Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheelsmith hot rod wires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikemo, Jun 13, 2012.

1. mikemo

mikemo

I'm building my 36' Ford pu, with approx. 350 hp SBF, to be a daily driver. I would like to run Wheelsmith's hot rod wires, should I have any concerns about these wheels holding up? Thanks

Attached Files:

• 105.jpg
      105.jpg
      File size:
      452.2 KB
      Views:
    • 106.jpg
      106.jpg
      File size:
      497.8 KB
      Views:
  2. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

I spoke to them and they said they have had issues with cars over 750/800hp. Anything less is fine.

3. mikemo

mikemo

Thanks classicdreamer, anyone else with Wheelsmith reliability experience.

4. zzford

zzford

I had a set of Wheel Vintiques for about 10 years and they never caused a bit of problem. I suspect that there is only one manufacturer out there, but a lot of folks selling them under their name.

5. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Nope, I know I make my own and I'm pretty sure Wheelsmith makes their own, but Wheel Vintiques does not. Theirs are made by either Roadster wire wheel or Dayton.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

For the record my old pickup had a set Wheelkid made (or more likely his dad given this was more than 10 years ago) and I would light that fucker up all the time, the wheels couldn't car less.

7. I was a partner in Roaster Wheels for a while years back. We made our own, so does Wheelsmith and others. I have personally run them with 400+ HP on a street car and beat the crap out them. Never a problem.