Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

And they ruined the seat on top of it too. Sounds like a joke.
    Im sure it will work out in the end, but dammit it really sucks.
    At least you have a long list of reputable shops in your area that can and will fix it properly, too bad you didnt know b4, if only you posted b4 sending the truck to be done :(
    keep us updated mate.

2. Blake84

Blake84

i disputed $2045 which i paid with my debit card. They credited me back the money while they investigate. I sent them my invoice plus a link and print out of this entire thread because they asked for a 3rd party letter mentioning how the suspension was bad I said how about 100s of comments about how i could die. they said that works. So we will see what happens still no word back from the email i sent last night.

3. Blake84

Blake84

seat burn marks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Low57F100

Low57F100

the rest you paid cash?

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You got took, man that's so sad, I'm not even sure the 'shop' think they do hack work, they just don't know any better. I don't know if these young uns are UTI graduates but they sure sound like it.

Over enthusiasm and ownership of a MIG welder do not a fabricator make.

6. derbydad276

derbydad276

7. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Looking good! Love those trucks.

8. Blake84

Blake84

Yes sir......if i get back the $2045 ill be satisfied and write the rest off and wash my hands......if not ill go to court for much more than $2045

9. Low57F100

Low57F100

id take them to court but meanwhile $2045 is better than nothing.

10. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

how did they burn the seats?

jesus what a shit show operation

11. Blake84

Blake84

No clue....they said they didn't do it. I got it out of the shop right before I brought it to them and I don't own tools it's just crazy.

Here is the response I got from my long email

Hi Blake,
    I'm sorry you feel this way. I will go over my notes, and speak to the guys, including Kevin and email you a detailed response early next week.

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Dare i ask how much more than the 2k was in cash? Around here you could have had the whole gig done for less than 5k.
    And wtf did they put on the seats tor burn them?

Good luck getting your $ back, and getting that front end fixed right! As mr Polacko pointed out its still SACRRY wrong.

13. blake, we got your back

14. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Do NOT wait for them. CALL your CC company NOW. THEY wont want to give your money back. Take your money back.

15. Blake84

Blake84

I did I already got temporary credit while they investigate

16. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

I hate hearing stuff like this, hope it all works out for you!! The truck looks great by the way!

17. Sorry to hear that you got took so badly. You should spend some time on Elpalcko's website and stay in touch with him. Save your money and bring the truck to him. You will not be sorry and you will be able to do well above 100mph on the freeway when Elpalcko is done with it and steer with two fingers and sipping and a soda with a big smile on your face knowing its correct and safe.

18. Blake84

Blake84

Oh I'm saving.....that's my goal to tAke it to him.

19. You should go too LA Roadster show this weekend at pomona and meet up with Elpalcko and see his truck in person to see his work. Maybe he can take you for a ride in it too see how your truck will ride in the end. Just make sure the back or head does not hit the back window when he gets on it.

20. Big Nick

Big Nick

Blake, I am sorry to hear all the bullshit you had to go through but happy you got the truck out and turned onto Elpolako. Its amazing people get away with this shit. I own a company (motorcycles) and I would never let something like that roll out of my place and for the amaount of money they charged! Holy Shit! I hope everything works out for you in the end and you get this truck on the road and safe! Good luck!

Nick

21. worn shoes

worn shoes

Sometimes I think some HAMB members overreact and are quick to give negative feed back, BUT on this case these guys were spot on! I'm glad members spoke up and this may have saved your life. So sorry that you got taken advantage of and I hope this doesn't kill the hobby for you. I wish you luck and hope you get back some monetary compensation.

22. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

fuck man. sorry to hear about this shit. get ALL of your money back. that guy should never touch another god damn vehicle. once your truck is done right, take it for a long ass cruise and take a breather from workin on it for a while. have fun with it for a bit once its done. i know how frustrating the work stages cane be. everyone on here does. relax and cruise it for a bit and you will be happier than hell again. chalk it up as a learnin experience

23. Blake84

Blake84

24. chaddilac

chaddilac

Blake... I just love those magical hubcaps you got on the front!!! :D

I'm sure you spent a chunk on that work... but I would think if you instal a new frontend like that, when it's aired out... that sucker should be kissin the pavement!!! Aired out looks like a good ride height to me!!

I'd go meet up with El Polacko as suggest above at the LARS this weekend!!

25. chaddilac

chaddilac

btw... soooo dig your truck!!! Can't wait to start on my 59 f100!! :)

26. blake that video helps us. it still looks sketchy

27. RFOSTER

RFOSTER

I'm sure you spent a chunk on that work... but I would think if you instal a new frontend like that, when it's aired out... that sucker should be kissin the pavement!!! Aired out looks like a good ride height to me!!

^^^^X2, it should be on the rockers for that kind of work and money!!! Can't wait to see it when u get it all back safe and sound! I love these fords!

28. I've done my share of ugly welds but I wouldn't drive around the block with the work done on your truck. For someone who is in the business to let that go out of his shop is a crime. I love the look you have going but please get it fixed fast.
    Good luck!

29. Blake84

Blake84

I'm assuming you are talking about the NEW updated video and not the old suspension pics and video right?

30. Glen

Glen

[​IMG]

Did anyone notice the lower control arm has no support on the backside? The upper shock mount will flex and rip off the top of the frame rail. The upper control arm has no support on the mount tabs. I bet the whole assembly would fold back if it was to hit something

you should put it on an alignment rack to see how far out it is, that caster is wild.