like it, then look at other 41's-48's and watch for badly the chopped sedans..

R-

25. Get rid of the car and the girl now! Both will cost you lots of money in the long run.... :)

26. love those 41 fords ill give ya 20.00 for it thatd be 100% profit for you :D

27. congrats, $10 well spent..

28. jfrolka

jfrolka

No chop... I will trade you my 51 mercury if you want a chopped car. I love these sedans.

29. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Congratulations!!! I wish I could win something like that some day!!!

30. guitard

guitard

Drop & drive; no chop; straight 300 and a 4-speed. I'd drive it forever or until I absolutely had to fix the rust. Congrats!