Register now to get rid of these ads!

sad day

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by banjo, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Yes, the pole was flat black with red paint scrapes.

2. Catdaddyo

Catdaddyo

That should of buffed right out

3. banjo

banjo

actually, the pole was kinda brown, the transformer was black, but it missed me.

4. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

hey mike, there's no sense cryin' over spilled milk.;)

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Skidded sideways into one in my very first car. I fish tailed it around a turn, then the throttle got stuck open. I was headed straight towards a park full of kids playing basketball, so I cut the wheel and slid sideways into a telephone pole.

The funny part was driving home and passing people I knew with the undamaged side of he car, and waving out the window like nothing happened.

In hindsight, I should have thrown it into neutral and shut the car off. . . but I was 17 and it all happened in a span of about a half a second.

6. I had a Triple Red 64SS just like that as well....409 4speed car.
    [​IMG]

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, I don't know whether to laugh at you or with you. That's some funny shit.:D

8. Car is O/T (except maybe the front suspenssion) but this is what happens when you play chicken with a 240Z and you both "flinch" at the same time. I was 17 and stupid so please forgive me.

[​IMG]

9. banjo

banjo

i thought 17 was when you knew it all, and dad didnt know shit.

10. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

At least you did the automotive world a favor by removing another one of those GAWD-AWFUL Mustang IIs from the public roadways. More points had it been a Pinto... :D

11. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

It was a Rat Pole.

12. Pre-K

Pre-K
    from Ventura

I centered a t-pole once, in Fort Wayne, Indiana, the day after the Indy 500 was delayed in 1986. In a O/T '77 911. Drifting an intersection at 45 mph, hit tar and gravel, slid up the guy-wire, and down again... Angels were out that day. $3000 in damage. Owner said "Glad it happened to you. It would have ruined my day".
    Still best friends who laugh about it to this day.

Life is good.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The good part of the whole deal is that we know damned well you positively weren't talking on cell phone or texting at the time.

In early 1964 I hit Gary Fishers 62 409 Impala when it was sitting minus the engine behind a body shop and crumpled the fender on my 51 Merc and the fender on the Impala. I was looking down to adjust my defroster at the time and probably going 20mph. I traded a 22 single shot rifle to the local river rats for a complete nose off a 49 Merc.

14. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

The body shop wanted additional $$$ to fix his fender, he declined and said "screw car repairs" and started riding his bike everywhere. The rest is history... :D

15. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

[​IMG] I like the half hearted "peace sign" you are holding up. sorry about the sweet car, you should of hit a barber pole instead of that telephone pole.lol.

16. banjo

banjo

i wanted to use another finger, but girl friend said no, man, wish i was that thin and had that hair back!

17. ... it'll buff out.

18. wreckercologist

wreckercologist

:D quite good!

19. moefuzz

moefuzz

At least you did the automotive world a favor by removing another one of those GAWD-AWFUL 64 impellers from the public roadways. More points had it been a 66 ragtop buick... :D

20. I'm sorry for your pain, but I just noticed the big head bandaged and cracked up. Did you put a big steak on your eye too? :D

21. banjo

banjo

the first head bandage was tie-dyed red;), couldnt afford steak, i think it was possum.

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You sir, know now to fkg party...lol.

23. G'day all,

I managed to center punch a pole in a local grocery store parking lot. One of the ones with the massive 4 foot tall concrete base. There were extenuating circustances though. The cutest blonde in the shortest little skirt was getting out of her car as I was pulling out of my spot so I was completely distracted. Another fellow was sitting in his car enjoying the scenery as well and all he could do was laugh his butt off. Of course I was driving my old ot work truck with a v'ed 1/2 inch plate front bumper. Scraped some of the rustoleum off of it.

ms

24. Actually me and my friend Lance removed two of these from the food chain. ;)

25. Nice shorts! I'm glad I'm not the only one that looked like that back in the '80s

26. I had a 64 ss and a friend of mine went to park his 55 chev next to mine and did a crash very close to yours. Not quite as bad but still needed a fender /hood etc.

Attached Files:

27. People have been skinned around here for saying far nicer things. :D:)

28. moefuzz

moefuzz

and chevy guys can't take any of their own medicine. boo hoo

29. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Back then a 50 dollar or less 4 door parts car and a weekend and it could have been back on the road,back in 79 I bought a 25 dollar parts car to get my wrecked 65 galaxie back on the road that had front end damage.

30. banjo

banjo

woulda took more than a weekend, needed a frame too.