Register now to get rid of these ads!

MSRA Back to the 50's NIGHT LIFE!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skiviskaves, Jun 12, 2012.

1. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

This is my 1st year going up for BTT50s in the Twin Cities and I am really freakin stoked! My question is: is there a sock hop at night? What's the hot ticket on Friday and Saturday night? I'd love to see some pinup girls in poodle skirts getting shakin it down to Buddy Holly! Aside from taking in 12,000 hot rods, what are the must dos for the weekend, and where is the hot night life?

2. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? :D

3. OldSchoolSS

OldSchoolSS
    from WI

I hear Smalley’s Caribbean Barbeque and Pirate Bar is where it's at.

4. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Thursday Night used to be Porkys and the Drive In.... but porkys is gone now.

Fiday/Saturday is fun watching the idiots on Snelling doing burouts at all the stoplights...

5. sleep at night
    look at a jillion cars during the day
    party any other nights of the year

why nap in a lawnchair and miss the show?

i always thought it funny how folks drive hours and hours to get to this event then party all night and miss it and go home and ask what happened

6. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

Amateurs... :D

7. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Pinups HAHAHAHA not that kind of venue.
    Sock-hop not The CornRoast
    Lots of cars and lawn chairs you figure it out;)

8. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

By the time you walk the Minnesota state fairgrounds for a couple of days, you'll appreciate going back to your hotel, put your feet up, and have a cold beer or two...

9. robertsregal

robertsregal

It is a Great show much to see and do go to msra web sight you should find info or look in your linechaser magazine for info if you are not a member join and recieve linechaser to keep up to date information

10. Jason455

Jason455

PORKY`s is still around they relocated the building a couple miles from my house. http://www.littleloghouseshow.com/ But sadly not open for BTT 50`s

11. years ago . early 80's i had entered my car and picked up a carload of guys to go into the show they all brought there beer in coolers and a lawnchairs ... when we drove up to the gate 4 of the 5 guys had to pay $ to get inside they refused and just wanted to sit outside by the gate and drink ....
    so after driving an hour or more to pick them all up getting them there they were to cheap to go in ..later when we picked them back up when the show shut down. ... they all were lubricated and wanted to go to a local strip club "cuz they were out w/o there wives and they would not find out " wink wink "..i refused to take them . they never went with me to any car shows again..

my lesson learned
    time and place for things
    some are not car guys but talk like car guys

12. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

13. Speed~On

Speed~On

14. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Friday night the "Shadows Tribute Band" plays from 6:30 to 9:30 at the outdoor stage next to the Space Needle (SE corner of the fairgrounds). Sat. from 6:30 to 9:30 PM it's the "Holy Rocka Rollaz". And it's not night life but "The Star Chiefs", a Minnesota-based rockabilly band will be performing Sat. from 2 to 4:30 PM and Sun. from 11:30 to 1, in the Ladies Showcase building.

Try this link: http://www.msra.com/BTT50s/2012/Entertainment/Entertainment.pdf

As far as off-site hot spots, I can't really tell you much about that but the night cruising has always been pretty darn good on the fairgrounds. Spectator crowds thin out, so a lot of people actually get off the lawn chairs, un-park their cars and CRUISE the fairgrounds. For my money, nights on the fairgrounds are just as good or better than the daytime scene. :)

15. scoop

scoop

We'll be going here Thurs night.Looks like a fun place.

16. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

That sounds like great advice! Can't wait to get up there!!!

17. "Nights" on the Fairgrounds end at 10:00
    We Minnesotans are wimps!
    The Fairgrounds is in the midst of a residential neighborhood. Gotta keep the neighbors happy.