Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

The hot pink and lime green will look great!:D

2. woodbox

woodbox

I am simply trying to do it right! Its been too long in the build to screw it up now.

3. linkstar69

linkstar69

Once again the detail is just first class. I think you've mentioned it before but for people like me that suffer memory loss what steering box did you go with? Looks like you didn't have to reverse it, is that right?

Cheers
    Link

4. woodbox

woodbox

Link, I used an early Toyota Hilux 4wd, the ones with the solid front axle, pre ifs. Plenty strong enough and nice U joints onto the column too!

Cheers for the comments.:cool:

5. woodbox

woodbox

Mine started out as a quick and simple build........and just grew and grew and grew! I can't help myself once I get into a project like this, and
    12 months turns rapidly into 8 years!! I am glad I can provide some inspiration to you, and hope your project goes well.

6. woodbox

woodbox

Aww Shucks....stop it....go on, stop it........I'll give you twenty minutes to stop it!:eek:

7. fleet-master

fleet-master

Thats what I say to my Mrs when she....oh never mind...:D:D

8. NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH ! NEWS FLASH !

A secret agent ( read SPY ) saw some panels ( possibly a dash :D ) being
    hurried across the car park at the AGM .... So I know what the color is !

All bribes and skulduggery will be given due consideration........

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:D

hehehehe!

9. fleet-master

fleet-master

^^^ oh you tease!!!! :p:eek::D:D

10. hehe , insert evil laugh here .. MMMuuuhhaaahaaaa !

Having seen this in the flesh as a "roller " a few years back , and now knowing what the color is ... All I can tell you is that " General TimberFanny " has
    completely nailed it. The color will totally "complete" the whole theme of the car .

I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh again in a few weeks .

11. woodbox

woodbox

You and I need to sit down and have a VERY SERIOUS TALK......preferably including a few beverages!:cool:

12. woodbox

woodbox

Todays mail included an acceptance letter from the 50th Anniversary NZHRA National Show for me and my car! So I spent some more time tonight on a show board to put on the display. It has turned out pretty good, but I want to print it out first to see what it will look like full size. Is a full 8' x 4' sheet of ply too big and ostentatious? Maybe I will try an A3 sheet first!!:D:D:D:D

Now I have another problem though. We are supposed to supply our own surround or people barriers for the display! Holy crap!:eek: What will I use? I am pouring every last penny (and some) into getting the damn car done!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

13. davo461

davo461

How many 'Banjo' axle housings can you find?

14. woodbox

woodbox

Yes I thought of that too! But they don't grow on trees around here, and I don't want to cut up the ones I have as they are destined for my sons project car.

15. davo461

davo461

Gallagher electric fence unit? lol ( I think I'm joking!)

16. :Dgot any road works nearby i'm sure they won't miss a few cones:D

17. Yup , you're on .

On your barrier issue for the NZHRA show , do you have a friendly NZ safety or saftey and apparel Sales rep that calls on you at work? They stock/sell bollards etc for temporary workshop hazards ... A tame rep or manager may lend you some for the show ?

18. woodbox

woodbox

Mate! I live in Northland! Home of Dairy tankers and logging trucks! Some of our potholes are 20miles long!!! Most people here panic when they hit a sealed piece of road!

19. Haven't checked in for a wee while..... man, it's coming along great. Attention to detail is outstanding:cool:, I like that you've got a decent radiator in it too:D:cool:.

20. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks for visiting again. Radiator was a priority for me. It has to be driveable and long distance too!

21. fleet-master

fleet-master

crime scene tape? ...just kidding :D:D although you could be fined for being such a tease on the colour!! :p

22. woodbox

woodbox

Maybe I just need a chalk outline!!:cool:

23. woodbox

woodbox

Today I picked up a couple more panels and put them away in a safe place.
    Then it was onto the glove compartment and its lid.

[​IMG]

I had to do a bit of restoration and a quick bead blast of the latch mechanism, so now it's as good as new (except the key lock).

[​IMG]

It opens and stays closed like magic! One day I will try try to find an original hinge to replace the one that I made to do the job.

[​IMG]

There's a bonus....A cup holder! For my milk and cookies! Should be a hot cocoa today....its bloody freezing out of the sun!

[​IMG]

View from the other side of the dash, closed.........

[​IMG]

.....And opened!
    I will look at the possibliity of making a glove box propper later....but for now it gives good access to the fuse panel.

Off to bed now! Working tonight!:cool:

24. Neat stuff , coming along like "Sh*t Hot :D .

Keen to see the real color ;)

Shrapnel :cool:

25. Scumdog

Scumdog

Is the glovebox latch from an Anglia???:confused:

(I haven't read the last page of this thread...)

26. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers Shrappy! The body should have more paint by now. Hope to pick it up later in the week along with the engine.

The whole dash is from a 1946 Ford (NZ) and has been narrowed 10 inches through the middle,2 inches off each end and the top 3 inches removed along with the ash tray door etc. The glove box door is a standard item and so is the latch...as far as I know! Probably a fairly generic item from the Ford parts bin I would say.....Why reinvent the wheel every time you build a different model car eh?

27. woodbox

woodbox

I am sitting here and looking in my note book....it tells me that I have only 23 days to go!!!

28. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Man, you are killing me with the black n whites! I beg of you... just one little tease of color? Gary

29. woodbox

woodbox

Won't be long.....soon!

30. I mite have some Bollards for ya to borrow if ya keen , nothing flash , just trying to remember sizing , square alloy plate base about 150 - 200 square with a 50 diameter alloy tube on top , has a smaller (maybe 30 diameter) running across the top of the 50 for the rope or ribbion to run through, Un-polished but simple and clean. Burried in my bottom shed , will try and get them out for a pic in the weekend if ya keen.

And yeah , , , show Us The Color :D:D:D

Shrapnel :cool: