Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 chevy full sheet metal kit car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31ratcoach, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28

I have a 26 buick 2 door sedan, and the vin was located on the frame on the passenger side outside edge right up by the engine. The same number was also on the firewall, and the engine block. it seems buick did it up right at least on my 26. All of them were riveted on, including the engine block numbers. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Thanks for the reply, Ghost, but was the one on the frame riveted on a tag also, or stamped on the frame. Thanks, Joe.

3. Super JHawk

Super JHawk
    from Tacoma

im looking for front winshield parts and frame for my '29 chev 2 door sedan. can anyone help? i have some but not all of them. kinda hard to complete my project.

4. joeynova

joeynova

I'm working on building a steel frame for my 30 chevy but I am thinking about leaving the door pillars in wood. Ant suggestions? The wood is good and I'm not sure if I want to tackle all the added fabrication.

Attached Files:

5. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

joyenova; I think a combination is best. There are some places wood simply works better. If the wood is good and welding to accomplish the rest doesn't scorch it, I would leave it. Fisher body works didn't take much effort to preserve the wood in the first place so a coat of paint on good old wood will insure it lasts for another 80 years!:cool:

6. Ghost28

Ghost28

It's been awhile so I thought I would bring it back up to the top. Lots of good info for the chevy guys.

7. crcltrakr

crcltrakr
    from Idaho

Super Hawk:

Are you still looking for body parts?

I may be able to help.....

8. crcltrakr

crcltrakr
    from Idaho

Help!

Could someone please give me a dimension for hood length (cowl to radiator shell) for a 29 Chev coach? I'm trying to layout the overall dimensions for a project I'm doing.

Thanks in advance,

JerryM

9. crcltrakr

crcltrakr
    from Idaho

Here is the final result of my efforts, notice the relocated B Pillar.

Attached Files:

10. Ghost28

Ghost28

DANG. That thing just looks like all kinds of fun. Was it a 4 door to begin with? I like where you are sitting in the car.

11. crcltrakr

crcltrakr
    from Idaho

Ghost:

It is a 29 coach 2 door, I moved the "B" pillar ahead 14" inches (compare the Rt front door window & post) and opened the top and bottom of rear window by 1" to allow my girth easy access. Frame is 84 Y--- 4WD, 59 F--- front & rear axle, parallel leaf springs, disc brakes F&R, PS, F--- 4.9L I6, Comp cam & kit, Forged .050 over pistons. Only 1 outing this year, looking forward to 2012.

JerryM

12. adam401

adam401

Man, what a nice origional looking car. Id drive that around just like that and I cut EVERYTHING. Have fun whatever you decide. Thread highjack over.

13. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

I'm finally getting back to working on my '31. Have been gathering parts and money. So I thought I would resurrect this thread and at the same time ask if any of you guys might have a set of left over running board brackets that you might want to part with. I Could really use a full set as I only got the back two with my car and they had been shortened, don't know why??? Please let me know if you have some.

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of my '31 coupe turned roadster a long time ago. Thanks, Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

In the next few weeks, I will be removing the running boards and all brackets from my 1928 coupe, they look to be in excellent condition and I will try to remove without damaging them.

Keep in touch with me by private message if you think you need these parts....

thanks!
    Mike

15. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Thanks Mike, will PM you if I need them. Thanks, Joe.

16. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

I need some rear fenders for my project. Started life as a chevy '31 5 window. Can someone tell me what fenders will fit. Do I have to look for only '31 fenders or do I have some other options. Thanks, Joe.

17. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

Update on my '31 coupe turned roadster. Still looking for a set of rear fenders. Thanks, Joe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ryanpatrick

ryanpatrick
    from NC

since you guys are talking about running boards and fenders. I just got a 1930 two door chevy sedan and need to know what all years fit it. i think years 1928-1930 is that right? and all the boards and fenders are the same for every make and model for them years?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  19. Joe Tx

Joe Tx

I'm no expert, but from what has been replied to some of my questions, it seems that 1931 and '32 are the same size except that '32 have a molding on them that the '31 doesn't, but both years would fit a 1931. These are 10" wide at the running board. The running boards are also 10" wide at the rear.

I have a pair of rear fenders that seem to fit the body but are 9" wide at the running board so these won't work for mine as the running boards would be wider than the fender. I would have to cut then and add a strip to widen them. I would expect that the 9" wide fenders would also have a 9" wide running board.

Seems like I've been told that a two door sedan is called a "coach" and rear fenders are interchangeable between a "coach" and a "coupe/roadster". Sorry I don't have other info on previous years. Hopes this helps somewhat. Maybe a "real" expert can chime in. Joe.

9 inch fender with 10 inch running boards
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ryanpatrick

ryanpatrick
    from NC

Yeah that helps out joe thanks!!! Now just got to keep a eye out for some good parts and web site!

21. bubbajla

bubbajla
    from Rogers, AR