Register now to get rid of these ads!

What happens when it's over

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigalturk1, May 15, 2012.

1. plan
    wait a few weeks after said timely mishap let all those who knew of you and the "stuff " get written or at least verbal notice ...
    all items willed out are set to that plan ... the rest goes
    review all said items at the whole day of wake
    sell all said items at auction right after the funeral
    to highest bidders no matter how much whining occurs

money is divided to family

i have seen family way over pay at estate auctions guys be ready

2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I think I can read more about traditional hotrods in actual obituaries!
    You guys need to get to the mens civic clubs a little more to talk out your issues there...

3. Turk: I helped a friend sell off his uncles estate after he was gone. He left a LOT off stuff behind and it took us nearly a year to do. It was 140 miles away, 20 trips. The widow made a pile of cash! However. She was really upset that "He" left her with all that stuff to do something with. MY advice is, since you are probably gonna be here for a little, is to wittle the pile down to what you really need, not want, sell the rest. You can still have stuff to entertain yourself with without leaving the burden to your WIFE. Tim

4. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

I told her to put it on the curb right along with my ashes........:D

5. terry48435

terry48435

This is what I told my daughter to do too.She's the executor of my estate.

6. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

don't worry, the way this president is going, he will be glad to take care of your prize poss., more stimuless to give away...

7. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Funny you mention this. A friend of mine left too early and didn't have a list of people to contact or what was stashed where, or if he did, nobody found the will.

I'm certainly not properly prepared or anything, but I have a safe with all my papers like car titles, leases, gun receipts, copies of ids, all that jazz that I'd like to grab just in case of a fire or something, plus a list of folks to contact with phone numbers and email.

It's at least a decent start for anybody that would have to handle this stuff.

8. Guess I have $40k + in just hand tools plus my 30 Coupe, and have no children, no one in my family that is interested in my project. Soooo!
    I saw a program that a Airline Stewardess started for the Wounded Warriors in Texas, (they take Hot Rods and other off topic cars and refurbish them, gives a place for the Wounded Warrior to hang out, work and talk Hot Rods keep his mind busy and do something constructive. So that's my plan.

Mike

9. been selling for 6 years now, last year was a give away
    sold most of the farm machinery and cats last year
    long time ago sold semi , swamp cat and excavator and started buying rods and customs liked that plan:rolleyes:
    even buying a few new tools 3 welders and tire changer more cars to fix before the body craps
    sure is a bad time to sell, pay high and sell lo
    got 2 bikes to go too

10. No.

11. dadsdreamcar

dadsdreamcar

i would be rolling over in my grave if my son ever got his hands on my prized car. sorry to say,LOL

12. got a friend going thru the same thing . he started giving things away or trading parts for work on stuff around the house.I suggest this or finding a good school to donate to or a charity like wounded warriors