Register now to get rid of these ads!

opinions on a trade ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luapsed, Jun 13, 2012.

1. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Keep the Vette and buy the Plymouth. Like others have said, the Vette is worth a lot more and I use to own a '68 Vette Roadster with a BBC and 4 speed.

2. Tony

Tony

For THIS situation i'd keep the Vette.
    If you're a bit bored of it clone a Baldwin car :D.
    OR, sell it and get something you want, not a trade you have to "consider" if that makes sense.
    Just my worthless 2 cents.
    Tony

3. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Keep the vette my .02

4. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

TRADE!!!....MOPAR OR NOCAR!!!....Enuff said!!!

5. I didn't notice anybody mention to ask you if the Vette was a matching number car ? Like falcon commented,there aren't as many asses willing to sit down in that Plymouth seat !!!

6. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Even though I am not a "Vette" guy (except the 63 split window) I would keep the Vette, but hey I have an old car already.

48 Poncho

7. From a "Market Value" standpoint, the chrome bumper Corvette is worth 2 - 3 times more than that old Plymouth.

Even from an old hot rodder`s viewpoint, the fat fendered Mopars are always the red-headed stepchild.

A straight-across trade makes no sense at all.

8. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What do you really want? The Vette definitely has more $ value, but in addition to that, this stuff is supposed to be fun, and you said your Vette is a blast to drive...so there's a second reason not to trade. Also, I don't think the Plymouth will fully satisfy your hot rod jones...esp with an auto trans. I'm with the guys who say spiff up the Vette a bit, then sell it and buy hot rod that really turns yer crank. Coupes are good. Something with a stick-shift and a hot V8. I'm thinking it's probably not a bad time to be selling a Corvette and buying a hot rod. Seems a lot of guys that go nuts over Vettes have a lot more money than some, and even in this economy, it'd sell well. And with a big bundle of cash in your hands, you'd probably be able to swing a great deal on a hot rod. Are you familiar with the various makes and models and know what you really like? Ford/Chevy/Mopar, etc. Club coupe, business coupe, sedans, hardtops, etc. 30s/40's/50s etc. You gotta choose. Not that I don't care for the Mopar coupe...it's just I wouldn't trade the Vette.

10. Keep the Vette. They're fun cars. I still wish I had one of mine back. With apologies to the mopar guys out there, that Plymouth just isn't a real popular body style and when it's time to move it down the line to the next owner, you'll be wishing you still had that Vette. Only way I'd consider that trade is if the 40 Plymouth coupe is your dream car.

11. Vendome

Vendome

Ask Frank on American Pickers how he did with his Plymouth coupe.

12. Seems like a lop-sided trade to me. I'd keep the 'vette and build a hotrod motor for it but I'm kinda biased.

Attached Files:

13. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

If it was rebuilt less than 500 miles ago, why is it still just 200 hp,???

14. punisher7

punisher7

I would keep the vette. That 40 Plymouth isn't worth anything close to the vette.. I like the 40 Plymouth more than the vette, but I'm not chebbie guy

15. luapsed

luapsed
    from Fords, NJ

Yeah, I like the Plymouth, but don't love it. the vette motor is matching and it was just a basic rebuild ( new pistons , rings, heads done over) I just stated the motor was rated stock at 200hp. It does move and sounds awesome. The kiss of death for me is not having the 4 speed and drivin the automatic. The Plymouth has camaro front clip, disc brakes, rear from a dodge truck and rebuilt 283. I definitely think vette is worth more in cash, it just doesn't have that hot rod feel. I'm keeping it for now and tool around in it for summer.

16. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

you have made a wise choice. just my .02 and not worth that much.

17. Rude Dude

Rude Dude

Wise choice plus the vettes with the steal bumpers are getting hard to find and collectable!