Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Minnesota Back To The 50's Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 20, 2012.

1. the cheapest way is to take the choped invicta wagon so thats how i roll:Dtourquise and black proabbly machinery hill again

the sat nite is rock en roll Buddeey holley and Orbison, and they are memberrs of the original"shadows" who played fargo the day after the music died

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. any meet & greets on friday?

3. wear a hamb shirt see what happens .... good or bad

4. Bull

Bull

I may not go Saturday at all now. Sounds like our club will be taking our gasser to Grove Creek for the Nostalgia Drags and Nitro Night of Fire:
    [​IMG]

Only about 2 hours west of the fairgrounds. I went last year and it was awesome. Geezer Gassers, FEDs, nostalgia floppers. Just look for our Stude Gasser:
    [​IMG]

5. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Doing both.Fifties until around 2 in the afternoon then heading west.The gassers dont run until a bit later anyway.Might be 10-15 in our group.
    Last year was fantastic.

6. Bull

Bull

We're going to run the Stude all day out there. Should be a blast!

7. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Did you bring the Invicta ro the Buick show at the fairgrounds earlier this year? I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.

My junk, if any HAMBers see this truck stop by and say hello...
    [​IMG]

8. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I have pics of your truck from the Buick show. It's a gorgeous truck!

9. The Meet and Greet has been Beside the Mortenson Building the last 2 years. Rogers Rod and Customs display is in the front.

10. ahem " morton"
    where the sky chair thingie crosses at the wright underwood intersection ..

11. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Had planned on having the Nash there but blew the engine in May. Still going, great show!

12. 55/98

55/98
    from washington

I met a guy yesterday on US 12 in washington state driving a 57 Buick convertable on his way to Back to the 50s. Very nice guy and wife from Astoria ore. Said it was kind of a bucket list type thing.The car is red and black with black top and real nice looking.

13. bryan6902

bryan6902

I've been going for 20 some years but never with a car.... Will be out all day Friday and Sunday. Stop and say hello..

[​IMG]

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

oh boy, I like that. Looking forward to seeing it in person

15. spiker

spiker

Do they have a long distance award? We're driving out from Maine in my 40 Ford pickup. We're cruising out with 2 other street rods from Maine and New Hampshire. We're planning on a 2-1/2 day drive out. We're going the Canadian route. This show is on my bucket list, I hope the weather's good, because this is probably going to be our one and only. Can't wait.

16. spiker

spiker

I forgot, I'll be in this.

Attached Files:

17. jazz1

jazz1

There are no awards, I just checked forecast which reminded me to pack raingear and lightning rods

18. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Even if there was a long distance award, Maine isn't far enough away to win. We met a guy from Australia or New Zeland that flew to the US, bought a done car and spent part of the summer traveling the US and attending as many car shows as possible...

19. blinddaddykarno

blinddaddykarno

I've been going for many years! Started taking my son when he was 5 or so. Used to bring a wagon for him to ride in when he got tired. Now he's 17 and I broke my knee, asked him if he would pull me around! Ungreatfull kid said no, have to rent a scooter! Still worth it! Was worried now that he's older he wouldn't want to go with me, but he assured me he wouldn't miss it! Went to NSRA Nats when they were in MN, BTT50's is better!

Watch for a fat man on a scooter with an embarrased teen with a 'fro, that will be us, Friday and Saturday.

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

agreed!

Please come and visit us in the Progress Building - that is the building up by the campgrounds and the water tower.

We will be selling shirts, DVDs, posters, stickers, patches etc

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  21. slim53

slim53

I'll be there for the 1st time in my coupe. I'll be with Bull Saturday drag racing though.

Slim

54 coupe.jpg

22. Wowcars

Wowcars

Is this where the HAMB meet and greet will be this year?

23. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

going for the 1st time... thinking Friday afternoon / evening... BTW... what does it cost to get in ???

24. spiker

spiker

Good, I like "no awards". I was just curious. Can't wait, we're heading out tomorrow morning at 4AM. I was reading that there might be a lot of rain. That's going to suck, 1500 miles to get rain. Oh well, I'll make the best of it. Question: is the flee market worth staying for on Sunday? I've got to be back to work on Wednesday. I was planning on checking it out then leaving around noon Sunday.

25. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

http://www.msra.com/

26. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Id say the swap is worth checking out. In years past there has been good deals aplenty but last year there was only a few guys with anything good in there.

27. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

i will be there all weekend! never miss it....

28. Wowcars

Wowcars

29. PinHead

PinHead

The swap meet isn't too bad, but I haven't been there for the last two so it may have changed. We usually check it out early and are out of there by Noon.

I don't know why, but it seems like we get rain there at some point almost every year. Usually it's not too bad and doesn't last long. We brought some big trash bags and cut holes in them for ponchos one year. Looked goofy as hell, but we had a dozen guys try to buy them off of us. If I was a heartless bastard, I could have sold them all and made some money, but we were nice and gave em away. :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  30. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Im sorry you wouldent get the Long distance award anyways.... ive seen cars from Austrailia, Japan, England, shipped over here that are at the event.. hahaha